BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up cancelling on the epi. I'm now waiting for my rhino procedure with Dr. Park. I just met Daphne and she's so nice! She made me feel really at ease.

Yeah, it is unfortunate that my case isn't suited for closed. I was hoping for a quicker recovery. I will ask about the nose retainer. Thanks for the tip! :smile:

××

it's easy to book for next day surgery but their schedule might be busy. I booked mine for two days after my consult so I could get a morning appointment.

Bugger, I was thinking about how much more convenient it would be to have it done locally. Especially since I'm not Korean and don't speak it.

I agree. I'm a bit put off with how they charge higher prices for foreigners and I'm worried about being taken advantage of. The idea of travelling around a foreign country alone with limited funds stresses me out.

its kinda to be expected tho. In thailand the price gap is much wider. Back in 2007 i recall the local thais telling me they pay 400 USD for their nose jobs. Whilst foreigners pay around 900-1200. :O

Also in Seoul u will find there's alot of surgeons who are proficient in English. Their education system is much more advanced than ours after all.

K, did your tip drop down more after your surgery? My mom and I had our surgeries yesterday. I'm healing well but my mom's nose looks SUPER upturned. She had closed rhino. Both her nostrils are large, flared and piggy looking. Did you experience this??? Thanks K!

by tip drop down more do you mean did he lengthen my tip? If so then no he didn't.

My nose wasn't upturned and my nostrils were were not large and flared. But overall the right half of my nose was more swollen cos the incision site is thru the right nostril. I also don't swell much on the nose tho cos my skin was already very thin from damage.

U mentioned ure mother's nose is the third revision? What was wrong with it to begin with to warrant 4 surgeries?

Anyways u guys are like freshly post op don't worry yet. Wait till you go for your check up and see what Dr Park says. If u want to kakao me ure mum's nose i may be able to tell what is going on.

K couture, how is the nose? may I ask if u mind sharing before and afters, just asking. Would be a tremendous help. Thank u :smile:.

Cloud bursting, I think I have heard of similar cases, some say it will drop down, so depends on how upturned they r. U mentioned this is her revision, may I know what she didn't like about the first 3? I'm asking this because it is common for nose to contract with silicon implants (L shape mostly, but I think such is true for all silicon, just depends on the degree), so was her nose upturned before the surgery?

I m agreed with Vichy too, may b ur mum nose will become better afterwards, but why she nd to do her nose revision?? And whether Dr Park use donor rib in u and ur mum's cases???

Hi Cloudbusting, How much did you pay for your rhino @ Dream? Including Tipplasty? I think they are over-quoting me...

i don't recommend oz at all. I realize people tend to have their mind set on Oz or have Oz on their short list for the sole reason that Dr Park replies to e-mails fast and in detail. Essentially, better communication than when contacting other clinics. Reason is because Oz is a one man practice so he handles alot of the admin himself. That and he also has a strong command of english. In contrast we tend to get abrupt replies lacking medical detail from other clinics because for the mid range to larger clinics, the consultant is always the ones who handles the e-mails. You should not mistake e-mail communication for skill of surgeon. That is by no means an indicator. I learn that after i visited Oz and was not only disappointed by the lack of medical facilities there, but also by his poor operational practices. In short, he left his patient who was having complications on the operating table in order to give me a consultation. That is something no good surgeon would do. While i am pretty sure the nurse was keeping watch on the patient, a surgeon should still never do that, especially when the surgery has been prolonged due to complications. I would highly advise you to broaden your short list.

I agree with K about her assessment of Dr. Park of Oz clinic. While my friend and I were at the waiting area of his clinic, we could hear someone screaming which we assumed was coming from the operating room since his clinic is not that big and we were the only people in the waiting area plus the receptionist who wasn't even at her desk when we arrived. After about 30 or so minutes, we were ushered to his office where our consultation took place. Yes he speaks English quite fluently but so do other doctors in Korea. His prices are quite competitive but at the end of the day, we decided not to do any surgery there since we felt that there are other more qualified doctors in Korea. I know it is common practice in Korea for doctors to leave patients in the operating room while doing consultations but the patient was screaming for Pete's sake.

i can only assume the patient was undergoing eyelid surgery. Very common for that to occur. You will find tho that the good surgeons would rather make you wait than leave their patients. I went to dream and while ppl tend to complain of long wait time, it also assured me that no surgeon would leave their patient to go for a consultation. Which is what i expect from my surgeon. I would absolutely flip out if they did what Dr Park from Oz did.