BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hi Lexethan,

Yes, you are correct, but I won't use my own rib, because I don't want another incision or scar on my body. Furthermore, I'm an athlete, and it might affect how I perform when I do sports. I've played sports my whole life, and I don't want to heighten the risk of shattered ribs, just because for cosmetic reasons, I had a 3 inch piece of rib taken out. And by sports, I mean basketball, swimming, martial arts, weight lifting, tennis, cardio exercises, etc. I'm very active, so it's important I keep the core of my body intact, otherwise, the repercussions may be insurmountable. With all this said, I'd like to give cadaver rib a try, or better yet, something that will make my nose look natural on my face. Again, make sure your MD understands that you want a natural look and not something that would attract unwanted negative attention.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the 2nd pic, your nose may look a little big for the face but the shape is really nice. It matches your face. It may look even better with paranasal implants so your upper lip doesn't look like it's protruding out. I'd leave it as is if I were you though. How has other guys react when they saw you after the rhino? Can people who don't know you notice it?

It depends on who we're talking about. Of course most of my friends and family know that I've had a nose job, and most of them have no problems with it, but some think it's unnecessary or superficial. Not everyone does it for vanity or pretentious reasons. Every individual's mentality is different, so there's no way of pleasing everyone. Not like I did it for them anyway, so they can eat crow... :roflmfao:

And yes, strangers and random ppl in public, generally can tell that I've had work done, and that's why I want to get a revision. This way I keep this aspect of my life private, and I have control of who knows about it. Again, male celebrities who have undergone aesthetic transformations have a whole crew of make up artists behind the scenes making them look perfect, so we can't see their imperfections, let alone facial alterations. You do not want to look like Michael Jackson! Because even make up couldn't hide his terrible nose job procedures.

There's nothing a big black umbrella can't hide. If that fails, get a personal body guard to hold the big black umbrella. If that fails, slap on a plastic nose piece, bleach your skin, and make up will do. LOL.

In all seriousness, a perfect looking nose on anyone will be questioned not to mention on an Asian. But yeah if you get a ton of people pointing it out/second guessing then it's probably not the right fit. So you're thinking about cadaveric/donor ribs? That's cool. Let me know where you're getting it done and how much it'll cost you. That's a good alternative but I've afraid of resorption and the possibility of the owner crossing the 7 seas asking for it back. LOL. Just kidding, or am I? Hmmm....

hello :smile: you can private message me now:smile:

Hi Nosejob,
You stated valuable point as in rib cartilage harvest may affect sports performance. I've also thought of this question before thats why i checked with the consultant from korea's platic surgery clinic but they mentioned that it will not cause any affect only physical training be affected for a few months. May i ask which medical article or reference did you obtain the idea?
As for your decision to use cadaver rib they pose certain amount of risk for "infection and transmission of infectious disease" so you may want to reconsider your option. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/881443-overview#a0103
May i also ask where had you done your rhinoplasty?

Good day! Frankly, I'm not an MD, so I can't give you an answer on that. I'd take their word over mine. With that said, I pray to God that when someone accidentally hits you during extreme sports it won't affect your body in the slightest way. I mean, think about it, you'll have a gap between your ribs and that's very injury prone in my honest opinion. But again, I wouldn't know for sure. If you'd like to know more, please PM me. Thanks. Have a good one.

aww, thanks faithfully that was really helpful and informative!

Chao Pham
I am vietnamese too :biggrin:
Doctor Suh will be in HCM City from 4-9 Nov, I' like to take NJ at this time
tomorrow I will see Vn's doctor who Doctor Suh partner here in HCM and let see what next

Hello everyone! Have been gone for a bit from this forum here, looks like it's developing into another great thread!

For those of you interested, I am having my rhinoplasty exactly a week away from now (omg!!!:nuts:) However I am still undecisive about what method of rib grafting I will be using for my bridge. I have the options of using whole rib grafts OR diced wrapped rib cartilage. Have any of you undergone the wrapped diced method? For those of you whole have undergone rib rhinoplasties, how many mm's did you augment your nose?

Of course both has its concerns, warping down the road for the whole rib grafts and reabsorption concerns for the diced wrapped cartilage. I would love ANY input and info from you gals (and guys!)! I can't believe it's so close to my surgery and here I am....:sweatdrop:

which clinic will u be going , Schonheit.. ?

Hi everyone! Have just finished skimming through the thread and wanted to share my situation too. I am also researching Korean clinics at the moment as I plan on going sometime next year for rhinoplasty but won't be deciding which until I have face to face consultations. I have experience at banobagi clinic having had eyelid surgery July 2011.
I have had nose filler in April 2010 in UK and told it would last upto 12 months but now after 2 years but I still feel a little in the nose bridge, my question is have any of you guys had nose filler prior to rhinoplasty? What are the complications, if any? Also feel slight sinus pain...
Thanks x

So I've had a few people email/Pm me about my experience with diced cartilage wrapped in fascia at VIP recently. I've had my first rhinoplasty done last year in march was decided to use this method because my original bridge is already high and was told my using my autologous tissue will be better and safer for me...plus using rib is to drastic. 3 months after the procedure I've developed a pretty huge bump on my right side and have indented grooves along the sides of my nose. I went and email Joann my concern (i live in Korea) and also point it out to Dr.Lee. They said to wait and come back at my 6 months post op since if I were to get a revision I had to wait until then. I've counted every day until my 6 months because I was so ashamed of my ugly nose and had to wear a hat every day since my bumps and grooves showed after the swelling subsided. So 6 month came around and I went back, I was so upset with Joann for having the audacity to tell me that I had to expect some unevenness using diced and wrap because I cannot expect the surface to be smooth like silicon. I told her I understand but it does not give my reasons to have indented grooves along the sides and the bump. So I went and talk to dr. Lee and he agreed that the bump needs to be removed but the sides he kinda brushed it aside. Either way, I had no choice but to wait a year since I was pregnant and had to wait till I had my baby to get any type of revision. I was told that the revision will be FOC since it was "their" fault. I made sure I kept all emails between the clinic and I for future reference.

A few months ago I called and scheduled my appointment. Chloe gave me a date and said I will have a consultation before my surgery. I wanted to make sure that they are still honoring their words of it being FOC, and surely they did. I took the 2-3 hour train ride there ..when I got there they took me across the street to get blood work done. Then I was whisk in the recovery room. This was the private room...last time I was there I was in the semi-private room, the room with a bathroom. Anyways, they prepped me....shaved my nose hair and I got dressed and put my things away. They said Dr.Lee was behind but I was ok with it and I spent the next hour or so on my iPad. Dr. Lee came in and asked what I wanted...I showed him the bump and the grooves. He acted like he didn't feel nor see the indented grooves. I pulled Chloe's hand and I placed them on the missing part and even she felt it and thus explained it to Dr.Lee in Korean. I think he was offended because he is trying to play dumb (don't know why). So he left after I saw him for a few mins. I went to the surgery room and had pictures taken and they prepped me (argh I was stabbed 7 times)...the IV was finally in and everything was ready to go. I asked the nurse if I was able to see Dr.Lee again because I didn't feel comfortable that he knew whAt I wanted fixed. Dr. Lee and Chloe came and asked me again what I wanted. I said I wanted to take the bump down (it was so big he agreed) and get the sides fix. He kept on telling me "it's ok" "it's ok" umm..no it's not ok. I grabbed both his hands and run it along the sides of the nose and like a champion he cannot deny that it was in fact indented. I even pulled Chloe's hand and did it after his. I was sick of him pretending not to understand what I wanted done. So they talked in Korean for a few mins and FINALLLLLLLLY dr. lee admitted to me that the first time when I had it done he ran out of my cartilage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thus..there are missing grooves along the sides. I felt really good (and pissed) at that point because I knew I wasn't insane...then I was like ok I just want it fixed. So the ****ty part is that he said I needed to remove everything and do silicon. I am not a doctor...so I was like umm...can you just harvest more cartilage and just fill in the sides? He said no cause supposedly what I have on my nose already is "one piece" and he couldn't add onto it. I was really disappointed cause I didn't know what to believe, I still kept my stance and didn't want to do silicon. BECAUSE, I paid a **** load more money to use my autologous tissue and I wanted the "benefits" of not having any types of infection from silicon. Dr. Le was getting very frustrated...I was slowly loosing my stance too since my body was already strapped down and prepared for surgery. Then, Chloe mentioned fillers. At this point I kind of gave up cause I knew I didn't want to remove what I had and do silicon and I also didn't want to just leave the grooves...but I had no ore choice according to Dr. lee. I felt cornered and was out of option so I opted for fillers. I asked if it was permanent and she said no, it lasted about a year then gets absorb. I just agreed it that :sad:. So....after surgery they wheeled me into the recovery room. I don't know how long I was out but the Chinese receptionist came in and told me if I could get up then I could go home. I was like what?? I can't stay the night to recovery (considering it was now in the evening and I was drugged up, plus I didn't make plans for anyone to pick me up). She said I couldn't stay there cause they were going to expect someone in the morning...I said can't I stay just until the morning since I knew I had to get my bandage changed and looked out. She said no. So....after my surgery drugged and looked like a mess I had to drag myself to the train and took the 2.5 HR train ride home. I can honestly say I only went back 2-3 times for bandage change. I was so sick of how I was treated..both times I waited about an hour just to have dr. Lee change my bandage. I told myself **** IT, since then I stopped going back for any post opt care nor have I been in contact with them.

so...you guys want to know how the results are? I admit the bump does look better but my grooves are still there and easily seen. I think he added fillers more to my radix area. I am just so disappointed with them and had such a horrible experience. Luckily I live here in Korea so I did not pay the 1500-2500$ plane ticket over or else I'll definitely raise hell.

So..at least he finally admitted to me that he ran out of cartilage an stop pretending like there was he didn't know what the missing grooves are. I regret ever getting my nose done and I regret dealing with VIP. I know some people who had rib there love their results. Maybe it's just me...maybe I am the oddball. I just wanted to share my experiences after a few people try contacting me.

Annie