BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

From your list i am only familiar with Park Yang Soo. Planning to get my surgery in May and i been asking forum members who have had surgery at dream. Couple of them sent me their before and after was reallly well done. However, as far as i am aware dream does not use rib graft. They use either ultra soft silicone under nasal muscle, dermal graft (manufactured) and sometimes they do the dermal graft with fat graft for extra height.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi K Couture,

Does Dream do eyes well too? Cos I'm planning to do eyes, nose and FG in May..

Yeah they do eyes. I think some members on this forum told me that someone had an eye revision there that didn't turn out well. I have yet to find the post yet tho so if someone knows of it could you link it here. That way we can know the context and situation.

Also, in my review of dream I mentioned that a female surgeon was assigned to me for lateral canthoplasty. I was not comfortable with her as she did not give me the impression that she was skilled and confident from the questions i was asking her. So i asked Dr Park, the head surgeon to perform it. He basically touched my eyes and told me he does not recommend that procedure in my case because the red of my eyes may show after the surgery. This tells me that the female surgeon i saw earlier was not as skilled or conservative as he was. My thought is that perhaps whoever experieced a bad revision at Dream had the surgery performed by the female surgeon.

Anyways i selected Dream not because of the clinic, but for the 2 surgeons who i felt comfortable performing my surgery.

Thanks so much, K Couture, you're so well-informed!

This is my first and hopefully only rhinoplasty. I'm still questioning what type of implant or grafting I should do to extend my bridge (I don't want it too high because I have very little right now and still want to be identifiable). The only reason I was leaning toward rivb grafting (although very invasive) was because it's all natural and I really like that idea opposed to something artificial in my body. Now I'm rethinking silicone, the ultra soft kind and ear cartilage for the tip...

What are differences between ultra soft silicone implant and dermal grafting? Also, would appreciate any info on narrowing the middle section/bone of my nose.

K Couture, too bad you're not going in April, would have liked to meet up....

Hey everyone! I've gotten a couple responses from clinics and I just wanted to share it here.

Wonjin:
4.5 -5.5 mil KRW (just stated the price, and took a while to respond)

Grand:
3.45 - 3.75 mil KRW [nasal bone augmentation with high soft silicone, nasal tiplasty with septal cartilage]
They also recommended an alar base reduction, but I can't tell if its included in the price.

Pitangui:
3 - 3.5 mil KRW [Nose Bridge Augmentation (silicone implant) + Nose tiplasty (with ear cartilage) ]
I managed to talk them into getting me a free Fraxel skin laser session so that's pretty cool.
I asked about the alar base reduction and it costs 500,000 KRW to 800,000 KRW

Life:
Augmentation + Tiplasty (high soft silicone + septal cartilage): 2.75 - 3 mil KRW
Short nose correction: 700,000 - 770,000 KRW
Alar base reduction: 700,000 - 770,000 KRW
Life gave me by far the most detailed response. They typed up a Word document with a table of the information I provided and a table of what Dr. Rhee suggested. It took a pretty long time for them to e-mail me back, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail and explanation of each procedure in the response.

I have yet to receive an answer from Dream..

Also protip for those e-mailing for consultation: Make sure you include a budget.. I've written emails without a budget included and have been quoted 5 - 5.5 mil KRW for a basic rhinoplasty + tiplasty -_-.

Hi guys,

I'm heading to seoul on April 19th to do a nose revision, double eyelid surgery (possibly, as I already have pretty big double eyelids but just want to remove a little bit of skin cause it falls sometimes if I dont get enough sleep), and fat graft for forehead and chin. I'm going with VIP as they are doing my nose revision for free :smile: Let me know if you are going around the same time! The recovery process was so bad for my primary nose job 2 years ago so it'll be nice to meet some of you =)

Also, I found this link:
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25882445/#Comment_25882445
where the girl talks about her bad experience at VIP :sad:
I had almost the same experience.. where my nose turned out way too high and a bit crooked? I was told it was cause of my thick skin and the fact that I had a small case of bumping my nose after the surgery thats why it was crooked but it was like that as soon as I took the cast off so Im not so sure >< Im really scared now is this a regular thing where they make the nose super big? I originally went to them for bulbous nose reduction but after wards I just felt it was a lot higher and width didnt get smaller... also its very crooked in pictures. Ive always heard thick skinned nose cant be made that much smaller so maybe thats why but this girl seems to have gotten a really good surgery in TW. Should I get it done some where else instead even if VIP is willing to offer free revision? :sad:

oh thanks for that liara that's a very good idea to send them a budget. I never thought of that! Dream's translator only works on certain days. If they do not respond call them. That's what i did lol.

from experience people who want a slight augmentation because they want to be identifiable often end up going to get it redone to make it higher again. I always tell the surgeons make it as high as possible in a conservative manner, that is height without the risk of tissue complication. A nose augmentation won't make you unrecognizable it will just improve ure overall look. When people look at your face they register not only your nose but your facial structure, eyes etc. A nose augmentation can only be done to a certain heigh depending on your skin elasticity and original structure anyway. That's why i believe the higher the better, because the limit is based on your original nose.

I can totally understand how one can prefer the idea of having something artificial in your body vs something natural. However I believe that notion should be secondary to potential results. So far, the number of complications i have seen and read about on websites and on this forum, that members pm me, of my friends who have gotten rib/ear grafts and myself who have gotten cartilage grafts, the ratio of bad exceeds that of the good. The main problem which i have experienced with my own cartilage graft is an irregular shape and protruding cartilage. Most of my friends who have gotten rib grafts have ended up with a curved hooked like nose and many of the forum members who pm me experience the same thing. At the end of the day i firmly believe the silicone yields much better results. I mean if all these patients had it done at the same clinic and end up like this then perhaps we can conclude that its due to the skill of a particular surgeon. But everyone i have spoken to seems to have gotten it done at different clinics, not just in seoul but in australia, hong kong and the us. I think its safe of assume this is a common occurrence.

I did have one friend who still looked ok from a cartilage graft. Its because she had so little done that her thick skin covered any irregularities. But it looked like she didn't even have anything done to begin with lol to the point where it doesn't even look like an improvement :S

Differences between the soft silicone and dermal graft, well they are completely 2 different implants but i dont know enough about dermal graft to comment. Dr park at dream told me that it is some kind of tissue harvested from near the lower spine area. Its even softer compared to the ultra soft silicone. He told me that in the event he thinks the skin of my nose is too thin for the ultra silicone, (the previous cartilage graft left a slight derformity near the top of my bridge with the cartilage protruding), he would then use a dermal graft on me. However the dermal graft he would be using is not harvested from me but by a donor graft that's been treated and manufactured called Auto Dermis. (basically taken from a dead person) So in a way it is both natural and artificial i guess haha.

with regards to narrow the nasal bone, im not familiar with that so you best ask someone else. hope that helps :smile:

i wouldn't go to the same clinic to do your nose even if its free.....my motto is botch me up once and you will never get to cut me open again.

K Couture, you should hire out as a professional consultant; very thorough and knowledgeable, thank you :smile:

I agree that a subtle change is not a good idea, why would I want anything that resembles what I already have if I don't like it at all lol. After more research and reading your note, I think I'm probably going with the ultra soft silicone for the bridge.

Top two choices are April 31 Dr. Kim and Dreams Dr. Park. Do you know what days (Korean time) there is an English translator on site to make appointments and/or a contact name? I have to set it for early April.

Many thanks !!

Hi. I also got mine done with VIP. I like the result but wish it could be taller and a bit longer of a tip. My nose is smooth but I could feel a slight ridge on the right upper portion. If I decide on revision, I'd probably go back to Dr. Lee and be more specific. I agree with K Courture, don't ask for natural height, you'll want higher later. If it looks too high the first several months, just wait, when the swelling goes down it will look good hopefully not low. I know. :lol:

me too, i would never go back to the unskilled person who couldn't do it right the first time! or the clinic who hired him...

i think many who want subtle results want it bc they're not sure about wanting surgery. i think you should be 100% sure before you have surgery. crissyQ i agree so much! ha ha i wouldn't want a little different from what i want now, i want it completely different but still not fake looking. like, if it's possible someone is born with that nose then it's not fake haha. but i think subtle can cause more pain than complete change. imagine if you get subtle and it goes wrong. then you regret not asking for a bigger change AND regret bad surgery AND regret it still looking like your old nose but worse. i think no matter what bigger change = less regret.