BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

don't put a deposit no matter what. I mean this is common sense....How can you put a deposit down at a clinic before you even met the surgeon and gotten other opinions from consultations with different surgeons? Why are you rushing this? Its your face and its not a commodity. Last thing you want is to have to go through a revision surgery because you didn't do proper research. You can't pick a clinic based on what others tell you is good or based on what before and after pictures you see. Its all too inaccurate for various reasons.

After you have your face to face consultations and decide on which surgeon is best for your specific case, If you can get the surgery the next day then great but if u can't then simply reschedule to another time that works. There's no rule to say that you have decide who is going to do your face before you even meet them right?

Also availability depends on the clinic, the surgeon you choose and when you will be going to seoul. Some clincs will just throw you a junior surgeon if the more senior reputable ones are booked up so make sure you know who your surgeon is. A fair gauge is to look up what their speciality is and how high up they are at the clinic's surgeon profile page. Usually tho, clinics will give priority to international patients and attempt to shift local patient to another date to accomodate you if possible. Your best plan of action would be to short list your clinics you wish to consult with, make consultation appointment through BOTH the phone and e-mail and squeeze 3 a day. They are usually mostly in gangnam anyway.

Also if anyone tells you to put a deposit before you even consult and meet them in person, strike them off your list. You do not want to do your surgery at a clinic that operates like that. A patient orientated clinic would never ask for your deposit before you even meet the surgeon. I mean if you have already met the surgeon prior and had a good detailed consultation and you want to book your surgical date then its valid to ask for a deposit. Last thing is if anyone on the forums tell you its ok to put a deposit down your red flags should go up as there is a chance they may be a promoter for a clinic.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand. I'll pick 3 clinics and go from there. Sorry if i annoyed you with a stupid question haha. I wanted to be able to choose a clinic as soon as I can because I will only be staying there for a week and I thought I needed to remove the stitches before I leave. I've decided, if I really do not have enough time I'll just remove my stitches at a local clinic when I fly back. But yeah, thanks anyway.

if u are going to use the closed method (which you should especially since this is your primary rhino) then 4 days to remove the cast. Stitches are dissolvable ones so no need to worry there. If the surgeon you choose suggests an alar reduction then the stitches would be removed 5-7 days post op.

K, why is closed method recommended for primary nose job? I know the scars is hidden but it takes a lot of skills for a surgeon to achieve an exellent results thro closed method... And very few can do that. So far I've talked to a few surgeons who prefers open because they can get it right in most occasion thro open method. What's the potential problems if I do my primary nose job using the open method?

To be specific, the closed method is often used by surgeons who trained in the open method when they perform only a generic bridge augmentation. If that is all they are doing then it is too invasive to warrant open rhino to achieve such a result. But for surgeons who trained in open rhino, doing a tipplasty or deep implant placement for the bridge may be too difficult for them to attempt. For that you will have to go to surgeons who train the closed method.

I disagree that very few can do the closed method. That may be so in Western countries partly because the methodologies used are different. One reason for this is due to the structural differences between caucasian and asian noses too. However in asia, many surgeons are trained in the closed method. If you look through this thread alone (and i know there's many pages lol) you will find different forum members mentioning clinics and surgeons who do the closed method for both tip and bridge.

I dont believe external scarring for the open method is that much of an issue. Our facial skin scars very differently to the body. The external scar from open rhino is not your primary concern. Its the internal scarring. When this occurs, it can cause your nostrils to become lopsided and asymmetrical. Again, in this thread alone you will find forum members who have experienced this with the open method.

Finally, if the open method requires a revision, you are putting your nose through even more trauma. In my case, i had open rhino with cartilage. I have internal scarring from the open rhino and i have protrusion of the cartilage on my bridge. When i consulted with Dr Park i told him i was surprised he suggested closed rhino because the other surgeons i saw suggested open rhino. His response was that since i had an open before, it was not only too invasive, there would be 2 risks:

1) It would lessen the elasticity of my nose even more since ive already had one open rhino. This meant my tip projection might be limited

2) Even if he were to excise some of the internal scarring, another open rhino would likely cause it again.

After I left korea i was back in melbourne and consulted with Bryan Mendelson, the previous president of the ISAPS. I asked him, based on the proposed methodologies, which surgeon would be the most viable. And he said it would be Dr Park as his method was the least invasive option which took into consideration my current condition, the side effects of open rhino and my aesthetic requirements. He also explained the difference between surgeons who practice open rino and those who practice closed so what i explained to you above is pretty much parroted from Mendelson.

Hope that explains it!

K Couture: thank you so much for explaining why closed is better, now i finally get it. :smile: hey, since you had your v-line... do they use dissolvable stitches for the v-line or do you have to get the stitches removed? it would be quite painful to get stitches removed from there only 5-7 days after the surgery...

OMG, good luck EspressoLatte on your trip!

I'm planning a trip in Sept! Maybe we can meet up in korea and share a room. I was thinking migo, banobagi and cinderella.

Hey guys, i just registered today...
i am caucasian but my nose atm looks very Asian ,even shorter than most asian's nose.
i had a great nose but my surgeon messed it up. It's also much wider than it was originally , i suppose because it was shortened so much!!!
I will need rib graft revision rhino...
My question is , when you get the graft, does it help narrow your nose , pushing out the skin and making the alar base and tip narrower automatically?
thanks

I think it really depends on the shape of your nose and thickness/elasticity of your skin. But generally a well placed rib graft will correct a short nose tip and make it more defined/narrow. If the tip is severely short than rib will be the best choice, however if it is only slightly short then ear/septal can be sufficient for the tip, and silicone can be considered for the bridge if you desire a higher bridge. I dont know about alar base, i think you will need a alar reduction to see a noticable result for alar.

thanks for your reply. My skin is thick.

I had a revision already with septal, so no septal left for my second revision... but after an accident i had 12 days post op, my nose is a blob. It actually looked narrow and symmetrical 12 days post op, i have photos and the difference is pretty big.
After the accident my nose became short again (when the swelling went down) and very wide, even wider than after the primary...
could it be because of loose skin after the graft reabsorbed/shifted?

I will need a rib graft for sure.
I wish i was Asian , so i could look into some of the Korean docs, however i doubt they have experience with caucasian noses.