BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Yeah, I heard Banobagi does a lot of advertisings. I saw many Chinese in their clinic last time I was there (the one in Yeoksam). :smile:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, indeed... During my consultation with Grand and Wonjin they also mentioned if I pay in cash I will be able to avoid 10% tax as well...

Well, I have a problem with my nose lately. There is a visible bump shown on the right nose of my nose bridge (the part where I had osteotomied). I emailed my nose doctor and asked, he replied pretty quick and said just wait a several months, if that bump does not go away then I might need a simple revision...

I'm praying everyday for that bump to go away...I don't want to sit on the airplane for 15 hours again just to go there to fix my nose, got a real bad airsickness last time....:sad:

Sorry to hear about your primary Rhinoplasty. I heard for the first 3 - 6 months after the surgery your nose changes very much. Hope you will be 100% completely happy with the revision.
I will cross my fingers for you... (^_^)

Hey thanks... I recommend you to stay somewhere around the Huyndai department store area in Apgujeong. There is a quite popular shopping street with a few restaurants there, convenience though (if you like shopping).

Last time I stayed in Yeoksam (close to Banobagi) and it took me 30 mins (door to door) with the subway to go to the clinic in Apgujeong everyday. But I enjoyed Yeoksam very much because there are plenty of restaurants and good foods around that area. Opposite side to the hotel I stayed there is a very nice & cheap BBQ restaurant. So, for the first few days after the surgery I was keep eating there... With a super swollen face and a mask with sunglass (like a retard bank robber) I didn't want to go far away to get a good meal.

Hey,
I'm totally down to meet anyone! So hit me up when you know your dates :smile:

Hmmm... I've already booked my lodging... :/
It's okay. Going around in public with a mask.. doesn't bother me!

i'm will be there on the 8th and leaving on the 24th.. i'm from singapore. how about u?

Coolios. I'm from the states...
I'll be meeting bobbycat and eightbelow when I get to Seoul on the 13th... I'll be leaving on the 24th as well :smile:

Wadup PFers!!

I was wondering, has anyone here ever had eye and nose surgery done together and also wears glasses?! I am a glasses wearer and was contemplating rhino with a few eye surgeries, prob inner and outer and love band... But was wondering what I'd do about glasses?
I know aftet eye surgery im not allowed to wear contacts and after rhino i cant wear glasses... So what would i do?! Is there any solutions?!

I am still in contemplation mode atm. Had a few suggestions from Shane and hKP and want loads done haha but wanna still look like me so will prob only end up with 1 or 2 major surgeries with a few minor ones like fillers etc...
Def want rhino though. Cant wait to get it done though

Going in March or April of next year - anyone else getting surgery around this time??

^_^ thanks

@ sesamekiss,
about wearing glasses after surgeries, i think you can still wear them if you keep them off the bridge of your nose by taping them to your forehead? the part in between the two lenses, use tape to hold it off your nose by taping to your forehead? that way at least you can see while healing (watch tv, etc., lol)! hope this helps :smile:.

you must be so excited!!!

Haha taped to my head :P not sure how that would look walking around seoul :P
But be good if i could do that.. just get a fringe and thatd cover the tape hahaha

Aahh why couldnt I have 20/20 vision :sad: lol

Yeah really excited but nervous.. Scared i wont have enough saved by March/April but fingers crossed :biggrin:

Yes Jekki I'll also be there from the 13th Sept and my surgery on the 14th, so it'll be nice to all get together. Anyone else definitely gonna be there during that time, email me at: [email protected]

I'm just going to wait until I do all the consultations and decide there and then which clinic to go for. My main concern is that the surgeons have recommended to use silicone for my nose and septal cartilage for my tip, but I'm reluctant to use silcone and I'm going to ask them why they can't use cartilage (diced cartilage wrapped in fascia) instead of silicone... Is it because it's more expensive and takes more skill than placing silicone in?

Actually, I was really big on getting no implant (still am), and in all of the consultations where I asked if my septal cartilage can be used, I was told that there's simply not enough. For asians, not only is septal cartilage smaller than caucasians, but asians need higher bridge augmentation... When I asked why ear cartilage cannot be used, I think my question was brushed off... I don't remember ever receiving a direct answer. But I think what HKPhooey said on the other thread is correct. soft cartilage like septal/ear cartilage has a high chance of reabsorption, especially at the nose bridge due to the pressure.. I hope this helps :smile:

If you're not dissatisfied with the height of your nose, most surgeons are willing to forgo the implant. That's what i'm planning on doing :smile:

buy wire frame glasses. they are really light and won't cause any damage. ask a surgeon to double check whether its okay though

It's funny you mention that as I was saying the same thing to surgeons, about why they're not able to use ear cartilage if there isn't enough septal cartilage (in fact I assumed they would use ear as I didn't think there would be enough septal!) Maybe it's something they prefer not doing (I heard silicone is cheaper and a much easier operation...?) which is why they haven't answered.

Yes, I've also been told that cartilage has a high chance of reabsorbtion.. But there are also risks with silicone, such as extrusion.. I've read a lot of doctors opinions and most stay away from silicone purely because of that, and they prefer to use the patient's own cartilage. Having said that, these are all opinions from Western doctors and not Asian doctors, so its seems there is a conflict in theories.

Were the side effects of silicone the major factor to put you off using them?

If the doctors can forgo using silicone, that is good, but what if they don't give you the desire shape that you asked for. I'm concerned that they insist that they must use silicone in order to give me the shape and size and nose that I've asked for.