BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I know which doc did the nose job for u?
Is urs pri or revision case ?

Heloo ,has anybody in here ever done rhino in banobagi clinic and satisfaction with the result?some person always mention dr lee banobagi is good.but in banobagi the persons with surname lee is two persons and both perform rhino..so now i really need u guys help.which dr lee is good? HYUN TAEK,LEE or HOON BUM,LEE?and also how much average cost doing rhino in banobagi?thanks before i really appreciate all the infos,now im still in korea and have to decide asap hehehe

Hey you should check out CozyCot's surgery thread, I was reading on it a couple of months ago and it seems a few did their surgery there. :smile:

Yeah, he's the the one that "specializes" in nose. I went to several clinics including VIP, banobagi, regen, jw, grand. I ended up going to JW. I am bewildered by why they didn't do an alar reduction, so now I guess I have to go either go back or go elsewhere to do that. I still have a bump even though did a hump reduction, and I am quite certain it is not swelling because it is rock hard like bone. But, anyway, i guess since I am 2 months post op it is too early to complain. But, I mean its rock hard like bone, so perhaps theres a possibility that they didn't remove enough?

Anyone have any opinions on what this might be?

hey i dont want to worry you, but i do remember another forumer who also got her nose done at jw. she got osteotomy (narrowing of nasal bones) and i think hump reduction, not sure about the last procedure but she did mention tht she felt a hard ridge or bump on her nose after most of the swelling went away. maybe dr.suh is not skilled in smoothing out all the bone, as apparently most korean surgeons usually just throw a silicone implant over the bridge to conceal any ridges and make everything smooth. hopefully this isnt the case though. let me know how everything goes with ure results, as jw is one of the clinics i plan on consulting.

Hello,

This is my first post. I have booked my airfare to arrive in Seoul in 2 weeks. I'm planning to get rhinoplasty. I have looked at all the top recommended sites and am so overwhelmed.

So far I have contacted and got a response from BK, Oz and Seoul Touch Up (seems to be more expensive that the others).

I have had a couple of friends who went to Dream and were happy with results however, they went with a Korean speaking person. The Dream website is in Korean so no idea how to contact them :sad:

I've been recommended to get nasal bridge augmentation with implant insertion, open nasal tip-plasty with tip elongation and narrowing by septal cartilage graft, nasal alar resection together.

Does anyone have recommendations and is anyone going Seoul for surgery in two weeks time?

I'm getting a little nervous now...really wanting a natural result but taller and more defined.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated thank you =)

Hi Smilingheart

When will you be in Seoul? I will be there on 3rd Feb so let's hang out together some time ^^
And i am being nervous too, but it helps me to read this forum and the other thread "best plastic surgery clinic in korea". Both have very useful tips and detailed surgery and clinic experience. (You probably did too)
Which clinics are you going to visit?

About Dream, i really read and heard mixed reviews of it being either great, too natural or too fake. I am going there too for consultation and I will be bringing pictures of noses and notes of what i like and dislike. This way i hope i can lessen the possibility of unwanted results a bit.

Hi EevaLeena,

I'm going exactly the same date as you! Will be staying for 10 days. What are you getting done?

I am getting really confused and worried now because I have been reading that artificial implants (silicone has been recc to me from the clinics) usually need to be removed later on or nose revisions done due to either infections, rupture or the implant moved out of place. I don't want it to look really pointy and fake too as I've seen some rhinoplasty jobs with a really obvious line where the silicone is.

Has anyone has silicone implants and can give me any advice please?

At this stage my list to visits include:

- Grand- Gave me a detailed response about a more expensive type of silicon used and is quite competitively priced
- Dream- only because 2 of my friends went there but yes one did say hers is too natural although i don't agree
- Teuim- They suggested silicone implant but had option of using dermis fat from buttocks too for a non artificial option...don't know much about this so will probably research..so confused
- OZ- they have been prompt with responses and have been recc in previous posts

Maybe list
- BK- received prompt responses but I'm still deciding due to previous posts abt the service there
- Banobagi has impressive b & a photos and have read positive things in previous threads
- Seoul touch up (does anyone have any information about this clinic as there are no b & a photos on the site) I received a response from them so thought i'd check them out.

I contacted a few others so am in the process of narrowing it down.

Which ones are you visiting? Would love to meet up =)

Hi Smilingheart :smile:
I just tried to Private Message you but i guess it won't work for yet ...
To be honest I am quite shy writing here... and this much.
So please, if you have kakao add me there: ShereeLou

Anyway I am so happy to hear that we will be in Seoul at the same time :smile:

I am contemplating on having tip and alar plasty, fat graft on Forhead and paranasal. I can't have Bridge impants because my skin is too thin and my eyes too close-set.. my eyes would look like an alien if they put anything in there.

Yes artifical implants like silicon and gortex have the advantage that they are much easier to work with for doctors than autologous tissue like rib, dermal fat graft etc. Actually there are some really natural results from artifical implants and they feel natural too. It probalby depends on how skilled the doctor is and how his sense of beauty is sometimes.
But yes the downside to artifical implants is that they are prone to infection, redness, contracted nose and if badly done pretty obvious. Personally i do not like the idea of someday having to go for revision, that's why I only want autologous tissue if i had to do augmention Rhinoplasty.

did you have a look at these clinics? I get the impression that they are good with noses, it's worth it to have a look at them, if you still havent:
-VIP: costs a fortune but if you can afford they are specialized in rib and you will have accommodation for a week, hair wash and laser deswelling facials. They quoted me 11000 USD for rib cartilage.

-JW: Dr. Suh is known for good at handling revision cases and he only does Nose Jobs, so he must be very proficient in that area. He recommended me dermo fat graft in case i wanted Augmention Rhinoplasty.
Another plus here is that they provide hair wash and laser deswelling facials .
The downside: their shedule is really busy, don't know if they can fit you in their shedule without deposit :S
Price they quoted me was 5000 USD for bridge, tip and alar.

-Regen: Although they use silicon, a forumer here got really nice result from Dr. Oh. You might read egg_tartlet's posts of her surgery experience.
This is a really big clinic and very popular.
They quoted me 4,500,000~6,750,000KRW for nose.

-Migo : heard they have a contract with a celebrity group or producer. Sorry forgot what it was exactly but it is very popular. Can't tell you how much they quote but it must be on par with Regen. This clinic doesn't provide and English inhouse Translator, but a Chinese one. But the Nose Doctor speaks English so he told me it's fine.

-S-One PS: This Doctor won an award for nose and he works with rib too.
Price he quoted me is 7000 KRW for rib plasty.

Also about big clinics with lots of Doctors and trainees. It's best to be very careful with them. I heard some horror stories of Doctors switching with trainees while you are out. That's why if possible i would like to be awake and only have local anesthesia so i can be sure that the doctor i consulted with is the one operating me. Just wanted to let you know, because that would be my biggest nightmare if that happend to me :S

Also about Grand I read somewhere that it is the most sued clinic in Korea :S And another forumer mentioned that the doctors there were actually not qualified surgeons. But i do not remember the details anymore, since i wasn't interested in Grand to begin with, because they use silicon for Paranasal, which personally I dislike.

I thought SeoulTouchUp is like an agency for medical tourism. They guide you to different clinics on their list, provide accommodation etc in their package. isn't it?

I am visiting Migo, JW, View Clinic, KSamsung Clinic, Regen, Dream and Chungdam U.
In the end i think i have to just go with the doctor i trust can give me the results i want and feel most comfortable with... and i hate that because that means I have no idea in which clinic to have surgery at right now T-T I am not an patient person at all >////<

You are only staying for 10 days? aww too bad, I wanted to go shopping with you:P
Where will you be staying at?
Where are you coming from?

It's been about 4 months since I wrote on here! Completely forgot that I had a nose job and getting on with life :smile:

I had my nose job in September with Dr Park at OZ clinic and I also had an osteotomy (narrowing the sides of my nasal bone), hump reduction and tiplasty using septal cartilage. 4 months later and I'm still thrilled with the results. You're right that other people have had strange lumps (they are callous formed lumps) on their noses after an osteotomy and this was in fact my MAIN concern with having the osteotomy. I was having a hump removed too so the last thing I wanted was to find another lump somewhere! Raising this point to Dr Park in my consultation, he was was surprised to hear this as he's never heard of lumps forming post surgery (that was good news for me!) I have to say, my nose is look SO much better and there were no awkward lumps anywhere after surgery! I can't thank Dr Park enough for doing an amazing job. And I'm also so glad that I stayed adamant in not getting silicone (one day or another you're likely gonna have to have it removed).

I also had a consultation with Dr Kim at BK and was not at all impressed. BK isn't very popular in Seoul because they've done mistakes before and locals told me that they stay away from BK. But they've got the ch-ching to pay for all the international advertising and marketing, hence we talk about BK a lot. I'd rather listen to what the Koreans say. So, figure out where you wanna go. Do as many consultations as possible as there are hundreds of surgeries to choose from!