BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I don't want anyone to harvest my rib... however I don't want to use someone else's rib... and I don't want anything foreign in me.. so I might need to suck it up and go rib. You know..? That's why I kept considering Dr Lee from VIP.... but I hear crazy things about rib rhino too. If anyone here has had rib rhino I would looove to talk to you personally and would appreciate it. Thanks.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not support cartilage grafts for the bridge. Cartilage works fine for the tip but not necessarily for the bridge. So if all you want to do is tipplasty then cartilage is perfectly fine. Tho you will want to consult other surgeons who will suggest ear cartilage instead. That is less invasive than rib and yields good results too. The best you can do for yourself is to learn of the different methods available for your case and then consult surgeons who specialize in those methods. That will allow you to make the most informed decision by weighing the pros and cons of each.

K Couture... lengthening the short nose isn't tip plasty.... the reason why you need rib is because they need to ouch your nose down and use the rib to create a new and projected structure. So it isn't just tip plasty... it's much more complicated than that. This is why I was thinking either Dr David W Kim or Dr Lee from VIP. California VS Korea. $18,000 vs $11,000. I don't know anyone else who can give me any other advice. This is why I want to talk to people who has had rib rhinoplasty OR gone to VIP in Korea... I would go to Dr. David W Kim bnecause he's in CALI... close to my home... but he's too costly.

Refer to video from David w kim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfn8xLH-A54

-------- I hink I saw a good video from Aeone too... maybe I should look into Aeone too but I keep hearing that Dr Lee from VIP is the BEST rib doctor... does anyone know anything about Aeone?

AGAIN.. I don't need bridge height... I already naturally have height... I hope to post up pics soon. :smile: So maybe everyone can give me their thoughts? Thanks!

SUNRAY11 u were asking why i do not support rib rhino. So i was saying i do not support cartilage for the bridge but i do support it for the tip area as rib rhino is form of cartilage graft used for both the tip AND the bridge. So i was attempting to give you a specific response to your question.

Also you are incorrect in assuming that lengthening the short nose and tipplasty are different. To be specific yet again, upturn/short nose correction is considered a form of tipplasty. Just like how there are many different forms of rhinoplasty from shaving, reductions to different kinds of augmentation and graft use, there's also different kinds of tipplasty too. In fact, you may not be aware but most surgeons also consider tipplasty and even alarplasty as components of rhinoplasty. I merely suggested a less invasive method for you, which is using ear cartilage for the upturned nose correction. Whether you want to simply look into this less invasive method as an option is your choice

aone has very good results but in a subtle way. the noses look refined yet, natural... and I'm afraid it'll look almost too natural? also, I dislike the fact that he wants to do a brow lift in conjunction with the nose job.... I've seen someone else on here mention that he's wanted to do the same with her.

I'm assuming the brow lift will open up the glabella area to give the illusion of a longer nose (since most asians lack any volume in that region and hes mentioned it a few times on his blog) but, it' not my cup of tea.

I was wondering, would rib be ideal to get the most projection? I notice a lot of nose jobs just focus on the nose only.. so it makes the persons midface look flat yet the nose sticks out like a sore thumb.... I actually just want to push out my mid face area (under the nose.. called premaxillary?) and my tip projection. so could I use rib for projection of my overall nose, mainly tip and use ultra soft silicone for the bridge?

one way to make your midface more dimensional is through a concentric malar lift. It involves manipulating the muscle and soft tissue in the mid face area. Other methods include midface implants and fat grafting. I believe the concentric malar lift yields the best results if you are someone who wants to have a more dimensional face without the added volume. Looks very natural too. Fat graft is great if your overall face is somewhat gaunt and the added volume can also give a more youthful appearance.

If you opt for the ultra soft silicone method, its unlikely the surgeons would suggest rib for the tip because its too invasive for too little cartilage is required. Instead most surgeons who use this method would recommend either septum and or ear cartilage. Also, for tipplasty, you can get the same degree of projection from ear as that of rib.

I've looked up the malar lift, MACS lift, etc. and have had consultations but, all the surgeons I went to gave me the same answers: I would benefit more with Ultherapy.

Do you have any insight on premaxillary implants? I can't seem to find much info. on it other than what Dr. Wang and o&young seem to incorporate into their nose jobs for a retruded mouth/nose.

Much thanks! You're a sea of knowledge, K!

Hi everyone,

I have just booked my flight tickets to Korea & I will be heading there from June 12th- June 20th! I heard Dr. Suh Man-Koon from JW is famous for rhinoplasty so I'm planning to go to JW for my consultation. I called them up and the lady told me that I have to do a $500 deposit to secure my consultation & surgery booking (i'm planning on doing it on the same day). However, my cousin told me that I shouldn't(??) do the deposit because I won't get a refund if I were to pick another clinic over JW. I'm also thinking about Regen or VIP right now.. however I'm still open for other suggestions. :smile: Since I'm only going to be in Korea for a week, I don't really have time to spare while I'm there. I hope to do my surgery on the 13th of June so it gives me about a week to remove my stitches :P Should I put the deposit at JW?

Thanks so much!

do not put your a deposit or your credit card details down. You do not know what their cancellation policy is like and it will just be hassle to get the money back. Never pick your surgical procedures and your surgeon before even arriving in seoul. You have to meet the surgeon in person and be examined and go for multiple consultations for different opinions from other medical professionals. There's different approaches to obtaining what you want through surgery, its about picking the right and the best approach for your situation.

So no, do not put the deposit down, do not put your credit card down and do not select any clinic until you have done the above is the best advice i can give you. Good luck with your surgery

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to update you guys on my surgery. I finished the surgery a few hours ago and it went super well =) I had non-incisional eyelid and epi, nose revision, and fat graft at VIP. VIP has been soooooo accommodating and wonderful =D Every nurse and worker there is so nice ^^ I got picked up at the airport by VIP's driver and I'm staying at their officetel now. This place is so cute and has literally everything you need post surgery.

As for the results the fat graft and eyes are perfect. I really wish the fat graft would look like this forever but obviously that wont happen :'( I had double eyelids before but now they're higher and more deep set. Right now they're really swollen but I actually like how they look right now XD Anyway the eyelid surgery was the only part thats uncomfortable T_T I felt like they were stitching my eyeballs so it was horrible... well theres no pain but yah still scary. Dr.Song did my eyes and Dr.Lee did nose and fat graft.

Cant say anything for the nose but the revision swelling is sooo much less than the primary. I had my nose tip further reduced and deviation corrected, and the hump on the middle of my nose removed. I will update once the cast comes off =)

At the end of the day the most important part is the final result, and even though I was not satisfied with my primary I have nothing bad to say about their service. I hope that this time my nose will be closer to how I want it to look ~ oh btw, the revision was free and they gave me a very good price for the other surgeries ^^

hey! i'm going from 27th sept to 11th oct, currently my list of clinics are JW, DAPRS, pitangui and item... but i'm still doing my research..

Thank you so much K Couture! If I were to go to Regen or VIP or any other clinic (not too sure right now) for consultation, is it possible to get the surgery done right after though? Usually do people have to wait to awhile before they can go for the surgery? I'm guessing since it is during summertime, I might need to do advanced booking.. but JW asked me to put a deposit if not the spot will be opened up to others. What do I do? :sad: