BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Taping of the nose after cast off is common with people who get reduction rhinoplasties. The reason is that the skin doesn't shrink right away and the swelling keeps it from adhering to the cartilage/bone. The result is that you get scar tissue filling in the space. Search for "pollybeak deformity" to get some scary after rhinoplasty pictures. I think it's less of an issue for asian rhinoplasty because the skin usually needs to stretch for augmentation. I still tape my nose every night and eventually I hope my final result is how it looks right when I take the tape off (it swells a little, but not much). I'm 2 months post op. Still good to ask your surgeon about it because they have differing opinions.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

angleplane i actually really like reading your posts. very informative & helpful.

with that said, can we start talking about OTHER alternatives?

the problem with these plastic surgery topics on this board & many others is that we start to have a flavor of the month doctor in which alternatives (often bettter ones) are ignored.

it becomes this endless cycle.

one person goes to XYZ doctor and has a good result and then all of a sudden for that month or that year suddenly the doctor is God & everyone becomes interested in that doctor.

then the "real" reviews start pouring in about how that particular doctor is not as good as we all think & then the doctor has all these handlers & 'damage control' ppl on payroll to flood the forums ..and then the unhappy real patients battle it out with the happy real patients mixed in with the publicity team from the doctor's office & it can get real messy..at the end of it all when the dust settles we realize that its an average doctor who just got a surge of interest due to a snowball effect

then we move on to a next doctor who becomes a flavor of the month

the cycle continues...there MUST be a doctor out there whose talent is the 'cream of the crop' i believe a lot of the docs mentioned on here are just average...when we get sucked into this plastic surgery cycle we become so helpless that we want to latch on to anything that can give us hope. so its easy to see how some mediocre doc can be elevated into god-like status on these boards.

in order to break this cycle we have to keep having open dialogue about alternatives

one alternative whose work i really like is Dr.Fukuda although i will say his bedside manner really left something more to be desired...its a shame because i think his skill is pretty much unparalleled....i visited him for a consultation with so much hope & didnt find him to be very engaging ...it sucks because his work is so good iMO.

he has a very good eye for aesthetics, but then again my only perspective is the filtered one he provides on his own website

any real patients of dr fukuda?

Youtube is filled with awful characters.

I'm glad that you're comfortable with who you are and what you are doing. I mean, you're so young and not afraid to show your face and be frank about what you are doing and explain the feelings behind why are went under the knife. That takes a lot of guts.

@AsianModelBoy i am also interested in Dr. Fukuta. i am really impressed by his works . He does seemed to specialized in that Eurasian looked that i like. i plan on having consultation with him when i get ready to do my Surgery . i just hopes he speaks and understands English ?

since you brought up the UTI issue, I remembered reading some of the post from VIP former patients saying they had urinary tract infection/fever after their nose surgery and this really scared me. I had doubts that VIP was too good to be true. Besides, I didn't want rib on my bridge and I only needed tip work, but Joanne insists that rib for the whole nose is the best and only option. well, I am glad I cancelled my surgery with VIP.

I wonder, did Joanne/Dr. Lee tell everyone that their septum is deviated and that they need paranasal or genioplasty? I consulted with 4 other doctors and all said I dont need paranasal augmentation...hmmmm Dr. Lee?

To answer your question about removing your septal cartilage. I think the doctor who advised you not to remove is right. You need the strut to support your tip and the septal cartilage to support the mid part of your nose. When I was in Seoul, 3 doctors told me that my previous doc perforated my septal thus that explains the supratip and collapse of my mid region. I hope you reconsider his advice and wait...or consult with more docs and see what they say.

about the UTI i dont think dr. lee or anybody have anything to do with it, bcuz like other said before surgery 12 hours u cant eat or drink anything and then surgery gonna be another 8-9 hours, after surgery i dont remember how many hours i think 8 or 12 hours u cant drink anything bcuz of GA so basically it gonna b 28-33 hours u cannot drink so UTI is common, like me if i dont hydrate myself and dont drink water for only 1 day i will get UTI too

I've had UTIs quite a few times but not surgery related. It is not a serious medical issueif you can spot the symptoms immediately and take antibiotics + AZO. However, if you wait too long, I hear that it can spread to your kidneys.

As for the deviated septum question, I never knew I had one until Dr Lee showed me. My breathing is much better now. The air is much clearer going in my nose that sometimes it hurts to have so much air in my lungs lol.

Some of you guys are getting a little ridic with the speculation about VIP. The more fuel you add the fire, the more famous they become. Even with this gossip about Joanne being Dr Lee's wife (who cares?)

And seriously? Telling forumers who want to support each other to start a new thread just because some people feel left out? So its ok to have free sharing of information and opinions, but only the information that "you" want to see? There's already talk from other TPF members who want to shut the asian nose job threads down because they feel there are too many surgery threads on here. Let's not try to rule this thread and tell people what they should do. I'm a genuinely happy patient but I don't feel comfortable sharing my progress anymore lest I be accused of being paid for posting.

Also, for those of you who think there are fake posters on here, I find it equally as suspicious that some posters pop up just to discredit VIP. Like that one guy who recently created an account to "translate" a bad review about VIP from Naver, and then when another forumer asked him to help her find some good clinics, he was basically saying "ohn, I'm too lazy... Just find a Korean friend with a Korean SSN who can log in and translate". So why was he here if he doesn't care about rhinoplasty or helping out future patients? Why not help out by naming a few recommended clinics from Naver? Sounds like a paid forumer from a competing clinic. Think about it. These accusations against VIP are getting out of hand. Don't use rib unless its your last resort. Know the risks. Don't trust anyone but yourself and use common sense.

You are so brave to come onto the show and be so open about your surgery. When I was watching the show, I found it hard not to want to give some of the audience members a piece of my mind. Congrats girl, you look beautiful!

Oh it's Heidi from the show! :biggrin: Hey nice to meet you. Your links are not working. Can you post them again? And don't feel bad... youtubers are never nice, a lot of them go on there just to make mean and trollish comments.

I actually thought the audience on the show were pretty respectful, except for one or two people. Also thought that the talk show host was a unbiased and respectful person, unlike some of the talk show hosts in america that had featured asian cosmetic surgery patients on their shows. Tyra Banks and Montel Williams comes to mind...Montel wasn't that bad but I really hate Tyra Banks, I remember watching a clip of a korean girl who had her eyes done on her show and she tried to rip her to shreds and didn't let her defend herself. Frigging evil woman!! Also the audience was participating in the condemnation, by clapping for things Tyra was saying. :/
This thread is not for the social/cultural reasons behind why asians get nose job so I'll keep those opinions to myself. I don't want to go off topic. But I'll just say that there's a lot of hypocrisy in the minds of people who have a problem with asian cosmetic surgery.

6 INCH scar?? Are you sure about that? :/

Please share more info about this Doctor. What's his website and what kind of materials does he use?

I remember seeing something about Asian surgeries on Tyra... I don't know why people are surprised that a certain "race" would do plastic surgery too... it's for the same reason as any other type of people. Tyra's not all that squeaky clean anyhow when it comes to being superficial.