BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hey that would be fun hahaha... I have consulted at Grand with Eunji An (English coordinater) and a quite young doctor but I didn't like it so much because the English coordinater seems to try to sell out too obviously.
I also did my surgeries yesterday: eye (non-incision, epicanthoplasty, ptosis correction), nose (hump reduction, osteotomy, tip plasty) at JW (very close to Grand).
Just got back to the hotel from the clinic after cleaning the wound and having a laser treatment for de-swelling.
By the way, where r u staying? Im staying at Yeoksam. I'm going to JW to see the doctor again tomorrow, may be we can meet if u r going to Grand as well?
P.M me!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cherrykiss: Oh by the way, how come you have pain? I cut a part of my bone away and still feeling no pain at all after the surgery, even my eyes are totally no pain...
Just a little bit uncomfortable with my nose because I have to breath through my mouth, couldn't sleep the whole night almost.

I have to say they provide a wonderful service at JW and the doctor seems to know what he was doing. After my surgery yesterday my Rhinoplasty surgeron (dr. Man Koon Suh) said my case was successful...and I think so too..

Yea you feel nothing during surgery. Eye's on the other hand... ouch :P the things we do for beauty...

I have a very low tolerance for pain lol... but painful cuz they had my nostrils stuffed for the first night. My eye corners hurt but even when I did my double eyelid surgery awhile back, I felt it during operation :P Nothing unbearable, just sore-ish.

I had my eyelids done by him... :sad: don't really recommend him, my line isn't how I wanted and he's very controlling, telling you what you should do instead of what you want to do. The consultation I had with him was rushed. At that time I was naive and I just went for it. :sad: If you are looking for that korean quality, you've gotta do it korea. Americans IMHO don't alter it as much and you get something half-complete.

For me when I got my eyes done, I felt it during surgery. Maybe I'm an oddity since a lot of people here don't seem to feel the pain...

I got lateral and epi done to widen my eyes. I'll keep you guys posted for sure :smile:

Hey Cherrykiss

Noticed you went to Grand! I am seriously considering them - they are in my top 3 at the moment so I am very looking forward to your posts!!
How would you rate them so far though?

Also i wear glasses too :P i was considering eye surgeries too. Possible inner and outer or loveband but didnt want to not be able to see for ages haha!!
As youre wearing glasses now, did you buy a prop thing so it doesnt rest on your bridge or is it just resting on your bridge now??

Yes, my primary for both eyes and nose. Haven't been too much swelling like I thought, may be the icepack and laser treatment after the surgery has helped me somehow.

1.Shimmian clinic/ Dr. Jung: the clinic is quite small compare to the others and I got an appointment at 9 am and I came exactly 9 am but had to wait until 10 am to see Dr. Jung. There wasn’t any English speaker in the clinic at that time so I had a little problem of understanding him.
The consultation was quite short (like about 10 mins) and he seemed to be rushed to the surgery room. Dr. Jung suggested me to have hump reduction, osteotomy, tip plasty and alar reduction. No implant of course since I have already a high bridge compare to Korean’s standard. Then after that came Jay Lee (clinic’s English speaker manager), he seem to be a very nice guy, he brought me down to the street to get a cab. He has also warned me to be careful with some clinics which have a lot of advertising, sometimes these clinics hires students to go on a forum to write fake experiences to do marketing about the clinic.
The only things I didn’t really like is Dr. Jung was in rush and didn’t have so much time to spend with me in the consulting room, he told me we will talk about the methods and procedures before the surgery. I decided to move on since I’m planning to have Blepharoplasty as well and I don’t think Dr. Jung is the guy for that. Oh and by the way, half of the customers in the waiting room were Korean; the others are Chinese, Japanese and some English speakers. I heard that Dr. Jung main business is to train other doctors from China and Taiwan, saw many article hanging on the wall in the clinic about him as well.

2. Banobagi: This is seemed to be a big clinic since they have their own building located in Yeoksam. I came on time but still have to wait forever to see the doctor and they sent me a Chinese girl who spoke so so English to help me out. The doctor was ok, he suggested same things for my nose as Dr. Jung and non-incision double eyelid surgery with epicanthoplasty . Price is quite expensive here compare to other places, so it wouldn’t be an option for me. Plus I heard a scary story about them; a girl who worked as a consultant in Grand told me that Banobagi named something else before (I don’t remember what she said). They have changed name after an accident with their own staff, a girl who worked there had a surgery and she died in the surgery. Don’t know if this is true but it sounds scary to me anyway.

3. Wonjin clinic: the first impression about this place is about the interior designs. It’s quite big and modern. It takes almost 4 – 5 floors in a big building cal Pagoda. The places is packed with local patients (and some Chinese too). I came on time but had to wait forever to see the doctor again. Price here are more decent than other places but it was really turning me off by seeing the nose of a girl who was my person consultant (looks too fake). Oh and she spoke so so English since she is a Chinese consultant.
Then finally I met the doctor for eyes, he seem to be in rush and he suggested me to do only non-incision eye surgery. And then came Rhinoplasty doctor, he suggested me to do hump reduction, osteotomy, 2mm silicone implant. The person consultant girl told me that after cutting away the hump on my nose it might grow back later so they need to put the silicon inside to avoid the un-straight nose. Well, I decided to not having my nose done there because of the ugly nose he has done on that girl who was my person consultant. Yuck!

4. Grand: the place looks a bit old like 90s style and most of the customer are locals. The girl who was my English coordinator spoke perfect English and she was very friendly. She brought me to a room with a person consultant who spoke only Korean. That consultant girl seems to be quite pushy, she told me they will give a special price to a patient who decided immediately after the consultation and pay 10% deposit. And they asked me which clinics I have been to and started talking bad things about these clinics I told them. Like Wonjin told lie to their customers that Dr. Park Wonjin would do the surgery for the patient but actually they sent another guys to do it then when the patient came for the check up Dr. Park showed up, and Dr. Park is a breast augmentation guy only. Then told me a scary story about the Banobagi as I have mentioned above. Then saying that Dr. Jung is doing a lot of advertises aboard in China and I have to be careful with the clinics that target foreigners since we foreigners don’t have enough access to the information about the clinics. Then JW is just a small clinic, so it wouldn’t be able to compare to Grand. Blah Blah Blah….
Then they brought me to a young and handsome doctor, he suggested me same methods as Wonjin did so I was really turned off by the silicone implant. He said due to the hump reduction might not be smooth so they need a silicon implant to make the bridge straight. For my eyes he suggested non-incision and ptosis correction. Well, price was a bit higher than Shimman but I still didn’t like the place due to young doctor and the girls was trying to sell out too hard. I myself have been working as a marketing and sale girl so I know how it works. Actually I think she was quite obvious.

Last one I have been to is JW, it is also the one that I had surgeries: located also in Apgujeong (close to Grand) this is a medium size clinic. The girl who is my person consultation speaks not so perfect English but she is very kind, friendly and nice. She seems to be very proud of their doctor and she said their Rhinoplasty doctor is very famous in Asia and their Blepharoplasty doctor is the first one in Korea who came up with the idea of non-incision method for eye surgery. The place looks modern and quite a number of locals’ patient in the waiting room.
Price here is quite decent. I was pretty surprised they told me that they would give me a discount (sounds like an unserious things to me or maybe I was born and raised in a country where bargaining is considered as unserious and silly things) but anyway the staffs and doctors are quite nice. They explained that the price for the foreigner is normally 20% more expensive due to the free medication they provide but I will be able to get price for local because the doctor likes me (??).
This is the only clinics that brought me down to the room to scan my nasal in 4D and the Rhinoplasty doctor (Man Koon Suh) spent all the time in the world to explain the problems and solution for me (note that all this is for free) during the person consultation. He suggested hump reduction, osteotomy, and tip plasty to me. Well, that sounds good enough…
Then I met eye doctor, he seemed to be a little bit rushed but I got all the answer for my questions anyway. I decided to do surgery in JW because of the services they provides are quite good and the prices are okay.
During the surgery I got no pain as after the surgery, the only worst part is to wake up after the IV drip-sedation (I was so dizzy and tired and couldn’t walk probably and well, look at myself in the mirror with a lot of bandage was really freaking me out since this is my first time having a surgery ever). I told both doctors to make it as nature as possible and I don’t think there would be so much changes. But today I already feel my nose tip are a bit higher than before. Waiting for the cast of tomorrow to check how it looks like.
Don’t know if your guys got a laser treatment for de-swelling at another place but here I get it almost every time I get a checkup. The nurse is very gentle and polite.
The only thing I wonder is that they told me to pay in cash to avoid the 10% tax, is that mean they did it black? After I signed the contract they keep it and didn’t give it to me, is it normal?
Anyone has experiences with surgery in Korea please give me some advices….

Okie... as I said in my maiden post here... am headed to BK Hospital next week...

Starting to feel nervous as I've read so many bad reviews... but I picked BK cos my friend went last year for genioplasty, and her companions did rhino and eyes... and all 3 of them were very happy w Dr Kim. In my friend's words... "very WTF during the recovery period... but the dr knows what he's doing. No complaints about the results achieved. " (Her WTF was cos initially her swelling was asymmetrical... and also her friend who did eye surgery apparently had her eyelashes trimmed short!)

My friend recommended that I take "Taut" collagen supplements in the lead up to my op, which I've started for a week... and also to bring cold and hot compresses for easing pain and bleeding and subsequently for easing bruises respectively. Any other tips?

Would appreciate advice on getting around post-surgery! My friends don't join me till 5 days after my op! :sad:

Hey, lets meet up, me and cherrykiss are going to meet today after my check-up at JW. Pm please!

WOW! thank you for your very thorough review!!! JW was on my list before, now it's even higher!!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay, and in comparison to the other places you've consulted was it among the cheapest/most expensive/middle?
And, thank you again! I wish you a speedy recovery!!!