BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hello Scaredgirl,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Dr. Jung's clinic. I am planning to visit Korea for nose job some time next Spring and I also have Dr. Jung on my list.
Needless to say, I'm so grateful for your post and would love to see your before/after picture, if possible. For some reason, I was unable to view it through the link that you posted.
Hope to hear from you soon,

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you wash your face post op? You just have to avoid wetting the cast, correct? I have really oily skin and will keep my hair out of my face as much as possible (which I hate). How soon can you get a facial? I get blackheads really easily... I know it'll only get worse with that cast on.

I'm getting an osteotomy and tip plasty in two weeks, and I'm really nervous about how long major swelling and bruising will last. I might just chicken out and get tip plasty, though. I'm going to be getting it done in the Philippines.

nope.. it is still bulbous not slim and narrow. i want my nose slim and narrow. my dr did not get rid of my pollybeak deformity. :sad:

who did your nose? i'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted :sad: doesn't sound like a very good doctor if he can't do a simple bulbous tip reduction and L-implant...

he is singaporean. located at asiahealth partners. he did not really understand what i wanted. i tried to explain. he never gave me a chance to

I have sinus problems/rhinitis and made sure my surgeon was aware of that because I tend to get runny noses and rub my knows a lot. He said that it's not a problem.
I'm now two months post-op from my surgery in Korea, and so far I'm doing fine. You won't be able to pick at your nose or blow hard for the first few weeks; Right now I can blow my nose and use Q-tips to swab the inside. I'm still healing so I try to be gentle, just to be safe.

i'm sorry... :sad: i've never even considered going "local"... i think it's risky no matter where you live... unless you live in Korea! haha ^^

who did your nose? are you happy? ^^

As I mentioned in my upper post, I'm two months post-op and I HIGHLY regret my silicone implant. This is probably because I was hesitant about it before surgery (I was initially only concerned about reducing the bulbous tip and wide nostrils), yet I went through with it because the doctor said that it's pretty standard. He gave me the 4mm and I regretted it the moment they removed my cast. Setting aside the swelling at the time, at this point the swelling has pretty much subsided and I absolutely hate it. I had no issues with my bridge before so I kind of hate myself for not going with my gut.

It does look fake, though no one seems to really notice this but me. In conjunction with the silicone implant, they also shaved my nasal bones, so not only does it have the height, my bridge is also now thin - made more prominent by the shadows it casts. I can trace out the silhouette of the implant and it's also slanted to one side (likely due to it being inserted through one of the nostrils in a closed procedure). I miss my flat bridge.

Within the first two weeks post-op, they gave me the option of taking the silicone out because it was causing me so much distress. My consultant told me that I would have to book the appointment right away and that this was very time sensitive. The thought of getting my nose "touched" again was terrifying so I told them I would need to think about it. Two days later, I went back for a checkup; I explained my situation to the nurse that was treating me and she told me that she recommends me keeping the silicone because there are chances of complications/deformities, and that I have a window of one month to remove it if I choose. WIth that in mind, when I came in for my checkup with the surgeon a week later, he told me that it's too late to re-touch the nose and that it will be safer to wait six months; he said the window of opportunity is two weeks, not one month. That made me so frustrated, and I suppose that type of miscommunication would come along with a clinic this big with a million nurses and receptionists. He said that if I truly wanted, it is a simple procedure to remove just the silicone implant (I also had thoughts of removing the cartilage graft from the tip), however, he said the bridge may not heal the way I want it to / I would have to take the high chances of infection. Of course, I said I would rather take the safer option to wait out at least six months for the swelling to go down before another operation.

So, that brings me to the present time. I have obsessively done research on revision rhinoplasty, and there doesn't seem to be much info on people who have had silicone implant removal, though I am so certain there must be tons of people who have had it removed considering the amount of people that DO have it in Asia. I have found responses from less than a handful of people who have had theirs removed and the bridge returning to normal, but also found others who've ended up with contracted/short noses or describing them as "blobs" and becoming shapeless. The majority of the information I've found were from American doctors through makemeheal, and most of them seem to say the same thing: high chances of deformities if you don't replace it with an alternative implant, such as nose contraction, uneven scar formation, lumps and/or having a saddle nose. Some doctors have said to leave it in if it's not infected/extruding, others have said it's better to remove the implant as soon as possible. What are you supposed to believe when even doctors are contradicting themselves? I wish I could find more feedback from actual patients... I want to remove my silicone implant completely (no replacement), but putting my chances on the unpredictable (once again), is freaking scary.

Has anyone else gotten their implant removed? Or even the cartilage graft on the tip and/or columellar strut removed? How has your healing been?
Is anyone fluent in reading Korean? I feel there must be more feedback on Korean forums about this issue.

On that note, if you have ANY hesitation with getting an implant - DON'T DO IT.

I would rather not post the clinic, but feel free to PM me once my account ages.
It's very well known in Korea/Asia and they have excellent aftercare service so I was surprised to see that not many people from this forum have gone there.

I'm personally not happy with my nose, but that's because I shouldn't have gotten it done.
I never disliked my nose, nor was it my best feature but every now again did think it could be a bit smaller. When I went to Korea, I regret to say I got swept up in the phenomenon.

That isn't to say it didn't turn out well.. people in Korea would tell me they wish they could get their nose done like mine (though it could have been just to be nice, because I was obviously having a hard time with it) and the workers at the clinic was beyond bewildered as to why I was regretting it. My ENT in Canada has even told me that I would be the poster child of rhinoplasty in North America if it was any doctor here who did my procedure and turned out the way it did. That's a pretty bold statement coming from my ENT, but nothing anyone says can make me feel better about my decision - I went through psychological trauma because of this experience. I'm surprised to see how happy people in Korea are after their surgery. The first two weeks post-op was a desolate time for me.. I was glued to the mirror, I couldn't connect with myself - it was heartbreaking. None of my friends back home knew that I had done this, so I feared going back, and nearly decided to camp out in Korea (or runaway to different country) for the next year so no one would have to see me. Ultimately, I did come back to Canada, and no one seems to have noticed yet. I usually get the occasional, "you look...different" or "did you lose weight?". I think the answer I was hoping for from people was no answer. I would do anything to have my old nose back. Who knew I would miss being able to wrinkle my nose and its squishiness. Now I'm paranoid I'll bonk my nose somehow or get hit in the face.

Sorry for all the really long posts. It feels nice to be able to finally share my story with people who can understand or looking for insight into the experience. I lurked on this forum topic (and its predecessors), reading for hours on end while I was in Korea the past summer. I was constantly seeking answers and it gave me comfort, so thank you to all that have contributed.

;_____; i first thought... "no way... no implant..." but now... i think nothing of it... implant... is fine... but after reading this... i wish I knew... how many of the people who get implant get it removed .... ... ... . i don't mind it looking "fake"... if it doesn't look any more fake than others... (I have seen many b&A of rp in Korea, almost everyone uses an implant... and i think it looks good... i can tell they have an implant but... i also think it looks good... i saw one with an implant that was mostly on one side... looked bad... but not a clinic i'd consider... should i really worry...? the infection is the only reason i'd have it removed... but i hear it's not that common... that it gets infected...

I was also skeptical and hesitant about getting an implant but the idea of having a prettier nose convinced me to do it. And the moment I got my cast off I knew that I was gonna get that implant off sooner or later because it was obviously slanted!

@Nuevo: I think what your doctor said about the opportunity window to remove the implant is NOT true. I have never heard of that in my research on removing the implant. However, the unfortunate news is that your doctor shaved your nose bone and that could alter the way your nose will look after removal of the implant..

Just lather up your fingers with your face wash and avoid getting the cast off. Then instead of splashing water on your face, you just dampen your hand and use it to wipe off the face wash. Then wash your hands to remove the face wash you wiped off, and then wipe your face again. Do it until you feel all the face wash is off. Important that your hand isn't so wet it's dripping. Just damp.

And areas that I can't wash. like the crease of your nose at the nostrils - I get a cotton pad and dampen it with toner and use it to wipe the oil away. And under my eyes too.

I had an osteotomy as well (last week) and the swelling wasn't that bad. The worst was on day 2. Just put an ice pack on your cheeks and it'll help.

Also, your face is going to get so oily post-op during the recovery period. More oily than it usually is. I've read it takes about 3 month till your face returns to normal.

My niece got her silicone implant removed two years ago because her skin started to thin out and turned red after about ten years of having the implant. So, to prevent it from getting worse she decided to have it removed while researching for a good plastic surgeon for a revision. It has left a small dent on her tip which she was not surprise but did not expect it either; apparently because the implant formed a capsule and imbedded in her nose for nearly ten years, which left a den mark on her tip. That's what the doctor explained to her.

Fast forward, due to busy schedules, until this day she still has not gotten a revision yet but the den getting less visible now.

Her sister, on the hand is happy with her nose job. They both got the nose job at the same time and with the same doctor. The only thing different that the doctor used a smaller and thinner size of implant on the sister.

Sorry that I'm off the subject a little but I just wonder if the size of the implant is the issue that you are not comfortable with? Since you mentioned that your nose was not flat to begin with, maybe a thinner implant? I read your post and I realize that you are sick of going thru this again but just a though, I hope you don't mind.
:smile:
all the best