BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

to be honest, the woman in that pic has a nicer tip than i do. it looks to me like ~20%-30% of the ear cartilage in my tip has reabsorbed, making it look less sharp and giving it a downward rotation. i'm starting to wish i got only rib cartilage in my tip

a few years ago, i was actually planning on going to dr toriumi
but i didn't go because there were a lot of bad reviews.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'm not a doctor or anything, but i'll do my best to help :smile:

i did have a large degree of asymmetry due to uneven swelling. so that may be the case for you as well.

you had an osteotomy, correct? that means it may be possible to move the bones, since they were cut. but idk if it is advisable to do so. ideally, when the surgeon performed the surgery, they would have been aligned perfectly. you should ask the surgeon about whether he aligned the bones correctly or not and whether you should push on it or not.

the massaging probably won't do much more than reduce the swelling. but it might be possible to move your nasal bones if they haven't fused yet.
here is more info:
http://www.realself.com/question/when-osteotomy-narrow-nasal-bonescould-the-bones-shift-back-and-move-when-the
you can also find more info using the keywords "nose osteotomy shift"

i think most ppl here have nasal augmentation (which does not often require osteotomy) rather than reduction, which is why you don't hear much about shifting nasal bones.

I found this forum after searching for good rhinoplasty surgeon in nyc and its really made me consider going to korea. Seems like their way cheaper and more attuned to asian aesthetics. I called Dr Rizk's office for a consult that costs $300 and they earliest appt available was March and earliests surgery would be April which is way too long for me to wait to just see if I want to use him on top of being expensive and not specializing in Asian noses. Anyone in NYC in same boat?? Or have recommendations for NYC, I did book consult with Jon Turk because he seems really experienced but he doesn't have any good photos and he's going to cost at 8.5k.

Hi there. I am 3 wks post op. The incision has closed up. I just used a ruler to measure its length. It's about 3 1/2 inches long and sits right inside the butt cheeks. I have a silicone scar patch over it to help it heal nicer. You don't want to sit on your sutures the first 2 wks. It can bust open and I'm realizing the gap can also widen giving you a bigger scar. I've sat on one side of my cheek then hopped to the other. The first 2 wks takes some effort to consciously do this. After that, it's fine. I sleep and sit fine, of course I'm still being careful though.

The scar is not apparent in my bikini. Even if I'm nude it's fine unless someone comes over to open your cheeks.
Over time, it can look like cellulite.. if I take care of it.

I will wait a few more wks before posting my b&a. The reason being b/c my nose is still in transition. It's trying to settle down. You'd get a better idea if I wait a bit longer.

I've asked Mrs.Park for some photos from her clinic so I can share them with you. I will post once I hear from her.

If you have Asian features, I strongly advise you to go to Korea. The trip can be a hassle but you are getting the best. They do Asian faces and know it like the back of your palm. They've got the expertise to back it up. Ask for photos, they probably have thousands. Take it from someone whose got her face botched once before in the states.

Just sharing what my doc told me...
My doc told me NOT to massage or touch my nose after surgery. Instead, I was given cold compression packs. I was instructed to house my nose with it without putting any pressure on my nose. I can gently place it on the tip though. This de-swelled it and kept my tissue fresh lol. Doesn't it hurt to massage it and how about the splint on your nose? I guess, it's different depending upon the material.

well based on the material used which was rib, i dont think its so uncommon for someone to get results like this. unlike surgeons in the states the ones in korea actually know what their doing and how to give someone a nose that flatters them. i've seen similar dramatic results like these on several websites for korean clinics.

based on what the patient wants and asks for (material used and technique) and obviously skill of the surgeon will determine whether the results will come out as good as this one has. if i didn't think that results like this were possible to achieve with plastic surgeons in korea, i would so not be going. just my 2 cents.

also I was referring to this picture, not the one u posted above: http://deantoriumireviews.com/patient_testimonials_5.asp

Use of rib cartilage does produce pretty nice results. But is there anyone here who has actually gone through with this method?

All I hear is people saying they're gonna do it, but did you guys even see the the actual procedure on how they extract it? It's a major and invasive surgery, so many things could go wrong.

Anybody used nasal septal + ear cartilage for their rhinoplasty instead? Though I don't think it will augment the nose bridge as much as the other options, but it still seems to be the safest.

if you get silicone or goretex on the bridge, with and septal and/or ear cartilage on the tip, you can safely get closer to 4mm.

Just an FYI: we have a lot of successful "rib stackers" in this forum. This thread has seen a lot of people for the past half decade (and then some) looking to enhance their noses. Be optimistic and not always fearful of the worst - take the time to choose out your surgeon and have faith/trust in their skills. Any type of surgery is considered major (with room for error) and has both it's pros and cons. If you don't feel comfortable with your PS, then you're not ready to have the procedure done or you've chosen the wrong doctor.

I, myself started researching my procedure since early 2005. And finally, 2012 brings change for me. (:

Thanx for the updated Nenepatio , i would love to see the clinics pics of before and after

Wow 3 1/2 inch is pretty deep , i just hope my butt doesn't gett any flatter . LOL :lolots:

I'm just trying to take a realistic approach to this. I am well aware that having nose surgery itself is a big procedure and things can go wrong with that alone but I was just expressing my concern with the rib cartilage method. I've read that there are possible risks of damage to the lungs and surrounding tissues. Yes, a good doctor and trust is needed but in case there are complications (because good doctors do make mistakes sometimes), you've got not only problems with your nose area to deal with, but also your body. I simply curious whether others have gone through with it and can tell us how it went, which could prove me otherwise.

Do you have any recommendations on places with skilled doctors to perform this surgery? And do you mind sharing your experience with this procedure?

there have been many people who have posted about it over the last few years. they aren't all gonna come back on a forum that they stopped posting on years ago just to tell you how it went. read the entire thread and you can find the posts for yourself :P