BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Many people do eyes nose and chin at the same time with no issues at all. You also don't have to worry about your nose affecting your facial balance. Unless god forbid you end up with a botch job, there's really no such thing as having rhinoplasty that doesn't balance with your features. This is because your features can only be enhanced to a certain degree, as much as your original structure will allow.

2 weeks in Seoul is a good amount of time. Most people usually only require one week just for surgery and post op checkups/stitch removal then they fly home.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! Your posts (as well as other people's) have been a godsend btw. It's been a real effort, reading through all of the Asian Nose Job threads but very insightful and worth the time.

Hey everyone, my friend and I are 3 hours post op (lol). We found that the prices are MUCH more reasonable in person than what they quoted us through email and online. We consulted with a lot of clinics.. 15 in total to be exact.
We even went to clinics that were out of our price range because we just wanted their opinion. Most of the surgeons recommended different things and pointed out different problems so it was interesting to hear what they had to say. This helped us to discuss with the final surgeon what we wanted and what we didn't want/concerns.
For example, I have a short, up-turned nose with a low bridge. I have a high forehead so a lot of the doctors recommended up to 6mm for my bridge. One of the doctors then told me that he will only go up to 4mm (max) but preferably lower. This is because of my short, upturned nose. Because I was getting my tip extended and lowered, the tip will start to lift over time if my bridge is too high. It may have looked amazing shortly after surgery but after a few years I may have ended up with a piggy nose. This is the sort of thing that I wouldn't have considered if I hadn't gone to so many consultations.
Definitely pick your clinic/surgeon once you get here rather than online because it's much more different in person.
We didn't really like the bigger clinics because the doctors were really busy, rushed and didn't listen to us. We thought that they thought they knew what was best.... The 'ideal' nose which is the typical Korean nose. I wanted a surgeon that listens and will do what I want even if he doesn't quite agree (my surgeon wanted to perform osteo on me but I kind of like having a wide bridge since I have a wide face). The clinic we decided on is small and everyone was so nice from the consultants to the reception staff and even the nurses and surgeons. They literally hired a translator just for us a day before our surgery even though some of the staff can speak broken English. I guess they wanted to make sure that the communication was perfect. Good luck and all the best everyone!

peaches , do u mind listing some of the clinics/ doctors that u consulted that made a good impression for rhinoplasty ? I am intrigued that you visited 15 clinics ! you should have accumulate alot of experiences and different opinions . Could u list your top 3 choices ?
Will like to hear from you . And which clinic did u do ur rhino ?

On a side note , did u visit JW PS ? they are one of my choice in getting rhino this sept - oct ..

Hi wrong ps, may I know which clinic hv u go for ur rhino pls? U may kakao me if u do not want to mention in this forum.

I'm going to continue research for the next couple of months, and then I'll most likely be looking at going in early December for 2 weeks, with 2 days allotted to consultations during which I'll also make my decision, while the remaining time is for surgery and aftercare,

But I don't know. It's not concrete yet. It might be better to go for a short trip for consultations and then return at a later date for surgery.

Also, as I slowly make my way up to 10 posts, is there anyone else who is from the UK/London and is also considering surgery in Seoul?

Ah sorry just saw this now^^

hmm I was originally planning to do both at the same place but now there's a clinic I wanna go to for fat graft and skin care 'cause they're results look amazing, and I like their style…but they ONLY do fat and skin stuff and I need to do my nose too…

For nose surgery I need a complicated osteotomy so skill is important.
I need to reduce my nasal bone drastically, remove a bump, and shorten my down-pointed nose etc etc.

If a clinic/surgeon is well known for being good at noses (like I guess most people need implants, so good at those), can I assume that they're skilled at osteotomy as well?

Ooh please share clinic that's good at skincare/fg!!!

I'm not very educated at osteo, as my issue is low bridge (typical Asian flat wide nose). I would think that a skilled rhino surgeon would definitely be able to do osteo though! Anecdotally, my friend got his osteo done at Oz (it's not very popular on with tpf-ers), to remove a hump and put in goretex implant! His nose looks great! I hear recovery was a real pain though..

I really like Fresh's FG results, not even just on their home page but from the B&A pics posted by people on naver (well, I was just looking through the gallery on the Ultimate PS resource thread) but it's that really baby-faced look so it might just be taste
there's like no eng info on them tho

yeah I heard the recovery for osteo sucks too...I'm kinda really afraid of general anesthesia so I wanted to just be sedated and use local but idk if that's a good idea if they're gonna be breaking my bone...