BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Jayy, are you female or male?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at Angelababys nose Timeline...Seems like every 6 months its altering slightly. Is she changing it back to a less high bridge? or is this still swelling still coming down? Do you guys know if silicon/goretex/rib/or ?

Hi april_may,

Can you share how long do you need to recover before heading for revision rhino? Had mine primary rhino done and removed few months back, pretty similar case to yours. :sad:

I am thinking of heading to Korea perhaps can you share some pointers for me.

wow very excited for you!!! :smile: from what i understand one of his nurses decided
to get a rhinoplasty with him and she ended up looking great. her photos are on his website. tht would be rlly cool if you ended up seeing her in the clinic, good luck and keep us all posted.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the costs (estimate) for forehead fat graft in korea?

Also, how long does it take for recovery to go on a plane?

Ive heard fat grafting sometimes leaves lumps on the forhead..could someone tell me their experience?

Thank you!

Some sources for rib grafting:

Location of rib cartilage being grafted:
http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/costal-cartilage-grafting.html

Outcomes Following Rhinoplasty Using Autologous Costal Cartilage (South Korean study):
http://archfaci.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1158577

Video of carving the cartilage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17eoFNN_KFM

Explanation about harvesting rib graft and warping (informative):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYjUZlOH2Y

Well, this goes to prove that nose jobs have the highest revision rate out of all the plastic surgeries. And while u're theoretically correct on PS not being the solution for eslf-esteem issues (it's more of a psychological/self-acceptance problem that will only be "covered up" and not resolved through PS), it can help by stimulating change and self-confidence. Depression is linked to some outcomes, but then again, that only happens to those who aren't 100% sure of undergoing surgery in the first place.

Interesting study! Especially the conclusion.

"The use of autologous costal cartilage in rhinoplasty was found to be associated with a relatively high complication rate and relatively poor aesthetic outcomes."

This just shows that there aren't probably that many surgeons who are skilled enough in grafting costal cartilages. Although going natural is technically the safest compared to using foreign substances such as silicone and goretex, especially if it's an autograft, it is has the most risks. A pneumothorax is a life threatening risk. If there is another alternative, then choose the safest option. As long as you're not allergic to silicon, then it still is the "safest" to use.

What do you guys think of the results here?

[​IMG]

It's done by a doctor in Vietnam for roughly $3000-$4000 dollars.

I have a similar nose structure to him and was considering going to this doctor at their private clinic. But since it's in Vietnam I'm a little concerned about the equipment and level of sanitation.

I think that was an isolated study. If you check out the other links I posted, methods are now used to prevent complications such as warping. The same conclusion can be said about just any material. Rib graft is definitely the safest, but the major factor is finding a doctor who has enough experience with rib and has dealt with the complications enough to foresee and establish preventative measures.

I've had pneumothorax before and it is not as life threatening as you may think it is if you access to treatment, which should be any industrialised country. Pneumothorax is still by and large a small risk when harvesting rib cartilage. Just like walking down the street has a risk of being hit by a car, doesn't mean you shouldn't ever walk the streets.

Few things to say. I wouldn't get any surgery done in Vietnam. $3-4k is really steep for rhinoplasty done there. If you have that kind of dough, go to South Korea.

And more importantly other than the results is what methods were used and what implant was used. It looks like just an L-shape silicon implant was stuck in there, no alar and tip work done. It might look good (too early to tell) but I wouldn't touch an L-shape implant with a 10-foot pole. Pretty sure Vietnam still has silicon fever.

The Doctor has gone to South Korea to do training with a surgeon from JW, he has glasses, and pepper coloured hair. I'm sure he's quite well known and you might know him.

And yes, most of Vietnam use silicon. However, he uses our own rib/ear cartiledge which he calls "S-line." And that's why it's $3-4000.

And also because of the price, I'm hesitant. I'm also considering going to Bumrungrad in Bangkok which will cost toughly $6000.

I don't have the money, to go to South Korea. I've read it's $10,000 for rib.

But in the photo, the guy had previously done silicon with another doctor and so went to Dr Dung for corrections. So actually, there's no rib or anything. Just correction to tip.
As for the alar, I think it's to keep it natural looking,, and perhaps he lacks the skills?

What kind of rhino you want?

I've consulted with Bumrungrad and it was nowhere near $6000. Yoskarn Clinic is $5800US with L-shape silicon. That's the most expensive I've seen in Thailand. Dr Somyos at Yoskarn does good work though, but the use of L-shape silicon irks me. It's so ancient.

$10,000+ US for rib is at VIP and I think O&Young. There are other clinics that do rib for much less that don't have the same publicity and marketing. Just got to find them.

As for the picture, it's actually hard to tell because it's swollen, and you've only given us the side view. So without the front view you can't tell if he needed alar or not. Alar is fairly simple to do, the surgeon just slices a section of the alar base, then stitches the edges together, so probably not due to lack of skill. And unless he had a flat and bulbous nose, which doesn't look like it, I doubt fat was cut away.

Is this a buddy of yours? And is the clinic you're talking about that one that boasts about Korean/Vietnam partnership? I think it's this one: http://nangmui.vn/news/263d/korean-rhinoplasty.html

Edit: this what you're talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GUBneiBv8

I'm talking about tip plasty to build the tip, as well as slight augmentation of the bridge. Dr Somboon said the price charged is Rhino 2.1 Open Rhinoplasty including General Anaesthesia. If you're talking about doing it under Local, it's 70,000 baht. Or Gortex, then it's roughly 20,000 baht. But in my case, it'll be roughly 200,000 Baht.

Silicon irks me too. So definitely not someone I'll be seeing.

And nope, he had a bulbous nose.

And the second link is correct. And yes he looked like the guy I'm talking about.