BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

So, I'm actually planning on having my revision rhinoplasty next month! My main concern is the reabsorption rate for rib rhinoplasty. I hear some people say that it can reabsorb a lot within 1 year. Does anyone have any experience on this? Or know of anything?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i want to share my experience did nose job in id hospital 1,5 month ago. I really don't like the result, the ear cartilage in my nose is viSible. I did osteotomy, hump removal and tip plasty with ear cartilage. I'm really upset with my nose right now. Until i'm getting almost insane. Because my nose before is better than my nose now. My bridge too low and wide, the tip n nostrils are strange. I asked the doctor for straigt nose and he gave me the curved one.
Maybe it's just me that nor clear enough with the doctor. I dont want to go back to them dor revision. Anyone please who's the best surgeon that specialized in rhinoplasty?
Is dr hong from bk good? Or dr kao from taiwan?

thank you for sharing your experience. Just curious, how long ago did you do your surgery with VIP? Did you experience any reabsorption, warping, etc.?

Yes, reabsorption but no warping. Rib cartilage reabsorbs a lot...

Im sorry to hear that... But I dont think it was totally the surgeon's fault here... It was partial his, because he didnt explain enough and partial yours, because you could have done more research b4 making the decision.

If you only did osteotomy + tip plasty but not bridge augmentation, your nose d highly be curved. Because your tip d be higher with the cartilage, but your bridge d stay the same, in some case lower due to osteotomy, thus the curved nose.

Yes. I had that feeling when I first met her (not this year though). And many fellow tpf also told me the same when we talked ab Joanne

Does the nose look ridiculously big and disproportionate then right after the surgery since the doctor have to take into consideration the reabsorption rate and therefore make the nose bigger? Does your nose still look tall and natural after the reabsorption?

Oh gosh, but it does absorb over time though, right? Do you think Dr. Lee is a good surgeon for a rib rhinoplasty? I'm so torn because I have to perform the surgery next month, and I still can't decide on a surgeon.

@TofuKimchee: Wow, thanks for sharing your experience. It's sad how Koreans charge foreigners 2-3x more than locals, but I guess there's nothing we can do aside from bargaining. I was considering VIP, but I think I'll check out other clinics like Regen or Banobagi.

wow glad to see u went through with surgery. let us know how ure recovery goes :smile: how do the fat grafts for ure chin look? im contemplating between fat grafts or fillers for my chin. im scared tht the fat grafts wont last long though.

i've never heard of rib reabsorbing alot. from seeing other peoples results id roughly estimate that 30 percent or a bit more reabsorbs. but i dont think anymore beyond that. most ppl who undergo rib have huge Pinocchio noses after, so i guess tht the surgeons do overcompensate with reabsorption in mind.

I've been researching Dr. Wang for a really long time, and I joined this forum thing too that talks about him. My dad also made a visit to his clinic, and in the end I think if I am going to do rib rhino, I'll either go to VIP or somewhere here in the US. According to my dad, Dr. Wang's clinic is very small, and there's not much of a front. He only does 1 patient every 1-2 days. I have also heard 50-50 results on him. I'm also skeptical on why he's the only one who can make a soft tip, and no one else? Dr. Lee on VIP seems to be doing rib for awhile too, so I just don't understand why no one else caught on to this technique because everyone knows that rib noses tend to be very very hard. I don't know, but I gotta make a decision by next month. Let me know how it goes though if you do go to Dr. Wang's.