BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

How longs the wait to hear back from the online consultation? It's been 2weeks wait :sad:

I'm afraid when I go, there'll be a lack of communication. How would I schdule for airport pick up when there's a lack of communication etc. all my unanswered question that I rely on the clinic that's going to cut my face open to answer.

Is it just best to do an on site consultation? do they accept walk ins? Would I be able to have surgery the day after the on site consultation? Or have to confirm it months in advance. I'm sure this is all simple and I'm complexing it. But coming from the states and having a restriction with time and language is scary.

K Couture thank you..if possible I'd like to pick your brain for more information.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far all the surgeons i have seen in Seoul have been fairly proficient in English, to the point where i feel they understand exactly what my concerns are and what my needs are. All except BK. The head surgeon there pissed me off so much with his attitude. Its not even that he didn't understand English its that he was arrogant and dismissive of my concerns. I just crossed that clinic out right away.

Yeah online consultations are very pointless. You get the most vague and general information that is not specific to your case. The most i do is send them an e-mail with my concerns and request an appointment with the surgeon. Whether you can have the surgery the next day all depends on the clinic and how busy they are. Do not rush into it. It is your face! Revisions are much more complex and difficult and potentially more stressful on your body. So take the time to make your decision. Go home and internalize it first. I find alot of first timers (like myself back a few years ago) rushed into it at the prospect of looking more beautiful and came out with unsatisfactory results. For that I take partial responsibility too for my impatience.

You shouldn't need to schedule airport pick up. Cheapest way is to use a shuttle bus to go into the central city then take a taxi from the bus terminal to your hotel. Some shuttle buses also stop directly at certain hotels. But definitely make your appointment for a consultation with the surgeons in advance. You don't want to risk being turned away from a walk in especially if you are paying for an international flight to Seoul.

Thanks for the detailed information on hotels, K Couture; I agree with Moody, you are such an excellent source of information, and I am grateful!

I wholeheartedly agree with this.Yet I can already start feeling the effect of excitement and impatience beginning to affect my judgment, now that surgery could be a real prospect for me this summer after all these years. Are you saying that people sometimes have multiple trips, first for the consultations and then the actual surgery later on if a surgery cannot be booked? I do not know if this is possible for me, given financial constraints on my family and the fact that I am a student. I'm currently waiting to hear if there are deposits involved for reserving a timeslot, I won't book if there are associated fees.

yeah alot of people do that if they want to give themselves the time to internalize all the information they've received from the surgeons and make a decision as best they can. That's what i did lol. I literally flew in for a few days piled several consultations within the time frame then flew out.

And if you go there wanting to get surgery right after consultation, call and discuss it with your friends and family. Write down all the information during your consultations so maybe they can give you a different perspective. With regards to not being able to surgery not being able to be booked, it depends on the clinic.

So my nose got hit by a ball yesterday while playing volleyball lol. I am about 2 months post-rhinoplasty. Amazingly, everything looks the same. Implant is still at its place, so is the ear cartilage. It did hurt and I was really worried, but damn, my new nose is is still intact.

Lol totally agree with you. I will be your customer

700000-1.5M? it's hard to say bc different clinics have different prices

K Couture,
How are you?
I have a question for you, counselor:smile:
Did you use your cell phone for communication while you were in Korea? My phone company suggested to unlock my cell and to buy a sim card in Korea at the airport. Have you done this before? Please advise.

You can look up for the related post in this threat below, perhaps just scroll back or forward a few pages. Good luck.

# 466.html#post23052618
or this one even better, complete detail and photos:

http://livelovedream.ca/rhinoplasty-fat-graft-recovery/#more-1407

yeah I did. I just went to the airport to get it. Definitely do that. Google translate and gps comes in very handy in Seoul, esp when ure in a taxi. Most drivers dont speak english but if you use google translate then it should be fine. Tho i also had a back up. I would go to the front desk and get them to write the address of the hotel and the clinics in korean so i can flash it to the drivers

Uhhh one thing tho do not leave the airport until you make sure the sim is working on ure phone. Me and my friend had issues getting the sim card to work on our iphones. Luckily we had not left the airport yet and went into the store and got the staff to tamper with the settings for us then it worked. I got my simcard from the convenience store at the airport.

Great! thanks:smile:
I will be going to Korea next week, for consultations only. Will keep in touch!

I am planning on going to Seoul on April 5, 2014, staying until April 19th for rhinoplasty, including possible rib graft for bridge, narrowing of nose, alar reduction and tip refinement.

So far my list of doctors who I want to meet with are:
1. JW, Dr Suh Man Koon
2. Dreams, Dr. Park Yang Soo
3. April 31, Dr. Kim Jae Hoon
4. SMPS, Dr. Lee
5. Fresh Rhinoplasty (or Magic Noses??), Dr. Ahn

Has anyone had rhinoplasty done by any of the above? Thoughts?

Also, please email me at [email protected] if you will be there at the same time; we can meet up for dinner, shopping, coffee, whatever and will be fun.