BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I did the nose lengthening. My nose is fairly short and would end up upturned if I didn't.

Here's a good example of an upturned nose corrected with nose lengthening or short nose correction:
seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/images/primary_rhinoplasty/w400/primary_rhinoplasty16A.jpg

My upturned nose was caused by my first nose job. So I don't know if it can be fixed because I think the septal cartilage had used up.

dallas your upturn nose was caused by over projection i assume. Since it wasn't originally like that, there's a good chance that all you require is removal of the implant to revert it back to normal

I think my primary nose job doctor raised my tip too much and I think he used septal cartilage to raise the tip upward. So does it means, all I need to do is to remove this septal cartilage to bring my nose closer to my Face?

Thanks Sunray, I watched the video. Dr. David Kim explains it very well. it looks so complicated as he has to put several grafts to lengthen the nose. Hopefully mine will just kind of undo it because my original nose was not upturned.

maybe. Sometimes it might also be a case that the elevation of the bridge is too high for your skin's elasticity and in turn caused your nose to be upturned. Could even be a combination of both. Its hard to tell without seeing your nose. Did u do it via open or close rhino and what implant was used for the bridge?

K Couture, I did my primary nose job open rhino. I removed the implant inside my bridge already via closed rhino.

Day 2 of recovery~

If you want to read about my surgery click here

I did a bit of research and found that most ppl experience their worst bruising and swelling at this point. I must be pretty lucky because I have very very little bruising and swelling under my eyes. However, after changing my gauze I could see that my nose is extremely swollen. I actually feel like I have a Shrek nose right now LOL. Hopefully the swelling will go down significantly by the time I remove my stitches so I can at least get SOME idea of what its going to look like.

Another thing I noted from reading some recovery diaries was that most people have their internal packing removed after 1-3 days, but I was told to keep mine in until the day of stitch removal. They said the packing will help ensure that my bridge doesn't shift around... Pretty uncomfortable especially since my allergies are going crazy and I'm just constantly leaking T_T

Yes to both! I need to post a few more times before I can DM but i'll message you both as soon as I can :biggrin:

oh so you left the implant in your tip and your nose is still upturned? I guess you gotta remove it. I just hope its not due to scarring.

The Dr. Wang Ting Report

Two weeks after surgery and here are some highlights:

Clinic in Dalian and staff:
Please know that this is not several floors with luxurious offices and shiny marble, but rather one floor with a few offices, exam rooms, recovery area and one operating room that is all quite nice but more of a boutique clinic. There are several nurses, managers, four doctors and two training doctors presently. The upside to the smaller size is that everyone there knows you personally, no doctor "switching" and you are treated like a family member, very personalized care. Bridgette, the office manager, speaks fluent English and gladly takes care of every little detail regarding your stay from airport pick up and translation cards to arranging food preferences - she is so helpful and invaluable for those who do not speak Mandarin. I was truly grateful for the staff and doctors as I was really far from home and by myself.

Dr. Wang:
This doctor is very passionate about his work and has such a strong interest in the aesthetics of noses (and good with other facial areas as well such as eyes, fat grafting, jaw area). If you want rib rhinoplasty, you should consider Dr. Wang as he specializes in this area performing at least one of these surgeries per day and perhaps another procedure as well so he is highly experienced. His main objective was to create the best-looking nose that would make me happy. My first consultation with him in Dallas was a little over an hour, my second consultation was over two hours when I first arrived in China, and had I wanted to discuss further he would have... there was no rush and no trying to sell more procedures. As a doctor, he is compassionate and knowledgeable and professional. As a surgeon, he is skilled and has a nice artistic flair for facial features.

My surgery:
After much discussion, we determined that donor rib cartilage was the best option for my lifestyle, health and pain tolerance (very low, do not like being uncomfortable). I had my bridge augmented, tip refined, alar base reduction and narrowing of the bottom area, no osteotomy was needed which Dr. Wang decided during surgery. Recovery was easy and fast with almost no bruising, no pain except for the little IV needle. Surgery went smoothly as the doctor and staff know exactly what they're doing and have the routine down to a science.

Emails:
Between consultations, Dr. Wang and I emailed and he responded in a day or two to most of my questions. I think we communicated well because my emails were brief and concise, which is manageable for him considering his frenetic schedule. His manager answers many emails but will not reply to medically-related questions that are more appropriate for the doctor. Again, this office is inundated with patients, consultations and emails so it would be impossible to give a detailed consultation over email even with photos. Much easier if Dr. Wang sees you in person, of course. Try using [email protected] and send twice if you don't get a reply in a reasonable time.

Pricing:
Since Dr. Wang saw me, he was able to give me a range for cost. I researched several doctors and clinics in Korea in the past months and found that his cost in middle range in comparison, but less that a highly-reputable surgeon in NY or LA (US).

Results:
Two weeks out and looks wonderful! I wanted a better nose than what I had, but did not want everyone to know that I had work done; I now have a more Eurasian nose with nice bridge height but not overly high, which is what I was seeking. Not posting photos because of the nature of my profession and potential clients researching me. However, the pictures on his website are accurate as I met several current patients at his clinic while there, all with unique and pretty or handsome noses that fit each individual face, and his nurse was gorgeous sitting at the front desk on the first day I arrived (she's on his site).

Finally:
I will post a really brief follow-up on the progress of what my nose looks like in a few weeks as it takes about 6 weeks to see the full results.

Hope this helps anyone who is seriously researching doctors and good luck!

Oh yay, keep those postings coming :lol:
Any ideas on which clinic u want to visit?

Thanks for the update Chrissy and happy healing. If you don't mind can you tell us what price you paid for your surgery

Glad u love ur new nose Chrissy :smile: Does your nose feel hard?