BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Does anyone have a recommendation for a clinic that specializes in rhinoplasty for bulbous noses? From all the B&A pictures I've seen, I haven't come across a case quite like mine. My nose is really bulbous, with lots of thick fatty tissue surrounding the tip.

My nose is similar to this persons from Dream's website: https://www.e-dream.co.kr/static/ko/images/info/img_nose_23.jpg

It has become increasingly difficult for me to compile a list of clinics I'd like to visit. Many of the models featured in various websites have slim noses to begin with. Starting to think that my southeast asian nose type is uncommon in Korea.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions! ^^

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine worst then yours..if you find which clinic please share with me, tq

if ure nose is like that of the one in the picture you linked, its no where near as bad as you make it out to be and is very common and is easily corrected. This is what a bulbous nose actually is.

http://www.realself.com/question/recommend-for-asian-bulbous-tip-and-wide-alars
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2589/photo25kb2.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XrlT12g45mk/UduVSW9yuxI/AAAAAAAABnQ/PHzg5oEW9Ow/s320/Asian+Nose.JPG

cases like these would require some excision of the soft tissue to achieve defined projection. Too often, asian people wanting to get rhinoplasty assume their nose is bulbous when it is merely flat and wide. If you compare your nose to the examples in those links, hopefully you can get an idea of whether your nose is truly bulbous and then seek out appropriate rhino methods. Because if you can avoid unnecessary tissue excision from your nose, you certainly want to avoid that due to complications involved.

Unfortunately my nose is like the ones in the pictures...possibly even worse!!!

I have a short, bulbous nose with super wide alars :tdown::crybaby::rain:

I :heart:my mum, but why did I have to get her nose?!?! LOL If i had my dad's nose I wouldn't be here

@cloudbusting: PM me your kakao deets, if u have them, i've been researching on naver for a clinic that can do osteo and alars well. tbh it's hard to find. i think the best surgeons for osteo is probably in Iran. I know many arabs that went there for rhino (almost all had some sort of bone shaving - lateral osteo or hump etc), but as a unmarried female, it's unwise and highly not recommended to travel there alone

Thanks for replying ;)

My nose is definitely bulbous. I e-mailed my photos to several clinics, and all have replied stating that I have a bulbous nose, lol. The tip looks like it has a large ball in it. It looks like a slightly smaller version of this one, and my tip is larger and more round.

K, what are the complications of unnecessary tissue excision? TIA!

Hmm, I don't need osteo, my nose is bulbous but not bony, if that makes sense. There's just a ton of thick fatty tissue, but when I squeeze my nose, there isn't much bone. My nasal bridge isn't wide. My alars are big though.

I'm set on going to Korea. It's actually my layover as I'm going to another country near by a couple weeks after my procedures. Iran.. that sounds like an adventure, lol.

I've PM'd you!

internal scarring which can make the tip lopsided, or if too much is excised it can cause an indent which would need to be corrected with a filler. The worse is if your implant protrudes through the skin due to weakening of the tissue. For individuals with bulbous noses it is best to be conservative should excision be required.

Thanks for sharing your story to us!!!! I would b grateful if u could send me the before & after pic!!

Glad you're happy with your new nose, CrissyQ! Congrats. :smile: Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind, could you also share some details on the decision to use donor rib versus autologous?

I'm also considering using homologous cartilage, not due to fear of pain but rather an aversion to anything too invasive. (The idea of having my chest cut into or even being put into a temporary coma under anaesthesia is nerve wracking.) Are there any particular caveats to be aware of?

Hi Mrs Lucky, when in May are you going for the surgery and have you decided on the clinic?

Susaki, I haven't posted any photos for privacy reasons (professional) and, in fact, did not take very many before or after.

Forestfires, both Dr. Wang and I came to the conclusion donor rib was best for me for a few different reasons: I play competitive tennis 2x/week (for fun) and was afraid I might experience soreness or pain that might adversely affect my game, I'm mid-40's so my bones are less calcified (not sure if that's the correct term, but weaker), and I am hugely against pain especially elective and a nervous wreck in general.

I think the possibility of warping and/or slight, slight possibility of infection is the same with both donor and autologous. Major difference is the recovery as I basically walked around the next day with little bruising and nothing else. With autologous, you have to contend with the harvested site (stitches, soreness) as well as your nose.

The additional cost for the donor rib was well worth it for someone in my circumstance.

Jw quoted me

The surgery price will be roughly KRW6,200,000~KRW6,700,000 for the nose(secondary) and KRW4,130,000 for the eyes including lateral canthoplasty.
Lateral canthoplasty itself costs roughly KRW1,340,000

reasonable?