BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I've heard some horrible stories about Gortex and you never know if you need a revision or not. maybe in a few years you decide you like something a little different and by then natural bone/cartilage will have grown through the gortex pores. Definitely try and ask for Silicon if possible... I have silicon in my nose, so I can't speak on gortex experience. Just from what I read tho, the concerns seem legit.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had silicone inserted in my first rhinoplasty and my body rejected it and I developed a bad infection and now have a visible scar in the middle of my nose. I've had it removed and a year later have had a revision rhino with goretex and cartilage from my ear for the tip. It's been 18 months and no problems. I think the goretex vs silicone depends on what your body will tolerate.

yar every implant material has its pros and cons. Goretex is softer but its problem is it tends to warp more easily than silicone should it occur and its more difficult to remove because tissue grows into it. Im glad it worked out well for you tho :smile:

What type of silicone did you use shasha. Was it the L shape silicone, I shape, or the ultra soft silicone?

Wow- good to know. I responded to View asking if they could do silicone. If they can, I might go in for a face-to-face consultation. Their before and after pictures are sort of fake looking though. A few 'afters' look worse than the 'before' photo!

I had the L shaped silicone - it did look better, more prominent than the goretex. I found the goretex (5 layers) to be more 'natural' looking/feeling too.

oh no wonder ure silicone got rejected. The L shape implant is something that most surgeons don't use anymore because unlike the I shape, it has a far higher rate of rejection and infection due to the pressure it places on the collumela.

have question,If my skin is very thin and i dont think any of implant can put on my bridge without problem,any other procedure that can make my bridge more high ? without implant.

firstly you need to address whether your perception of you having thin skin is in fact correct. As in, do you have some preexisting medical condition which is causing this problem or have you had any damage to your skin from an accident or a previous surgery?

For example, I know that HIV patients, due to the treatment they undergo, experience a hollowing of their tissue. In such cases their only option is using fillers, not just because of their skin condition but also because such individuals take a far longer time to heal properly. Many surgeons also would not operate on a HIV patient due to medical concerns. Even with fillers they have to be very careful and cannot do an augmentation to the same degree as a healthy patient would. Conditions which have those kinds of effects on a person would probably warrant the same restrictions.

I dont have any health problem, and naver have any surgery before.

K, would you mind letting us know which method,open or closed rhino, Dr. Park from Dream prefers for his patients? Are you going to have an open one or closed in May?

If I just want to have a simple primary bridge augmentation with ultra soft silicone and a little lift at my tip (with septum), which method would you recommend?

Thanks for being always helpful.

I actually would consider rib or cartilage grafting (done by a good doctor, of course!) if your skin is that thin. I've has some friends of mine who are naturally skinny with thin, delicate skin experience extrusion with silicone implants (even with I-shaped implants!). It also looks awful if your skin is so thin that you can see the shape underneath.

I had a silicone implant, but I have the opposite issue: my skin is so thick that even with a 4.5-5 mm silicone (which is prob the max any reputable doctor will use), my nose still looks a little flatter than the average person's now that the swelling is gone!

QUOTE=TJ_joy;26534644]I dont have any health problem, and naver have any surgery before.[/QUOTE]

he prefers closed rhino since its far less invasive and he also trains in closed rhino. Open rhino according to him, should only be used in the most complicated of cases. My case, despite being very complicated, he will be doing via closed rhino because since ive already had an open rhino, a 2nd one will just induce even more internal scarring and give me more asymmetry in the nostrils.

for your primary i will always suggest the ultra soft silicone method under the muscle above the bone. Its actually very natural looking from what i have seen in his post op patients. I believe cartilage should only ever be used as a very last resort because its side effects are common. I mean, i currently have unevenness, bumps, asymmetry and even extrusion which i never thought would occur with cartilage. I have also, till this date have yet to even be able to find a surgeon who is actually skilled enough to pull off the cartilage method to the same aesthetic perfection as silicone. So the reason why i decided on Dr Park is because he is the only one i have consulted with who felt he could do it via closed rhino and using silicone. The others suggested rib or goretex via open rhino, which i am not foolish enough to risk again. We also agreed on using auto dermis as a plan B should he feel my nose is too damaged for the ultra soft. This will probably be my last chance to fix my nose as another revision will weaken my nose structure too much. fingers crossed!

[/QUOTE]
Hi ladybugz,

Would you mind sharing a little more about your friends experience with I shaped silicone? I have pretty much decided to go with I shaped silicone that is ultra soft type, hearing you saying the issues that your friends had makes me anxious again.

I understand what you said about thin skinned people whose implant shapes show through the skin, which doesn't look good. I have one friend that has the problem and my skin is close to hers, which makes me a bit worried.

How did your friends who have extrusion problem with silicone revise the problem? Rib cartilage? if so, which doctor did they do it with?