BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Woo! long time lurker first time poster.

I'm planning to go to Korea end of April to May. I have a couple of concerns because I've been digging through the threads for hours and my opinion cannot stop swaying.

1) If I want my nose bridge to be very slightly taller, is there an alternative to artificial implants?

2) I remember seeing a "list of blacklisted clinics" that was in Korean and people kept saying it was not true then it was true and I'm just really confused about that. Is that really a published black list??

3) Finally, what would you say tip + slight bridge work would cost on a virgin nose? I've seen people say the average is 3-4 mil won and I've received two quotes in the 4.5-5.5 range :l

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. alternative to artificial implants are fat graft, cartilage graft (ear or rib or skull tho i dont think many places use skull anymore), dermis (although donor material is more common, the product commonly used it called auto derimis). I don't know much about the post results for dermis or fat graft tho the few people on this forum who have had it like the results. If you have a virgin asian nose and want a high very straight bridge, go with silicone + septum for the nose tip via close rhinoplasty. From experience I believe this tends to yield the highest chance at obtaining a good aesthetic result. Rib and ear cartilage is more invasive, has to be done through open rhino which can cause scarring both internal and external (internal can causes nostrils to be uneven) and its more difficult to get the shape nice and straight. A humpy and/or with cartilage bumps on the bridge does happen at times with this procedure. It depends on the surgeon, the condition of your nose pre op and the height you want to achieve.

2. dunno bout blacklisted clinics but when i read about too many negative reviews of a clinic even tho i read some good ones too, i automatically place it in my personal blacklist lol. why take the risk right?

3. ive been quoted for a revision rhino 4.5 million won at one of the more expensive clinics. Virgin noses are generally cheaper. Artificial implants are cheaper too than using cartilage grafts. Open rhino tends to cost more than closed too so you can gauge the price points like that.

hope that helps x

Hi Lexxx0890,

Actually, I like your nose. I really do! It looks nice and very nature - just like you were born with it. Can you tell me more in detail, like how many mm of your bridge if you know. Besides ear cartilage for your tip, did he have to use septum cartilage to extend the length of your nose and make your tip more project? I have an appointment with him next month and would very much appreciate your response. Basically, so I know how to describe your nose with him.

i quite like your nose too actually. Only thing i noticed is that the bridge seems a bit too thick and the tip isn;t too flexible. Revisions are difficult. If you can learn to like your current nose would be better because its actually quite nice :smile:.

Ill be in korea around that time too actually!

K Couture, long time no see:smile: I will be there around the mid month Feb, how about you?

Hi K Couture,

What will you be doing? I'm also heading to Korea in May. :smile:

I hope to finalize with an informed decision upon consultations. Will be there only a few days. I lean toward Shimmian but not so sure about Gore-Tex. Will see what he recommend.

yeah at the moment im leaning towards Park Yang Soo from Dream for my revision rhino using ultra soft silicone placed underneath the muscle. But I want to visit Shimmian and another clinic before i make my final decision.

yeah gore tex can be more difficult to remove once you have it in your nose should you not be happy with the results. Thats one of my concerns because my nose has goretex AND diced cartilage with scalp tissue.

Hey, I am planning to go there in the end of may, have u ever heard about Dr park from oz? how was it ? I just got the reply from there, sound like he is a good Dr. There are so many clinics, so confused.

hey I am planning to stay there around the same time, at the end of May and middle June, what are you going to do?

someone from this forum had a calf reduction and liked her results with Dr Park from Oz but I had a bad experience with him so i crossed him off my list. Your best compiling a list of the clinics that specialize in the procedures you want then making a decision after your consultations with the surgeons. I was leaning towards Oz too at the start being he gives detailed responses and is proficient in english during our e-mail exchanges but things changed completely for me after i had my consultations with him and other surgeons.

hey thank you , yeah, i have read your post yesterday, now i need to reconsider oz... how long are you planning to stay in Korea ?