BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the upturned nose effect occur? I have heard of it as an undesired and unintended outcome for some patients, while you also referred to it as a deliberate style among surgeons. I have the same concerns as you about nostrils showing, so I would like to avoid this as well!

Best of luck with your revision, VIPPatient! I hope all goes well, and you get the tip results you were hoping for this time around (:

Swoon_ca, jamasian from the ANJ2 thread had positive reviews about Banobagi and Solus got theirs done at Migo . Perhaps try contacting them?

I cannot believe that I am flying to Korea in just a few weeks... It's odd wishing for something so long and suddenly the hopes, the fears, and the uncertainties hit you all at once

Ahh I see, I was a bit confused at first since I always thought of upturned nose as an undesired result. My nostrils already show, and I absolutely would NOT want them to become 'piggy'! What causes upturned nose, and how can I (or the surgeon, more accurately) minimize this risk?

bad placement angle and/or over projection of the tip beyond that of the skin's elasticity. A surgeon should never make those mistakes to cause the pig nose effect. Best way to minimize it is to get a good surgeon and be realistic about your results. That is, do not tell the surgeon you want a super point nose like that of a caucasian when ure of asian descent. Just tell them you want as much projection as your skin's elasticity will allow. Remind the surgeon you want results but tell them to be conservative about it at the same time

Updates- thanks you guys for asking, I still have the pig nose. If you do nose job, absolutely tell your doctor you don't want the pig nose with nostrils shown in the front view. When you take pictures, most of the time you take front view, you will look weird if all people see is your nostrils.

Swoon_ca
You are correct about Dallas 101.
You can try PM - under name of "Cinderella ", she had her nose done in Jan 2014( or dec2013) at Cinderella. Try to go back from beginning of this year, there are more than one had surg at this clinic. She is very nice. She may PM her pix.
Good luck.

it goes back to your natural bridge height but with some very minor, probably barely noticable additinal height due to the scar tissue pocket that has formed.

Thank you Shiny glittery. :smile:

Thanks K Couture. So... you bring up very good points. Maybe I should pay $1,800 to go visit Korea and have many visits with the many doctors in-person before I make a decision. I guess I just never considered it because I thought it costs so much money to fly across to ASIA from USA and I thought that if I go to Asia I might as well kill two bird with one stone.. go to asian READY to take on the procedure on the SAME trip. But... you're saying I SHOULD talk to multiple doctors in person first.... even if it costs an EXTRA trip to Korea before my plastic surgery procedure. Now you have me thinking... maybe I SHOULD fly to Korea to meet these doctors first (multiple consultations), then make a decision, then fly back o Korea FOR the procedure. Even if it takes more time and cost more money, maybe it IS the smarter thing to do. I really do appreciate your advice K Couture, it seems you have much experience and knowledge.

Originally... I just thought I would go with VIP International Plastic Surgery because it seems like Dr. Lee is the PROFESSIONAL in Rib rhinoplasty. Otherwise I thought about Dr. David W Kim in San Francisco, I liked him a lot... but he charges $18,000 so I thought maybe I SHOULD go to Korea instead of paying so much for Dr. W. Kim. they both recommended Rib rhinoplasty... I have never had surgery before ever so this would be my primary rhinoplasty. I have a short upturned nose.. ahh it's pretty bad. That's why they said I need much structure and only the rib can give me that.. but then I also read so many stories online about people who got rhinoplasty and who regretted ever "messing" with their nose. However... I know I need to get rhinoplasty because I've been obsessing over rhinoplasty and carefully researching it for about ten years now.. I need to get it done.

Hope you will feel better. I don't like upturned nose tip, I want my tip a bit downward like lee hyori and tiffany. I will show what I want to surgeon before do my nose job.

while i personally would never recommend anyone using cartilage for the bridge area, especially in primary surgeries due to its common aesthetic side effects, if you do insist on it only guy i would recommend you consider is Roland K Daniel in Orange County. He is the one who pioneered the diced cartilage method so even if you do not have the operation with him, his knowledge would be valuable.

if u have a short uptturned nose then i imagine the best aesthetic results you will get is using ultra soft silicone for the bridge and cartilage for the tip WITHOUT alarplasty. People with short upturned noses shouldn't minimize their elasticity as the point is to elongat the tip at a more pleasing angle.

Also, if money is an issue for you with your consultations then simply have an additional 4-5 days for consultations and do ure surgery after. If you plan your schedule well you can fit in maximum 3 detailed consultations a day, using each consultation as a 2nd 3rd 4th opinion. That is, asking the surgeon about one of the proposed methodology that another surgeon you had consulted with may have suggested.

K Couture... So do you not support rib rhinoplasty? I am just asking because I am curious. Two doctors I've spoken to said to create an appropriate projection due to short nose and upturn nose it is necessary to use rib for projection. Also, my bridge has a good and fair height so I don't need height I just need lengthening... my nose just is upturned.. and the tip is short. Nostrils totally exposed.