BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Soft silicone sounds like a promising option, but I'm still concerned about long-term results and if it has similar tendencies to protrude or shift, something that remains to be seen over the years.

That said, I'm thinking of discussing at my consultations only using cartilage... hoping to avoid rib grafting though if at all possible. Now, I am interested in exactly how septum and/or ear cartilage is used for augmentation of bridge and tiplasty. For this option, is the cartilage always diced and wrapped in fascia? Also, read on another forum that almost all Asian bridges can be built up using septum/ear cartilage and that the need to take rib is not a common case. My concern about diced cartilage is the possibility of unevenness, bumps or dents.

I have 5 consultations scheduled for the day after arriving in Seoul, but would love to have hear from others about it prior to going.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the method where they place the soft silicone under the muscle, which gives it a tight hold, should alleviate issues to do with implant shifting.

if you are adamant on using cartilage use rib. Do not even consider diced ear cartilage. It produces awful results. A while back I wrote an explanation from a world renowned surgeon detailing why the diced cartilage is not a suitable option if u want any significant augmentation. My current nose is the result of the diced cartilage. Unevenness, bumps, curving hooked nose and skin damage is what i have at the moment. If you want to use diced cartilage whether it be rib or ear, i suggest doing so only if you want a minor lift that is extremely subtle and hardly noticeable. That way your skin will be able to hide any irregularities. Ear cartilage for the tip is fine, so is septum. Septum for the bridge will never give you any significant augmentation tho so that's something to bear in mind. Rib while more invasive, will be more likely to give you better aesthetic results than the diced method. Basically the side effects is less likely to be as noticable as the diced cartilage. Aesthetically speaking the silicone will always potentially have the better shape and aesthetic result but higher risk of infection and risk of deviating.

There's no full proof option at the moment unfortunately. Maybe you should ask about the dermis graft maybe that would be a more suitable option for your needs.

Good luck on your consultations!

but what if the person died of a virus like a bird flu or something a lot worse?*they don't destroy the skin completely, they say it's purified but i don't think it can be 100% free of everything... scary thought. first a virus kills the person whose skin you get, then it kills you...

i am ok with anything that looks good and is safe but i'm afraid the dead skin implant is not safe... i really can't trust it if someone just says "it's safe it's safe", how can*I know that?*even your dr was smirking! haha.

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A WORRIER! LOL sometimes ure what ifs are valid but this time its like wayyy out of left field haha.

If someone died of bird flu they would not harvest the dermis from them :S. The auto dermis is also factory manufactured and treated so its different from a normal dermal graft. Not to mention that like a silicone or goretex, it is sterilized before being implanted into the patient. Your worry is the equivalent of being implanted with a contaminated silicone implant which is highly unlikely because of the protocols all licensed sugeons have to abide by when performing a procedure. :P

Hi CrissyQ, if you do not mind me asking, what clinics are you considering for rib? I have talked with VIP, Banobagi, also heard O&Young may do rib

Also K Couture, when you say silicone produces better results in 'shape', what do you specifically mean by 'shape'? Based off B&A photos, at least the side profile results look similar to me. Do you mean the bridge slope, the tip, etc.?

i mean the bridge. SIlicone is manufactured therefore the shape is perfectly straight on the bridge and proportionate on the sides too. For tip, even with silicone the surgeon will use either septum or ear cartilage for it. Very few surgeon these days would be unprofessional enough to use the L shaped silicone implant because it has a high rate of infection. They would be using the I shape + cartilage/septum.

When you see the B&A of the rib or ear cartilage for bridge, bear in mind those are the surgeon's best results. It is not representative of the common aesthetic side effects from using cartilage. Also bear in mind certain clinics in Korea and known for using photoshop. Some of the fourm members here have posted links of clinics who have been caught out using them.

Hi K Couture ! I'm a new member and I can't pm for u , I want we will exchange more , You are knowledgeable about plastic surgery so I u can help me to ******** board , i did rihnoplasty 2 time , the first time 8 years ago but it's only silicone , and now I did rihnoplasty 2 years ago by ear sun and silicone but it not good job and I just removed implant , I feeling my nose better now , I want I will go to Korea for revision rihnoplasty and face surgery , I want I will send my pictures and u can give me a few suggestions for my face surgery , thank you so much !

Hi Kcouture , thank you reply to me , and now 3 posts , I hope when I have 10 posts and I can PM to you , sorry English for me don't well , u live in Australia ? I'm too , I at Brisbane but now I moved second country ..

:smile: , hi Kcouture , I'm from VN , I'm Asian , My husband live in Australia when was young , I did came Australia and live Brisbane along time , I did travel to Sydney and I want go to Mel too but I don't have time . We have a son nearly 3 years , and now I 28 years , I just surgery rihnoplasty but I felling very sad because 3 time rihnoplasty but it not beautiful , doctors made a mistakes , and I wrong when doctors ... made mistake for me 2 time , and I just removed implant but ear sun not remove because ear sun in my nose 2 years ago and it's hard to remove , I want go to Korea and do revision rihnoplasty and face surgery , ear sun in my nose if u look get for me u can see my nose is not straight , I hope doctor in Korea do good job my nose by surgery to rearrange my ear sun and new implant for me , alars too !
When I pm for u , I will send all pictures for rihnoplasty I did
Thanks

Yeah I remember reading something about photoshop allegations a thread back but I no longer can find the posts anymore! Do you happen to remember some of the places mentioned?

Also, is there anyone who has had experience with O&Young clinic? I heard they do rib and silicone, but for some reason when I consulted with them over sina, they said they only do silicone. Yet a lot of posts here and elsewhere, there's mention of satisfaction with their work in rib. Still haven't decided material yet so it would be nice to confirm that the clinic also does rib, so both options in 1 place!

EspressoLatte,
Currently I have consultations scheduled for Dream, April 31, JW, SMPS and Fresh Rhinoplasty in the second week of April; this was done with the thought of using a soft silicone implant.
I am also in contact with Dr. Wang Ting from China who happens to be in the United States presently, and he suggested I consult with him while he's here for rib grafting.
After much deliberation, I'm leaning using rib grafting as I would like to have one surgery and never have to worry about adverse, long-term effects. I'm willing to undergo a more invasive surgery now rather than have the small risk of problems that would require a revision in the future. Dr. Wang seems to have an incredible eye for aesthetics, so I hope to meet up with him this week if his schedule permits.
Hope that helps!