BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

faceline is faceline. apgujeong is an area in seoul. sometimes you also hear apgujeong, i think it refers to either ID or samsung in apgujeong, i don't remember. ID owns another clinic called clinic9, it has some other names too, apgujeong something I think? anyway anything owned by ID is bad.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear that :sad: you can try contacting the Korean consumer protection agency (or complaints agency, i'm not sure what it's called) but even if you get a positive decision in your favor the doctor probably still won't pay so you'd have to sue him and for that I think you need to be in Korea. it's not every doctor in Korea but this doctor is known to be dishonest. I hope you get your nose fixed, it's always so sad to read something like this :/

This is the first time I read about the result being aesthetically successful. I always thought your botched implant looked bad. i understand you had to remove it no matter what if it was causing discomfort and that was a smart thing to do (the discomfort might also be a sign that it was damaging your muscles or something). but i'm surprised to hear that they did something that careless and it still looked good. thank you for all your posts here, i've learned a lot about nosejobs from you. i feel like i now know what to ask when i consult a surgeon about a nosejob. i have some questions if you don't mind: is there any way to know if a surgeon uses ultra soft silicone other than asking in person? does any surgeon advertise it on their website? which surgeons in korea use ultrasoft silicone? do you know how to say it in korean? is there a way to know if your skin is too thin for silicone? mrsKing is afraid her skin might be too thin and she's Chinese so apparently it's not about being Asian or not, so how can you know? on the bony part of my nose my skin feels thin (to me) but at other places it feels thick but i don't know if that's skin or skin+other tissue. can you measure it somehow if your skin is thick enough for silicone or not? is everyone's skin thick enough for ultrasoft silicone? is it just normal silicone that is a concern? is there "soft" and "ultrasoft" or only "ultrasoft"?

lol so many questions.

1) u have to ask in person what type of implant the surgeon is going to use. Its like the first question you should ask actually when discussing nose job methods

2) some surgeons advertise it tho none of the ones i consulted with.

3) a good number of clinics use ultra soft silicone from what other forum members have saifd. But from the ones i consulted only Dream does it

4) no need to say it in korea. Majority of surgeons will know what it is called in english. Most surgeons also speak proficient english.

5) you should be able to assess it yourself. MrsKing showed me her nose and i took one look at it and could tell her skin is thinner than most asians. Its very obvious. Having a thinner nose isn't necessarily a bad thing either. In fact, a thinner nose + ultra soft silicone yields better results because you get a more defined shape. But a thinner nose you should avoid using any hard implants. From what you are describing i don't think the skin on your nose is thin at all. Im not sure but i think u are south east asian? Most southeast asian chinese have thicker skin.

6) No there is no way to measure empirically. Its just a matter of assessing it. If i am able to tell then a surgeon will certainly be able to tell the difference too between thicker and thinner skin tissue

7) I dont know if everyone thick is thick enough. All i know is that mine is very very thin at the moment due to damage from the cartilage. So mine is an abnormal condition. I am using the ultra soft silicone because it not only is it soft like a sponge (i felt it during my consultation), its more so the placement method that i feel secure with. When placed under the muscle, the muscle acts as a layer of protection. However, i told Dr Park that if for whatever reason my muscle is damaged from previous surgeries or he feels my skin is still too weak to handle the ultra soft silicome, we will move into our plan B which is using auto dermis. so it will be a matter of assessing the situation once he opens me up as he won't know until he does.

haha i'm so sorry i didn't mean to inconvenience you! thank you for your detailed answers :smile: i will send you a pm so we can talk more :smile: from what you write ultra soft silicone seems like a better option so i will look for a surgeon who does that. it makes sense, a nose isn't supposed to be that hard so anything hard is maybe not the best option (but if it comes under the muscle then it would still be soft if you can only feel the muscle on top? i really don't know how it works) haha sorry i really don't know enough about nosejobs, i will send you a pm now :smile:

Random question about B&A photos, but does anyone know how soon the 'after' photo is taken following the surgery? I was reading this blogger's rhinoplasty diary with photos. I noticed that a week after surgery her front profile seemed to have only a small change (sorta like the 'after' pictures I saw on clinics' websites; I ended up being unimpressed with a lot of clinics' results despite good reviews) but months later, her front profile looks as defined as the side!

Here is the blog post I am referring to:
http://bongqiuqiu.blogspot.sg/2013/05/great-fantastic-results-nose-job-fat.html#.U0S2LPldXCd

usually in clinics their before and after can range from 2 weeks apart to months apart. If the surgeon thinks he did an extraordinary job on ure surgery he may request asking you to come back in for a follow up a few months down the track for photos. It really depends. Also swelling with noses takes a bit longer to subside than other areas. Generally by 6 months 75% will b bone but by a year will definition start to take shape.

But anyways don't place much emphasis on before and after pictures. Its highly inaccurate of what a surgeon is really capable of doing.

Hey everyone, I'm completely new to this forum!

I've wanted a nose job for years and years now and I've finally decided to do it this year. I was thinking of going to Seoul end of Aug/Sept as I heard that it isn't as busy then. Is anyone else going around that time?

I think I want an I shaped silicone on my bridge and septal cartilage on the tip. I kind of went nuts with the emailing and emailed:

Banobagi
ID
Grand
Shimmian
Regen
Cinderella
Teium
Item
Wonjin
Jw
Dream
TLPS

All the consultants that have emailed me back have told me that I need alar base reduction. Thing is.. I don't think I need it as my face is quite wide and it would just look weird if I had a really thin nose.

Does anyone know much about Banobagi? I also need Ptosis correction so is there any clinic that has good surgeons for both Ptosis & Rhinoplasty?

Thanks everyone!

you seem to have showed up on the forum all of a sudden and made several similar short posts on different threads in the past few mins asking about o & young..............

you must be very interested in o & young...

Hey K Couture,

I want to find out more info about o&young as I will be traveling there in May... another friend of mine recommended VIP as well... Just want to know more info before i made a decision ^.^

Oh god, this whole nose job research is complicated.. Every time I think I've found a good place, I eventually find something bad about the clinic and have to reconsider. Thanks K Couture for info about Aone.

I think so far, the only place that I have yet to hear any bad reviews on is Banobagi.

Wow, it is a so long thread! There are so many messages. I am new here and do not know how long does it take me to read all these messages, lol.

Does anyone know how to filter these messages?

Search tab>advance search> check on post