BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Crissy, hope you are ok and doing well! Did you eventually decide to go with Dr. Wang? Have you had the surgery already? Curious why you are nervous.. God bless and be strong. We are rooting for you here

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you already have it? please let us know how it went when you can. thank you :smile:

hey are you okay? I aldy set my mind on him, what happened actually now? mind sharing.?

So I got word back from Dr. Wang Ting about his views on ultra soft silicone and it seems he just prefers rib and septal for the most part.

I've also asked a few times for a quote on a full rhinoplasty but, seems very reluctant to give me even any sort of figure.... no idea why....

I'd really like to book my nose job with him but like someone here said, her scar from rib grafting is bad and the fact that he's not very clear nor quick with simple replies concerns me.

Hope you're alright... :/

Best of luck CrissyQ! I'm not sure if you have recently underwent the procedure, but I hope everything will be ok!

For those of you going to Korea, are you hiring a translator? Clinics tend to have English/Chinese-speaking staff, but is it still recommended to have one?

i don't think a doctor like that is worth it. he doesn't like replying emails, he didn't even reply my email at all! VIP only does rib rhino because they can charge the most. maybe he is the same. K couture has written that only very good doctors should perform rib rhino and most can't do it well. if he's so good why isn't every PS surgeon in China going to him to learn the technique? if they were I think we'd hear about it... there's no reason for a surgeon to refuse to do silicone, if a surgeon can do rib rhino well he can do silicone with his eyes closed. you're doubting so you should just forget about him. i wouldn't trust him either. by the way last i checked full rhino (rib) was 38000元 i think. i think long ago i saw something about silicone on his website, i think it said 5000-8000元 but then it was no longer there when I checked later. i thought that was weird too.

check the Why you shouldn't hire a translator thread

Hey anybody wondering I emailed dr wang( or whoever replied to my email) and asked them what the price range for a primary rib nose job was and they told me around $8500. Kinda pricey but definitely cheaper than VIP

I've been lurking here for a while now (months, I'm a really thorough researcher) and it was impossible to find any info on Dr Wang, whose before/afters are actually incredible. I mean, I really admire his aesthetic sense. It's good to see he's on the radar. Now to read endless first-hand accounts to satisfy my curiosity/anxiety...

I don't know when I'll finally actually go through with my expected rhinoplasty, probably next year or the year after, but I'm pretty fluent in Mandarin and almost-set on Dr Wang (barring anxiety regarding the whole China can be rather shady thing). So if anyone has vague plans to go there? Hit me up. :P

I've spent some time navigating the Chinese version of his website and there's much more posted there, which makes sense, but it irked me that I had to read shoddy Google translations because I'm basically illiterate in Chinese. There are some really impressive before/afters on there that aren't available on the English site, so if you haven't checked it yet I'd recommend you have a look there.

Oh, and waiting to hear back from you, CrissyQ. I hope all is and went well.

$8500, Seriously? I asked for a natural nose (nothing drastic) and Dr. Ting Wang quoted me $10000 USD for my primary nose job using silicone! When I asked him why it was so expensive for silicone, he never responded. I would definitely NOT go to a doctor who is unresponsive and for asking for so much money compared to what he quoted you. Maybe he's over charging me b/c I'm an international patient.. who knows.

Can I ask, from your previous rhino experience, is an L shape implant better or I shape implant better? My desire nose shape is like the S shape similar to Korean celebs (more natural looking) than straight and high nose like caucasians, which makes me inclined to L shape. However, some people complaint that L shape implant makes the tip too pointy, but I wonder how natural/curvy I shape implant can be. Or can we even choose the type of implant during consultation? Any input is appreciated!

I also didn't understand why I would need to go back after 6 months for a "touch-up/revision"... did he ever mention this to you when you contacted him?

I don't want to have to go and get a revision 6 months down the line for no reason.

And yeah, him not being very clear and contacting me back promptly is a big red flag- what if I had an urgent question, he'd take too long or just ignore me, which I don't even want to find out if he will or won't.

As far as him contacting me back, that's a bust but, I really wish there were more people who has had surgery with him speak about it- good or bad. It's so difficult finding real reviews with Asian surgeons since the patients are very private.

Anyhow, let me know if he ever does reply back to you.

Hey MaiQ! I haven't had a rhino with silicone, but from what I've seen, with an L shaped silicone implant, as you said can make the tip look unnaturally pointy, but can also thin the skin at the tip of your nose and extrude or become noticeably displaced because of its shape (as in, if it becomes a tiny bit crooked it would be very noticeable because the L extends all the way down). Of course, plenty of people are happy with their L-shaped implants, but they're generally not used too much anymore in favour of I-shaped implants and septal or ear cartilage to get the pointy tip, which feels better and has much less chance of extruding through the skin with time. It's a pretty popular technique in Korea now, I think.

Generally during a consultation the surgeon will ask you about what materials you prefer and such. You should also ask them if they use Goretex, which is usually carved to fit your nose and desired outcome, so that could be an option if you're looking for a concave bridge. Make sure you know the pros and cons of whatever implant you choose! :smile: