BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Are you afraid of artificial implants? Knowing my luck, the implant would shift or get infected while I'm flying back to the US! haha.

Seriously tho, it's tough making a decision! If you wouldn't mind sharing, what are your pros/cons for each clinic?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for responding. That's so funny...hope Dr. Wang writes back to you!!

Do any of you VIP patients regret your rhinoplasties? Are you happy with the results? Would you please explain why you're either happy or dissatisfied or a bit of both? I'm still trying to get through the 2nd A.N.J. thread, and it seems like many were going to VIP for either primaries or revisions. I'm just curious to see how y'all are doing!

http://www.wangmd.cn/html/eng/nose/2532.html

Quote, We use general anesthesia without intubation. Like a mixture of general and IV sedation.
, Unquote, from dr wang.

GA without intubation? its like gambling. if the airway is compromised due to vomitus and maybe more, it could lead to aspiration into the lungs and thus pulmonary edema.

it seems like dr wang is saving the costs of having an anesthesiologist on standby. in hospitals, an aneshtesiologist does the ETT and they will monitor the patient's vital signs including NIBP, HR, CO2, SpO2, etc, and even ECG for pt with medical Hx.

if the pt develops respiratory compromise, and ETT is indicated suddenly during GA, the pt may go into cardiac arrest if ETT is not administered in a timely fashion! ETT may be more difficult to administer due to pressure of the situation and vomitus.

if theres no anesthesiologist on standby then its a very precarious situation. the greatest mistakes in medicine do not come from GA but they acutally come from ill-administered iv sedation.

dr wang took the time to develop or learn a new technique; his noses look good, and are flexible.
dr lee and dr jung, and even dr kao use a standardized method to create noses with rib. i've compared my surgical report to dr jungs procedure and they are pretty much identical in terms of structure. dr kao most likely uses this same technique. so while he went to a different med school, dr kao uses the same technique as other surgeons to build the nose.

i don't think you realize how arbitrary your selection is

Dr Kao:
Fellowship:

Facial plastic and skull base surgery, at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center in 2003.

Preceptor: Dr. Kris S. Moe

Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego​

why aren't you looking for a surgeon who went to harvard or yale? surely that surgeon would be much better

many ppl have a completely different selection criteria(it doesn't always work out for them either): only go to large, fancy clinics with lots of customers. they wouldn't even consider dr kao because he doesn't even have a real website; he has a yahoo blog that hasn't been maintained for 2 years.

again, your selection criteria is very arbitrary. there isn't any criteria set (at least none where you can reasonably gather the data) that can guarantee good or bad results

It depends. Some do some dont. Dependa on the person!

Who have you been emailing?? Most drs say one week is enough but id prob go for 2 weeks just to be safe. But even in UK they say a after a week its fine.

Do you have some personal vendetta against Dr Wang or something?

Bisous, would you mind sharing your before/after pics with me? I've read many of your previous posts and they've been very helpful; thank you for writing so much! I can't figure out which nose might look best on my face and I'm unfamiliar with Asian celebrities. Perhaps if I send u a pic of my gross face, you can help me find some examples of noses & eyes to show Dr. Lee.

...if you want, of course!!! :P

lol try emailing him again. if u send him a ton of emails hes bound to respond :smile: when i was emailing him my reply's from him took no more than 2 or 3 days

i would have to agree

i doubt anyone here on this forum is jumping the gun. most of us have been on this forum for a year or more researching quite extensilvely and informing ourselves about plastic surgery. there is no harm going in for a consultation is there? no one is ignoring ure advice. we all have to be careful and do lots of research when choosing a clinic ANYWHERE. however i dont think u should make others seem ignorant jus because they choose a doctor for skill and not cuz he/she went to a top university. we all have our own preferences.

i just want everything to be as natural as possible, and not have to worry about implant failure down the line. do people need revisions years later?

banobagi seems very experienced and has good reviews, and they told me they would use cartilage i think. the review from ITEM, that person used silicone but it looked great and the doc seems really good. so stressful deciding! and, my time is limited :sad: