• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey yo, newbie here=)
wanted to have my nose fixed in coming november,
going to either dalian dr wang or kaohsiung dr hsu
havent yet make up my mind

anybody here have experience with either doctor stated above?
give me some advice and enlighten me please
cheers=)

u interested with dr wang too?
have u heard about dr hsu from taiwan?
what make u decide wanted to have nose job done with dr wang?
are u alone?maybe we can tag along..:graucho:

Vip is expensive
I did mine procedures along with lexethan :0
And yes wished mine bridge was higher .
I am sorry doc lee I am greedy fellow ,6 mm is not enough :0

Can you send us some links? Am keen on rhino and going to korea this dec. still have time to change my mind.

yup i've known about him for quite some time now. i've heard of dr. hsu as well
but i'm leaing more towards dr. wangs results. he does rib and can give people pretty dramatic results if they want it, but i'm mainly interested cuz his tip work is great.

have you been in contact with him at all? when were you thinking of going?

Yea contacted him months ago and going to mail him again in coming days...planned to go on december 2013, checked the weather, the temperature is around negative to positive 10 degree c....is it suitable to get nose job done? Cant find any time slot except coming dec...kidda-kind-of worried about cant adapted to winter and caught flu as I am from a tropical country...Lolll:lol:..how bout u?

Hello, I am a Chinese & Australian.
4 years ago I had 2 pieces of dermis (neither autologous nor artifice) implanted in tip of my nose, since I used to have really flat tip. However I never had any implants for my nasal bridge (no silicon no goretex), and I never gone through any alar-plasty. I guess back then all I wanted is to have some real tip---just wanted to be normal I reckon. I know it was not a sophisticated procedure I undertook 4 years ago so I’m thinking to finally have a thorough & holistic rhinoplasty this November. I summarized some problems & expectations of my nose as following:
1. Firstly I guess dermis by itself really cannot support the structure of the nasal tip, so now my tip is not well-defined, especially for my profile view.
2. Since my tip was so flat the surgeon used the open method to put the dermis into my tip, even now the scar in my nasal columella is still visible; and since I want to focus on my tip-plasty I am afraid the surgeon needs to go ahead with the open method again---wouldn’t that be double jeopardy to my visible scar?
3. When I look up, I can see my nostrils are asymmetrical.
4. I have that itchy feeling for my tip, and color of my tip is redder than my nasal bridge.
5. I consulted some surgeon (in Beijing) whether I can just use septal and ear cartilage to define and reshape my tip, cause I don’t want to undertake any revisions in the future. Which means I may hesitant to have any implants in my bridge, but these surgeons told me it will not be harmonious with the well-defined nose if I leave my bridge as what it is;
6. So I’m thinking if I do need to have some augmentation for my nasal bridge, I would rather to go ahead with the conservative and natural way. Cause I do have an apple face with small, feminine figure thus I don’t think drastic westernized bridge would suits me that well.
7. I am also torn between rib cartilage and goretex, ironically the worst fear for me for the former is not the painful process for rib harvesting and relatively slow healing process, however it’s the inevitable life-long scar under my chest. I’m only in my early 20s and really happy with the shape of my chest , and Australia is definitely the paradise for seaside lifestyle. I know some surgeons do the incision within the crease of the chest with the help of endoscope, but I just feel the scar is such a big price I need to pay, and it’s kind like I need to sacrifice the highlight of my body to compensate the shortfall if you know what I mean. And the warping is also the controversial topic for the rib cartilage, also I read about the level of rigidness and the emergence of humps on the bridge after the operation...etc. But for goretex, I know it’s easier get infected with difficulty to remove. Yes, that’s definitely a downfall for this one, but I have read so many revisions in relation to silicon removal, what I need now is something I can rely on lifelong . Since I don’t need a drastic westernized bridge, so if I insert say 2.5+--3mm goretex (take the later reabsorption into consideration) will that mitigate the rate of infection and removal?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions and recommendations.

Seems nothing is perfect. I have similar problem as your nose, but I think about rib cartilage to my nose revision in three months in Seoul.

Hey Pei Pei all the best for your nose revision using rib cartilage. Are you heading to VIP? Do you mind to share how much they quote you for this surgery? some surgeons recommended nasal base filling surgery for me as well. Anyway good luck :smile: