BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been interested in dr.wang for a long time, and he is the only surgeon so far that I would consider to do rhinoplasty with. His aesthetic is very nice and he is a very honest and straight forward doc. Please let me know how ur meeting goes if u end up being able to see him :smile:

thanks alot for the info, very informative. will keep all of this in mind :smile:

Last weekend I had an excellent consultation with Dr. Wang after he attended a professional conference re rhinoplasty in Dallas. He was very informative and responsive and took the time to discuss all my options; I really liked his disposition as well as trusted his opinion. We talked about using donor rib versus my own rib cartilage versus an implant versus septum and ear cartilage, the specific aesthetics that I desired, what my expectations were regarding the end results and what he could do realistically. Dr. Wang listened carefully to what I said and, in the end, proposed that I send photos so that he could do imaging for me to visualize better the outcome.

Next step is to find an open time with him as his calendar is booked solid. Stay tuned.

Are you gonna go to Dalian for the procedure?

Seriously considering Dr, Wang now. Out of all the B&As his look the most promising. My only concern would be that it's too "dramatic". I love his frontals but the side profile or the 45 angles are just massively insane. I'm just going to assume the pictures are taken a week or so after the surgery and that it's still swollen(?). Anyhow, if anyone has gotten their nose done at Dr. Wang- you mind shooting me your B&As? Most appreciated! ^__^v

They will not show before and afters one week post op. The swelling is still to intense to warrant exact results. Usually its 6 months down the track at least. Before and afters are also very inaccurate btw. So i would suggest not picking a surgeon based on before and afters

I understand where you are coming from, and I've really debated with myself over the past few years whether it was just my expectations are too high, or perhaps it's just impossible to make a smaller and more defined tip on a bolbous nose with thick skin, or perhaps its just Dr.Lee is not skilled enough in reduction of noses but focus more on making them bigger, which is exactly opposite of what I wanted.

However, at this point Dr.Lee still knows best what he originally did to my nose, and I don't believe he did a terribly bad job - the hump may have very well be due to scar tissue which is out of his control. The tip, to be honest, does not look smaller at all from the front view, except that its raised a lot more which makes it a more defined and less fat looking, but also give it a square shape and a bit uneven which makes it look really weird/unnatural in pictures. HOWEVER most of the before and after pictures I've seen of really bigger tips like mine (I'm not talking about the smaller "bulbous") has this effect as well. This time I am primarily looking for him to remove the scar tissue build up and more fatty tissue and perhaps try to think out the sides of the tip so it doesnt look so square, and also correct the uneven-ness of the tips.

I guess perhaps I should look for another surgeon specializing in this area, but I'm just not ready to spend a few thousand on this and take more risks. I still believe that Dr.Lee is a skilled surgeon and I really don't think he would have errors such as removing too much tissue, so really the worst case is the nose looking the same as it is now. The communication from VIP has also been fantastic and they are offering me free revision and accommodations as well, so I'm very comfortable with dealing with the clinic.

Trying to keep a positive mind and always hoping for the best =) Let me know what you guys think though~

Please see the B&A photos that I had posted. I really don't know which one it was. I basically told him to just make my tip more narrow and defined back then. When I mean pronounced it means from all around. I have not met another asian girl with a tip as high as mine in real life lol. I met a few patients there, one had rib cartilage and two other girls who had really great results, but again their aim was to make the bridge and tip higher which is a different concern than mine.

Mine looked very piggy-ish after surgery. The tip actually did drop down quite a lot by 2 months~ be patient!