BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Yeah I had facials and hair washed every day until I realised that the workload the girls get is based on our demands and if we line up. so I reduced it to every 2-3 days cause I didn't want to over work them- felt a little but bad asking because they have to say yes if we request it..

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also on the same street as VIP there are hundreds of other clinics that dwarf little old Vip, like dream clinic, 365cc and "popular plastic". It made me wonder if They could have done a better job than dr lee, but I'll never know. Btw I have researched for almost 3 years now it gets insane when you see how many are out there!

I saw doctor lee, he just said that a little bit of walking is good and that all that exercise and shopping I did was not a good idea LMFao *so owned!!!* so if any of you guys have read my posts saying that "walking around for 5 hours is good"-I think I mentioned this several times :P I take it back! doctor lee just said only jn moderation not too much let your body heal..I'm sitting in the waiting room using all there wifi while I line up for hair wash..

Btw I have my cast off.. Remember this is 7 days post op.... I think it's still a little big my nose definitely makes me look eurasian.. It's pretty tall im hoping that the rib will re-absorb a little more in the next few weeks or months but for now I will accept and love my new slightly big nose.

Things to consider- I have to admit I kinda feel like another one of Dr Lees creation, there were a few other girls there that had really similar noses to mine, it does make you wonder about diversity and what will happen in the near future. To me I really didn't care about this cause as soon as I get away from my "clones" and hit my hometown I know for for sure ill be unique there.

The photos, well to be honest I'm pretty photogenic, videos don't lie so I would rather give you before and after videos to those who are really considering it ( it will be on private viewing for those those who add me and tell me a little bit about themselves).. I do look a little plastic but apparently it's just your skin adjusting post op, I wouldn't say my nose is perfectly amazing - its good like I just wanted something better than before and hence am satisfied with no expectations.

Superfixal!!!

Wow your result looks amazing!!!
I want that nose, you looked great before but now you look perfect!

I'm thinking of getting my nose done in January with dr Lee at VIP now.

I've always hated my nose, it doesn't help that I have a prettier sister who got the better nose and everyone always compares us. Its super unfair. Also I was bullied a lot about my flat face by low life caucasians in elementary school, so I feel like a monster everytime I see my side profile. =(.

I like how he uses rib not artificial material.

Can i just ask a few questions...

How long did it take to make a booking with VIP clinic?
When you were consulting via email, did you provide photos and they edited them to show you what you may look like with a different nose?
Also, How much was your surgery?
I want to book in january
Did you get fat grafting on forehead or chin, like he seems to do with some patients?
How long must you stay in Seoul for recovery?\
Lastly, does dr Lee speak English? My Korean is very elementary, so wanted to know how you communicated.

Congratulations Superfixial, you look great! Thank you very much for the genuine review! It really helps a lot to those like myself who are going for the same journey. I am going to Seoul for rhinoplasty and prompt to JW for tip plastic. Have been researching for months and now stuck on if translator is necessary! Afraid been misled then doing good to my surgery. I contacted two Chinese translators, one from a ps agency website and the other from private. Dont feel really comfortable. It would be appreciated to hear your opinion on this. Wishing you a nice trip home with beautiful new nose!

Ur nose just gets better & better!!! I hope I get a result like yours!

Too bad re the walking - I wanted to do some serious shopping when I felt good enough after surgery, but it seems taking it easy is the way to go. Oh well after all the $$$$ spent on ps I prob shouldn't be spending too much on shopping lol

Omg love your new nose so far. So did you get a forehead and chin implant too? Is that why they pointed to your forehead and chin? I think your forehead definitely looks more pronounced. That contributes to looking "eurasian", not just your nose. :P But I love your new look!

I was hesitant to share my thought about Vip but then decide to voice out some facts I realized during my consultation with VIP this year.

I had rhino at VIP and the surgery went well, I am happy with the result because the new nose is exactly what I expected.

This year I went back to Seoul planning to have some other procedures done. I went to, in total 7 clinics, for consultation. As probably everybody knows, korean clinics charge foreigners different prices, usually 3/2 more expensive.

Among them VIP is infamous for being the most expensive. The price that the manager gives, is already crazy, but on top of that, it is quoted in US dollars, not in local currency like other clinics. I wouldnt complain anything if the price is reasonable, or if the result post op is worth all that money. What Im saying here is, obviously korean clinics are trying to rip us foreigners off but among them, VIP is one of the worse.

As it was not my first time in Korea, I had quite experiences how to get around Seoul and how to bargain with clinics. Also, before every surgery, I did tons of research, so I already had full knowledge of risks and complication. I knew what I truly needed and I stand firm with my decision, and no doctor, ror consultant could push me to have procedures that I was not sure about.

The consultation with the first clinics were ok, the doctors didnt really tell me about the potential risks. But when I asked, they nicely explained everything and suggested me some other alternatives. Regen, Grand were famous clinics for locals and had at least 3 4 branches/buildings in Seoul, their services were great so no wonder their prices were among the highest. Compared to those 2, VIP was a very small clinic with 6-7 floors building of around 40 - 50 m2 ground surface. Not to mention, there was only 2 doctors who did everything, a doctor for eyes and dr Lee for the rest.

In my opinion, dr Lee is very skillful at rhino but I doubt hes specialized in facial contouring, nor breast augmentation, nor liposuction... But when I asked about those procedures, and some other special procedures (I wont say it here because VIP staffs would know who I am if they read this post), to my surprise, Joann said dr Lee will do it all for me. Wth, I was 100% sure that dr Lee was not skilled at some, and the clinic was not fully equipped as one should for the procedures. But still, the manager insisted they could do it?

Ok, I just played along, asked for some other procedures. And once again, the way Joann "sold" the procedures shocked me. She always made it sound like she was giving me a favor, by reducing the price, giving some procedures for free, suggesting some good package which was less expensive. But in reality, she just made the whole simple surgery with complicated medical term, tricked us into thinking that they would do many procedures but it was truly just one and the same one.

I still have the proof with me, but cant tell. I could only give example, just imagine with mandibular reduction and jaw reduction (AN EXAMPLE). For those who didnt know much she would tell "You need mandibular reduction AND jaw reduction, each are $ xxxx USD but since you already had your surgery here, I will give you 1 procedure for free". Finally, 3 procedures I asked, which were only ab 10,000,000 kwon at other clinics, VIP quoted me $ 16 - 17k USD, almost doubled

I met 2 tpf at VIP. One (not sure but I think) had primary surgery and one had revision. The first one, she spent almost $40k USD at VIP... :lol: My jaw almost dropped when I heard the amount. She had lots of work done at VIP, cant remember every tiny details but I only remember that, at Grand/Regen you could get the same done at around 23 - 25 k USD since you paid a lot, you d get good price/package and premium service. Not to mention, you d have a doctor who was specialized in that procedure doing it for you. Not a polyvalent doctor who could do watever procedure you asked.

The second one was a friend I contacted prior to the trip to Seoul. She went back for a rhino revision and then was pushed to do some other procedures (she was easy you know). Because of privacy reasons, I cant tell her story in details but from what she told me, she has many friends who also regretted going under the knife at VIP. I also had my surgery at VIP so I understand her, once surgery done, you wouldnt want to voice out all the troubles/prob because mayb you d come back for more revision in the future and the only doctor knows best ab ur condition is dr Lee. Best is try not to get on their bad side. Once you do, you will get the cold look from VIP staffs, be ignored whenever you have any problems post op. And that was the reason why, many ppl, some tpf that even I know n met in Seoul were not happy with the surgery done at VIP, some had revision, but rarely I saw them post their experience here.

And when I asked her, my sis wanted a rib nose but still confusing and not many doctors did rib nose, so should she go for it at VIP? (Mine was not a rib nose and a lot safer) She said, it was my sis's decision to make, she could only give advice and after all that she and her friend went through, she thought my sis would regret it doing at VIP, especially when complication d occur and one d need revision, VIP would treat you with cold eyes and cut the contact off with you unless you come back for more procedures done.

I feel that Im one of those lucky ones, up until now no prob but who know, in the future just in case if I need revision, then the way VIP would treat me scares me. I know, that other clinics will treat me the same if anything happens and if Im not lucky. But then, VIP is just like any other clinics in Apgujeong, why the ridiculous price if there also is risk of revision in the future? I feel that VIP sees us foreigners like trees of money, easy to trick. It's fine even if they are not well known among locals, they could just focus on n scatter to foreigners because we are easy targets.

One of the clinic I went to even admitted that they charged international patients a higher price when they misunderstood my conversation with my korean friend and gave my friend a much lower price than other clinics we went to.

Btw, I use a new ID to post in this topic. Sorry for that, but I dont want VIP staffs know my posts since Im sure that Joann read this topic. I shared my experiences and even photos, using other ID.

Since Superfixial shares her photos and experiences ab fat graft. Im sure Joann told her that their technique to inject fat is different, micro injection or something, and to different layer so that the fat will last longer but the price will be higher than other places. I dont remember it but approximately 2000 - 3000 usd for each part. Whole face is something like 7000 usd while its usually 3000 - 4500 USD MAX even if its stem cell

Fat graft is just a procedure where the surgeon sucks out the fat, treats it (I dont know much but apparently with some machine) and then inject it to our face. Diff surgeons have diff tech of injection. But im 100% sure that fat graft doesnt last forever and is a tad better with the 2nd session (I had 2 fat grafts done) and Im 100% sure that VIP technique is NOT that BETTER than other clinics as they say since I personally know 3 ppl who had it done at VIP then had that fat almost and totally reabsorbed. When i say totally, i meant 0% remained.

What is micro injection? Just inject several times small amount of fat in small areas of the face. So if other doctors divide our face to 10 areas, mayb dr Lee just increases it to 15 20 (just an example, in reality i bet not that much)... But then the difference and the outcome is not that great based on my friends' experience. When Joann talked with me, she said I d need Fat graft AND micro injection, 2 different procedures and she could give one for free even though it's just one.

Injection to different layer: that I dont know much if the clinic I went to for fat graft also did it but im sure that there are other clinics who also are capable of doing it but not that crazy price.

Stem cell: Joann explained that it is more condensed fat which could last longer and has a better survival rate. Price: around 8000 9000 USD. At other clinic -> 4000 4500 USD

Personally, my experience with fat graft at a well known clinic among the locals is quite good (I wont give the name here coz it sounds like promoting the clinic) I was most happy with the 1 session of fat graft 2 - 3 months post op. After that I could see 60% reabsorbed and 40% remained. After the 2nd fat graft, I immediately saw the improvement, face more chubby and looks more youthful... Around 65 - 70% remains but I will wait 1 year after the 2nd fat graft to judge.

really much appreciate your contribution !! we really need someone to voice up here!! because when I browse thru Asian nose job #2 and is all about VIP. I was quite shock with their price and wonder why people are still going and paying for this!! that's where I posted a question to Superfixial for any particular reason choosing VIP. Thanks again her for sharing why she chose VIP. I'm not offend anyone choosing VIP, they may have their own reason, but to me.. I don't even consider sending inquiry email to them just because of their price alone :biggrin:

Hi all!

I am having trouble narrowing my list of clinics for a nose job. Was wondering if anyone can provide insight/feedback on the clinics/specific surgeons good for tip plasty and alar base. I will not be sticking an implant in.

1. Grand
2. Regen
3. Real
4. Cinderella
5. Banobagi
6. Real
7. JW

Thank you in advance!

Btw, pls dont give clinics or tell managers of the clinics that you read that and that somewhere, or ppl told you that and that about that. They will no doubt bash ppl who wrote bad review or voice up their opinions.

Just ask them, is there a risk of that? Is that true that blah blah...

Im certain that as for Joann, she will say something like "I ve never said that, what she talked is nonsense, just because she was not happy with her nose she made up that story blah blah blah..."

I confirm once again, im 90% happy with my nose even though some tpf think it's not that worth it, but it fits my taste. It doesnt look like manequins' and totally natural. Im just voicing up my thoughts.

One last thing, ppl always wonders why the surgery at VIP could go up to 7 - 8 hours since they only have simple procedures done, I think that because dr Lee could do 2 surgeries at once... I dont believe he does only 1 surgery per day. And during surgery, he takes break to give consultation to some.

Thankful for your honesty and really hope alot of the forummers who went to VIP and had the same thoughts would come and share their side of the story.

Often these "star" doctors only do the "main part"

They let a more junior doctor do the routine suturing back the nose..

Do people really think the main guy has the time to do the whole thing in Korea...it is like a conveyor belt..

r u serious? Joanne actually reads this forum? I'm not scared or anything, but I don't think u have too much to worry about...unless u live in Korea