BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I plan to go to vip for alar reduction and rhinoplasty nose tip by using nose or ear cartilage). Do anyone know can i use local anaesthetics for this surgery? Because I am a bit afraid narcotherapy. Also, I will do revision asian eyelid surgery in Teuim. Which surgery should I do first? How long for another surgery?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u go to vip u can forget about using local anesthesia + sedation. Vip only does cartilage which requires the open rhino method plus general anesthesia. It is alot more invasive and prone to aesthetic side effects so i would reconsider especially if this is your primary rhinoplasty. If you choose to avoid cartilage which i would recommend, you could easily do a closed rhinoplasty with silicone plus septum or cartilage in the tip. Results are far more pleasing and less prone to aesthetic side effects such as unevenness, bumps and asymmetry. Using this method also does not require putting your body through general anesthesia as it is a far less invasive method. You just require local anesthesia + sedation.

is there a reason why you are not doing both surgeries at teuim?

wsm said that she is doing tip work.. I really dont know any surgeon that would recommend her to use silicone or closed for tip work. Some surgeons may not use anything at all and simply use suture or remove soft tissue but if she doesnt want her bridge done then why would anyone use a piece of silicone on her tip? I understand you are against cartilage but there is a difference between using it for bridge height and using it for a bit of tip definition.

She mentioned that she is doing rhinoplasty nose tip using nose and ear cartilage. So i assumed she is refering to both bridge and tip work because often surgeons would use septum OR ear cartilage for the tip. There's usually no reason to use both cartilages just for the tip area since in most cases not much is needed. Hence why i said that "you could easily do a closed rhinoplasty with silicone plus septum or cartilage in the tip."

Also there are surgeons who are able to do tip work via closed rhinoplasty. Which is why i said that if she is concerned about the use of general anesthesia, she can opt to find a surgeon who specializes in the closed rhino method. The closed method does not require general anesthesia. Sedation + local is all that is needed.

Hey kcouture, wanted to ask you about the anesthesia as well for rhino. Have you gone through both? In terms of patient experience what is the difference? For sedation did you really sleep through the whole thing?

ive used sedation + local anesthesia and general anesthesia before. Here's some of the differences

1) sedation ure awake but so drugged up you probably won't remember a thing. If you do remember some stuff it will be probably that u can hear sounds in the background

2) for sedation + local anesthesia you only need to refrain from food and water for a minimum of 3 hours. For general anesthesia is 10 hours minimum. Usually they advice you to stop all water and food intake after 12 midnight

3) you are guaranteed to constipate when you use general anesthesia so make sure u eat early and make sure the food is high in fiber so you pass your stool before you have your surgery.

4) with general anesthesia you wake up feeling weaker and heavier in the chest area than sedation

5) some clinics require tests to be taken before the surgery should you be going under general anesthesia as a safety precaution

my first ever sedation experience was at the Yanhee in thailand. So that hospital is really dodgey. The sedation and local anesthesia they gave me is of crap quality cos i was actually too awake for being drugged up and could feel them cutting into me. i was even moaning loudly in pain and asked for pain killers. so that was traumatizing. They didnt even bother to tell me i would be sedated at the start either i thought it would be general anesthesia all the way.

My second sedation was when i got my double eyelids done in Los Angeles. Now that one was well done as i was so sedated that i couldn't remember a single thing. Apparently they woke me up half way through so i could open my eyes and the surgeon could check to see if my eyes were symmetrical. But according to the surgeon and the nurse, i went into full on panick attack mode so they had to quickly knock me out again. I did not remember any of that occuring lol.

So anyways if your procedures allows u to do sedation by all means do it. Its much less stressful on your body. Do not worry about experiencing what happened to me during my first surgery at the Yanhee because as long as a good surgeon and good anesthesiologist using up to standard facilities and equipment is performing your surgery, you will be so drugged up you probavly won't remember a thing

Oh, my sedation experience at Wonjin was more like your general anesthesia.

The requirements were:

-- No food or drinks 6 hours beforehand
-- Completely asleep
-- Series of tests required for your safety

So, I think it depends on the clinic.

depends if its open or closed. open they use general closed they use sedation. they only use open if ure case is a severe revision that requires alot of work. If not then they use almost always prefer using closed since its less invasive. Of course, if you add other procedures to your closed rhino such as a full body lipo or v line then you will have to undergo general anesthesia

Thanks for K Couture relpy. I would like to alar reduction and rhinoplasty nose tip (only tip). VIP also said I have to fix nasal septal deviation in the same time. It is closed rhinoplasty?
They reason why I don't do nose job in teuim, is teuim good in doing revision asian eyelid surgery, but not famous in nose job. VIP is good in doing nose job. But I am still thinking about nose job, do you know any other good hospital for doing nose job?

If you dont mind i would like to correct you a little. VIP as a business specializes in nose jobs but they are not famous at nose jobs in a medical sense. That is, the 2 surgeons who run that clinic are not pioneers of any kind in the medical community. Vip is known because it is well marketed. Whether or not they are actually good at nose jobs is another story. I have spoken to some patients at vip who are mostly satisfied with their result and i have also spoken to patients who are unhappy with the results. So far the ones who are satisfied whom i have spoken to have stated that they feel their new nose is an improvement from their original nose but not without aesthetic flaws such as uneveness and over projection. You might want to do a detailed search of the forums to weigh up the reviews here carefully before actually deciding on VIP. Since you are only getting the tip done i would not say rule them out but if u do end up going with them and they attempt to convince you of using cartilage for ure bridge then leave and find somewhere else.

Also, do you have any breathing difficulties? If you do then it is reasonable to fix your deviated septum. If not then it is unnecessary. This is the one of the reasons why after i consulted with VIP i removed them from my list because they attempted to convince me that i had to fix my deviated septum. The truth in the matter is, and this is what i learnt after getting second and third opinions from Dr Park and Dr Mendelson, most people have some form of deviation in their septum. There are also people with deviated septums but with perfectly straight noses. There is no need to correct a deviated septum unless you have breathing problems. I feel that suggesting someone who has no breathing difficulties, like myself, to correct my deviation is an attempt to justify charging more for a rhinoplasty.

So with that, since Vip is suggesting for you to fix your deviated septum, it will be done via open rhinoplasty. Not closed. Like i said, it should only be a valid suggestion to you if you have breathing problems.

i would suggest not picking a clinic based on what you know of their reputation. By all means narrow your choices down based on that but when it comes to surgeon selection, you should do it by meeting the surgeons and being detailed about their proposed methodology, potential risks, pros and cons etc then seek out 2nd and 3rd opinions. Only then can you make the best decision for yourself and minimize complications from a bad decision

Thanks for telling me so many information. I feel hard to breath sometime, but i think is not serious. My nose is a bit leftward, only a little bit. As what you said, then I don't need to fix nasal deviated septum? Would you mind to tell me which Dr Park you consulted?

Park Yang Soo.

Also if you find it hard to breath then maybe you should consider getting it corrected. Before you do it tho, go to a few different clinics and have the surgeons examine you. i can only offer you general information which may or may not apply to your situation. No one will know the best option for you until you are at a face to face consultation. But definitely consult multiple clinics and get multiple opinions before deciding.

I posted my question in Dream's website. Hope they can answer me soon.
This is my nose. My mainly concern is that alar is too big. So the most surgery I would like to do is alar reduction. The reason why I want to do tip rhinoplasty as my tip is a bit round. If I don't do tip rhinoplasty, it will be weird after alar reduction. But I really don't wanna go general anesthesia. And I just want a nature nose. For this situation, can i only do alar reduction?

*I can't post photos here.

u can do tipplasty using closed rhino with sedation. So no need for general anesthesia. You need to find a surgeon who specializes in the closed method tho. Never let a surgeon who does not specialize in closed rhino perform a tipplasty via the closed method for u. There's a difference between a surgeon who knows how to do closed rhinoplasty and one who specializes in it. The latter primarily performs only closed rhinoplasty and also trained in it.

There's a good number of surgeons in korea who can use this method for you. Also, some surgeons might not even want you to undergo an alar reduction, depending on your case of course. A better option than alar reduction is tip projection, which in itself narrows the nose, including the nostrils while maintain the elasticity of your tissue.

Here's a good example. Find two satay sticks or thin sticks. Look in the mirror while shoving the sticks up your notrils and pulling it to the front. The effect you see is what a good tipplasty can potentially achieve: Tip definition and alar narrowing.