BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hello Dear,

You´re very welcome. ^^ Don´t think that you have lost a part of yourself. You are still you and believe me this obstacle will only make you stronger! I am sure that you can overcome this and even though this is an anonymous forum, we genuinely want to help you and encourage you. :smile:

I am sorry to hear that your surgery didn´t turn out as you wished for....do you think that your skin was too thin to begin with or was the silicone just misplaced? Normally it shouldn´t show when it´s inserted in the right pocket and the doctor should have carved the implant according to your nasal shape as well as the thickness of your skin.

Thinking about a revision is a good idea but for now you should wait. As you have mentioned rhinoplasty takes a long time (up to a year) until the final result is set, so be patient. Don´t worry! Your surely won´t end up with a nose like Michael Jackson. :biggrin: Before you can reach his level you must save a fortune. XD

My dear, don´t be depressed (even though that´s your forum name LOL) try to cheer up. You are NOT your nose, don´t let the thought of having a "weird" nose consume you! You are still you, and I am convinced that the people around you will help you and support you.

FIGHTING! :biggrin:

Warmest regards,
VK

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Thailand :smile: So I just drove to the hospital for the surgery, and left the next day in the afternoon. And then came back for check ups.

AONE has a youtube channel with videos on how they perform their surgery. Not exactly an opinion or "review" but it's cool.

I think it is both mine and the doctor's fault? Firstly, I didn't know the thickness of the skin was an issue for silicone implants. And I'm surprised Dr. Suh did not even mention this to me at all. Also, my bridge is sort of deviated so it's now extra obvious. :sad:

Yeah, I can't wait to go for revision. Does anyone here have any advise about revision rhino (doctors, what to expect, etc)? I'm saving up for it now but I don't know when it'll be enough, I heard revision is more expensive. :sad:

Are you going for primary rhinoplasty? Wow, rib? :O I'm really scared about "opening" another part of my body to harvest material. Rhinoplasty alone scared the hell out of me, I can't bear the thought of another part of me being cut open. :sad: So you're really brave, kudos to you. :smile:

Regret not doing enough research before going. That's really important. I should have used cartilage from my ears or something. :/ Or maybe just done a filler... :/

Yes my family did know about it. They all regret letting me go, and although they're giving me moral support, I feel guilty cause I begged them to let me do it. Now my mum regrets letting me go because she thinks she let herself "ruin her beautiful daughter's face". And I feel even more guilty. :'( They said they'll never let me do it again because they're afraid it will only become worse. They can't trust plastic surgeons anymore. :/ It's all very psychological. I sort of feel the same way. Like I'd rather have my old imperfect nose than suffer psychologically right now. :sad:

Hello ^^

I see. Really, he didn´t brought it up? That´s weird because I remember talking to a forumer who did dermal fat graft with Dr. Suh because he pointed out that her nasal skin was too thin a silicone implant. :x
Hm, I know you maybe not like the idea, but have you contacted JW and asked them if they would offer revision for free? As far as I know many people offer free revision or will at least give you discount, however if you don´t feel safe with them, it´s of course understandable.

Most of the time revision is more expensive, since doctors have to do "more" compared to a primary rhino, taking implants outs etc.

About revision surgeon: Hm April31´s Dr. Kim Jaehoon surely is great and so far I haven´t come across a bad review about him, however he´s definitely on the pricier side. ^^` Maybe you can try to contact them and see what they offer to you.

Fighting!

Wish you a nice weekend. :biggrin:

This is an update to my last post. If you had not read, I had a silicone I implant and ear cartilage for my primary rhinoplasty in korea. Everything turned out well, except i noticed that my ear cartilage on my tip is kind of bumpy. I suspected warping. It's been 5 yrs since i got the surgery.

I went to the dr. i originally went to, and what a difference 5 years makes! He was a lot meaner (was it due to cockiness since i went to his clinic when he first opened it) and more jaded. When I went to him the first visit, he was so upbeat and positive. I wonder what had changed.

Any ways, he said that my skin was thinning and that is why the cartilage is showing on my nose nip. WHAT? It's thinning? im still in my 20s. He said it would get worse, and he suggested for me to get this procedure that everyone does now. They take some skin above your tailbone and implant it in your nose. The drawback is it will absorb. From my research on naver, it seems as though it has very natural results. However, he recomennded me to get the thick skin implanted OVER my ear cartilage and silicone to combat my skin thinness. This didn't make much sense to me. It just seemed like a way to cover up the bumpy cartilage rather than fixing the problem.

I just wanted to mention that this procedure is out there for those who are interested in something really natural. Though it seems good, i think the results are semi-permanent. I still need to visit more clinics to find out more about this procedure

Marykayla, did you go to VIP? Banked cartilage has a shelf life. Rib may absorb more in revision cases, but there are lots of determining factors. I've done a lot of reading on this. PM me to chat about it.

Depressed, I hope you're feeling better.

Hi Depressed,

Like what VampireKnight mentioned, I find it weird as well that Dr.Suh did not talk about the thickness of your skin. From my experience he does very natural rhinoplasty and I wouldn't expect him to do something dramatic, let alone something that wasn't even discussed in the consultation.

Sorry if I sound skeptical of your review, but your experience is definitely opposite of mine. I wanted my nose smaller and thinner but Dr.Suh said "no" and told me what was the appropriate size and shape for my face. I was happy that it was natural and hardly noticeable that I got a NJ. I'm planning my trip and highly considering going back to him but after seeing your post it made me skeptical whether I should or whether your a real person or not.

I've been on this forum for awhile and i've seen clinics bash others on this forum and write fake reviews (The user "dan4me" was actually a consultant and wrote on this forum, sending out photos and promoting BK Hospital, she's actually this girl http://english.bkhospital.com/story/story01_view.asp?idx=673&sort=2 ) You would be surprised at how many clinics monitor this forum and have consultants post on here.

You've only had a few posts and it starts off with a negative review of a clinic that's why I'm also questioning your credibility. But I do sincerely apologize if you are someone who truly had a bad experience with your rhinoplasty, so I hope you can understand, as someone planning a trip back to Korea I just want to make an informed decision on the clinics.

Hi hi, I think I need to clarify myself.

First of all, I am really really really not a consultant. I came across this forum when I was Googling about silicone implant failures because my skin responded badly to the implant. :sad:

Secondly, I wrote in my first post here: "I had my surgery done with Dr. Suh of JW. I don't think he's a bad doctor; I think I'm unhappy with the results because I did not let him know specifically what I wanted." I still stand by my opinion that Dr. Suh is not a bad doctor. He is reputable and I believe that he did the best he could in my case. The problem with my results is that I, my OWN self, did not do enough research about rhinoplasty. I didn't know about the risks of silicone implants, I wasn't sure what had to be done in the first place to "fill" the depression; so when Dr. Suh suggested a silicone implant to "fill" the depression and also in effect, raise the bridge, I listened to him. When he suggested reducing the sides of my nose by "a little bit", I didn't clarify how "little" that bit really was, and it turned out more than I wanted. I don't blame Dr. Suh at all. If anything, he was really kind to me during the consultation. However, he did not mention anything about my skin. :sad: This I am sure of. And if it is any consolation, neither of the two other doctors I spoke to mentioned my skin either. I suppose my skin is relatively thick but still didn't respond well to the surgery?

Thirdly, I came onto this forum for advice. I initially didn't even want to mention the clinic I went to but I figured that people would ask eventually, so I mentioned it anyway. My first post was a negative post, I admit, but it wasn't a negative post towards JW. It was a negative post about my own regrets. :sad:

I'm sorry if my post sounded skeptical. I genuinely wanted advice, that was all. I hope you have a good surgery, though. :smile:

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier. When I asked him if I should do alarplasty, he said I didn't need it. So he definitely wasn't pushy about anything. I just trusted his opinion about the implant and bulbous reduction.

You mentioned: "From my experience he does very natural rhinoplasty and I wouldn't expect him to do something dramatic, let alone something that wasn't even discussed in the consultation."

Whatever he did to my nose, we also definitely discussed during consultation. The implant and the bulbous nose reduction.

Hope that clarified things further. :smile:

Okay thanks for clarifying. Apologies if I sounded like i'm picking on you, I'm just looking for valuable information and it's hard with all the polluted information in here.

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go great with JW, I really hope you can have a better result on your revision. You should ask for a discount or something, maybe they will give?