BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hi Nuevo,

Even after a couple of months, the tip still got rock hard and HUGE (like, pre-nose-job huge) whenever I ate really badly the night before. Then I'd eat really healthy for a few days, and it'd go back to being soft and natural. I also noticed a tendency for the nostrils/columella to go crooked whenever it was hard, and then it would go straight once my nose softened up and de-swelled.

Thankfully, the doctors are right in that the crookedness comes from swelling -- in fact, I pinpointed the exact spot/bump (?) inside my nose where it became hardened during my "swell days," and it would lean to the left side due to the weight of the swollen areas.

It sounds like you've had a severe case of swelling. I'm not a doctor, but what you said about your upper lip and not being able to flare your nostrils sounds precisely like someone who (like myself) has had unusually extreme and long-lasting swelling. I, too, noticed that during my swollen days, my nose is as hard as a rock, but during my good days I've been able to not only flare my nostrils, but wrinkle my nose (and I had a 5 mm implant, so that says something). I know a lot of posters look and feel gorgeous like 1 month (or even a couple of weeks) after surgery, but not all of us heal that well or that quickly.

The shininess, unfortunately, is probably permanent and is a result of silicone, so if you don't like that, you'd have to get the implant replaced with rib or some other material.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time I talked with him which was quite a while ago he quoted me around 5000 usd or cnd i cant remember for rib rhinoplasty. i think the price also included nasal bone narrowing though. not bad compared to the high prices in some korean clinics.

yes, I'm VietNamese and now I'm planning to do nose surgery in Korea. Because allmost result after plastic surgery in VietNam so bad :sad:(

Plastic Surgery in VietNam have big scandal. One doctor plastic surgery famous in VietNam, make patient died, and he throw dead body into river . Until now, everybody try to find dead body of her in river, but they can not find. Everybody are very shock, because : Why a doctor can do that.

So everybody in VietNam very scared, and don't believe to plastic surgery in VietNam

k couture where did you have your rib rhinoplasty and who removed it later?

I had that done in LA with Dr Charles Lee who was on the Tyra Banks show. He was absolutely awful. All marketing zero skill, I have yet to have it removed. But Im heading down to Seoul to get it taken out and replaced using a new rhino method next year. Went to several hospitals an clinics in gangnam in Nov and finally picked a place.

Anyways to answer your question, the rib bone used is defined as rib cartilage. There's also another method that uses Ear cartilage which is what I used.The ear cartilage method has poor shape control as its meant to give the appearance of height building through more volume. That method takes advantage of the thicker skin Asians have tend to hide the irregularity of the shape. It basically involves dicing the cartilage into small pieces and rolling it with scalp tissue.

Rib rhino is alot more invasive than the method i used and while the shape is more well supported than the ear cartilage, the shape will still never be as perfect as an artificial implant. It also has a higher chance of deviation because if you compare cartilage to silicone for example, silicone has an under surface that is designed to hold firmly to the implant site while cartilage harvested can only be manipulated to a certain degree.

Honestly if you have thicker asian skin, go with a simple silicone. Avoid goretex as it cannot be easily removed. If you have thin caucasian skin, go with the cartilage as caucasian skin has a higher rate of infection for artificial implants.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Charles Lee - he has bad reviews. I'm confused - did you use rib or ear cartilage?

The technique of using diced ear cartilage wrapped in fascia can b unreliable. Some people see absorption and some have visible graft.

Are you willing to share pics? Where are you going in Gangnam? PM me?

I havent had any absorption yet, tho Im hoping i do because the graft is very visible on me and the cartilage is semi pushing out. Im lucky i know how to cover it with make up lol. Im going to the Dream Clinic is Gangnam. Ill write a post tomorrow about my consultations in Seoul, what to look out for, how to select procedures so maybe that will help anyone looking to pick a clinic mot suitable to them

Oh my goodness, I think we are in the exact same situation! I felt like I could relate to every single thing you wrote, down to the bit about family (I force-talked my way into getting it done and every single day my mum will sigh and say she wish she had done whatever she could to stop me, even if it meant tying me down...).

Oh my goodness I honestly believe we are in the exaaact same situation! I could relate to every single thing you wrote, even down to the bit about family. I was talking to my mum that day and she told me that she wished she had done everything in her power, including tying me down, to stop me from going for surgery. :sad: She feels like she's responsible for giving me the "opportunity" to fly to Korea and get surgery, and in essence "ruining her beautiful daughter's face".

I am an intrinsic perfectionist too!! Funnily enough, there were some imperfections of my old nose (slightly deviated, wide alars) that didn't really bother me before I underwent rhinoplasty; I was only bothered by that "depression" on my bridge. But post-surgery, all these minor imperfections seem to have magnified. Meddling with the middle part of my nose and leaving everything else untouched kinda left it less harmonious than before. Despite not quite liking my old bridge, I realise now that it was the old bridge + bulbous nose combo that matched the rest of my nose and my face as a whole. :sad:

As for the part about obsession with research... me too! I've been researching so much but there's just so much more I "can't" know because I don't even know what EXACTLY was done to my nose to begin with, and what I can or can't do given these extenuating circumstances. I know how exactly I want my nose to look, I just don't know what it's going to take to get there. :sad: And I'm honestly too scared/traumatised to take the risk. Most days I tell myself that I look way better now than before but then I'll take selfies on my phone and make before & after collages with old photos in similar positions/lighting and I can't help but feel a pang of regret every time I see just how different I look to myself. Like you, looking in the mirror and not being able to recognise my own reflection is the most heart-breaking feelings I've ever had to experience. :sad:

I haven't contacted JW for a report on what was done but I probably will soon. I'm scared to go back to the same place. But I'm scared of going to a new place too. :sad: </3 I don't know what to do, I just wish I had a magic wand that could do it for me in a tap. I'm never undergoing any other type of cosmetic surgery from here on out; no matter how much I dislike something, I'm not going to risk losing a part of me ever again.

Thank you for your reply though, I feel like I finally have someone I can relate to.

I'm not sure, still looking around for doctors. I've never heard of granD before, but their b&a pics look amazing. how much are they quoting you for rhino?