BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Checked and verified, what part of the terminology don't I understand? That's exactly what the quote states. And from what I remember, VIP charges $800 for anesthesia fees?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this Mauigal, they definitely should have handled this in a different way with you. I think a lot of us who have considered going abroad for surgery have had a concern of this sort.

edit: oops meant to quote mauigal, my bad vanilla dreams:P

Where did you read this? If it's the same VIP we're talking about, I was never charged for anesthesia fees. It was all included. My surgery was about 8 hours long and they administered anesthesia intravenously.

Yes, the same VIP, right I did also mean that it was included, however many patients on the last forum did state that say for rib rhinoplasty, the price quoted was $8500 and that out of that, $800 was for anesthesia fees, isn't that correct? ;o

Like the above poster, I was quoted a lump sum. This was for more than one procedures. If you're getting more than one procedures at the same time, you are put under general anesthesia just once but for a longer period of time. I can't imagine them waking you up and putting you under again. However, the cost would be more becaue you are under longer, need more attention from the physician, more meds, more complicated, etc...

I don't know what you don't/do understand, however charging $800 for general anesthesia seem cheap but to charge it for each procedure seems excessive. That's why I said to double check. That's not an insult on your intelligence; just a statement. I know a little about the medical field (no, I'm not a nurse lol). Not sure how much VIP charges though.

Oh no, I never thought that haha, what you wrote here in this reply was exactly what came to mind hence me asking about everyone elses anesthesia fees in the first place, seems like a bit much if I'm being charged a full $~1300-1400 for ga only :/

Hi faithfull7725,
Sorry you had to experience this :/ We do plastic surgery to better our looks and hope to be ''more beautiful'' and when it doesn't happen that way afterwards, I can only imagine the heartbreak.
What kind of rib rhinoplasty did you get, was it with full rib cartilage or diced? It seems as if US doctors perform diced Rib cartilage more often than korean docs, they mostly use the diced technique on ear and septal cartilages.

hi everyone. i just booked my nose job with ID for early October. getting anxious! quick question: how are the forumers paying for the procedures? carrying lots of cash in us dollars? using ATMs in Korea? the clinic informed me that there is a 10% tax associated with credit card use, but not with cash. is that true?

I bought all of my money in SOLID HARD CASH MONEY (lol). Please pack safely, as I did bring $9000 USD in my carry-on and I was very vigilant on the location of where my bag was at all times. I wasn't stopped by customs because it was below $10000 USD.

Exchange rates vary differently (day-by-day, location, branch..) and I didn't want to go through with the hassle of withdrawing money in a different country.

Day 6 update:
Went to VIP for dressing change again.

Dr. Lee squeezed my nose (again) and finally took away the gauze that covered my nostrils! I really like how my nostrils look now - no longer upturned! It is still a bit swollen but for now, I am happy with what I am seeing and will hopefully be seeing after the swelling subsides. I'm not able to see my bridge yet, as the splint hasn't been removed but I have great faith in his skills and projecting what I've always wanted. He said that the splint will be removed on Day 7 or 8, depending on the person, so I am hoping it gets removed tomorrow. :amuse:

As for my side profile with my paranasal augmentation, I no longer have a protruded mouth! Downside is that I smile like a big ol' weirdo now. My bottom teeth only show, so I hope this will heal up within the new few months (from what I read, it will be about month 5-7 before it returns back to normal?)

Dr. Lee is almost like a child at heart, he tickles me whenever I get out of the chair and likes to make faces at me. I am utmost glad that I get to see him overall 9-10 times already (unlike other clinics that I've heard that you never get to see your operating doctor, ever). I haven't gotten the chance to meet Dr. Song yet (walked past him in the hallway), but I don't think I need to~

Thus after my daily check-up, I went in for my daily facial and hair wash. The nurses and administrative staff are all so sweet - I cannot stop reiterating this. They know everyone by their first name even though you can barely recognize everyone's faces. Always asking if you're okay and comfortable or if anything hurts, let them know.

Weather is bad today, extremely rainy..
My rib is somewhat healing but whenever I lay down, it feels like someone is sitting on your chest area. Not painful or anything but uncomfortable.