BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

PS a while ago I mentioned that I got a cut inside my mouth after my primary even thou I didnt get paranasal, I just found out it was for alar reduction. For some patients Dr.Lee use the method where the suctures for alar are through the inside of your mouth... I'm not quite sure why but at least now I know he didnt make a cut for no reason ~

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I had my primary at VIP I think it was about 5k at the time including alar reduction. After 3 years now I came back and they did my revision for free. After I'm healed up I can send before and afters to a few people who are interested in getting similar surgeries like nose tip reduction~

I'm planning a trip in Sept/Oct as well! I've heard that it's not so busy then. Still doing research as well but Banobagi is on the list to consult!

Hey everyone!

Just got my procedure done at LIFE. It was a rhinoplasty + tipplasty + short nose correction for 2.75 mil KRW.

Consultation at LIFE:
The consultation went very well. I spoke with Sue the translator and another consultant and they were extremely friendly and not pushy at all. Sue's English is very fluent and she actually used to live in Canada for a bit. I then was taken to see Dr. Kim. I was expecting to see Dr. Rhee, but apparently Dr. Rhee flew out of Korea for a seminar. I was ok with this because when I spoke with Dr. Kim he was very attentive to my needs and detailed with his explanations of my procedures. He also specializes in more natural looking noses which is exactly what I wanted. I got a 3 mm soft silicone implant (because my forehead is really flat) and he decided against alarplasty for me because he said my alars would reach a desirable thickness, with the short nose correction itself and alarplasty cause unnecessary scarring. Afterwards, I spoke with Sue and the consultant and they quoted me a price that was much much lower than what I had expected it to be and they weren't pushing me at all and actually had no problem with me shopping around at other clinics. Finally, I told them the latest I had to leave and possibly take out my stitches fell on a Korean holiday. Dr. Kim said he and some other staff would come in just to help me remove my stitches that day. Overall, I was very happy with my experience minus not getting to actually see Dr. Rhee.

Consultation at Wonjin:
I went to Wonjin after LIFE just to check it out. The clinic was much much busier than LIFE. I waited for a bit and was placed in a room with a consultant and translator. The consultant was very enthusiastic and a fast talker. I got a very "salesman" vibe from her, but that could just be my bias since I was already set on LIFE. They suggested pretty much the same procedures LIFE suggested, but quoted me over 6.5 mil KRW, which was over 1 mil more than they had quoted me in e-mail. This was already 100% out of my budget and I didn't feel like I was getting as much care and attention so I didn't even bother to see the Dr.

Surgery at LIFE:
I was led to the surgery floor and Dr. Kim was just finishing up another patient. The really sucky part was that the room was kind of just one giant room with a partition in between. As they were prepping me I could hear the other girl kind of moaning and groaning and that made me get extremely nervous... My consultant held my hand until I fell asleep. Another thing that kind of sucked, although I think they might have done this on purpose, was that I regained consciousness near the end. I wasn't super freaked out or anything it was just uncomfortable and a little unsettling. I just kept mumbling that I wanted to go back to sleep and Sue kept saying I was almost done. Afterwards they led me to a recovery room explained what I had to do for recovery and gave me my meds. Then they helped me get a taxi to go back to my hostel.

So now comes the recovery. I'll update you guys as I go along, but I just want to say I was very pleased with the staff and service at LIFE, it was exactly as I read in a previous post by a user named muppets. She never updated her actual results unfortunately. Hopefully my results are good! Will update!

I'm going to Korea early september, we should definitely meet up :smile:

I think you just need a good doctor who can extend your nose tip down so it doesn't look so upturned. Most Korean doctors can probably operate on you. Just look for one that is reputable and willing to spend some time listening to your needs.

Thanks for sharing ur experience with Life; I think this is the first time I've heard of them. Looking forward to your recovery story!

I wonder what method or how they can extend the nose longer.

Hey everyone day 1 of my recovery. A little bit of advice for others... make sure you have a water bottle and straw handy for after because your mouth gets SOOOO DRY. I was so thirsty my voice was cracking and I had to rush somewhere just to get a straw.

Does anyone have any advice to alleviate dry mouth during the night..? Or stuffy nose? I usually get really bad allergies so even normally my nose would be really runny or stuffy T__T. Also what do I do if I need to sneeze..?? That won't ruin my nose will it? :lol:

EDIT: I sent Sue an e-mail last night asking about a cotton gauze they put right under my nose... Its falling off and makes it really hard for me to eat or drink water. I didn't expect an e-mail because LIFE is closed today, but of course she responded to me very promptly saying she called a nurse and asking if it was okay for me to remove it. :smile:

Actually, there is a procedure called short nose correction that was recommended to me by 2 clinics. Its usually done to alleviate upturned noses as it kind of turns your nose down and brings it a little closer to your mouth. I got it with my rhino because I would have had an upturned nose if I didn't.

its ok if u have to sneeze. its unavoidable. If u are worried then i would gently hold your nose with both your index fingers as you sneeze lol.

i assume you mean your throat is dry? If its your mouth some vaseline will do the trick. When it comes to your throat its because its irritated from having the tube down there. Not much you can do for now. Will get better by day 3

goood luck in your recovery!