BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I see dr Park of Dream for the last time, the reason why my nose still look so bulbous was because its still swollen due to my nose thick skin, it will take a while for it to look better. Anyway do I feel that my nose look a little bit smaller and the bridge look better then my old nose.

Btw today I was told that I dont have to use the nose cast only the nostril retainer.
I hope in 2 weeks time my nose will look much better.

Me too.. Sometime I got confused of which one to decide to go. I saw a girl who have done her revision rhinoplasty at april31, and she look nice. :smile: also the transformation of the twins sisters.
I heard some forum state that Cinderella jobs is liked a dramatic change, it not so natural. But for those who want to look cute liked a doll, that's a place to visit ;)

But for me, there's only two clinic in my list for now. I'm still considering about having appointment with April31 or not.

Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting my first Rhinoplasty done later this summer. Reading through the thread it amazes me how knowledgeable you all are about the procedure.

It seems to me that many of you are having revision rhinoplasties done, is this an inevitable part of having a rhinoplasty? What contributes to the need to have a revision done, is it because of the type of material used? There's a lot of talk about Gortex vs. Silicone and now the ultra soft silicone.

Ideally, I'd like to just see some reasonable improvement with one procedure and be content with that, do you have any suggestions as to how to get it done right the first time?

Thanks!

After reading ANJ 2 & 3, and partially ANJ1

First of all, I have been learning a lot from all of you. Especially, lately from K-couture:yw:, I understands that rib is not an end to all nose jobs. I'm very happy to hear that she is happy with her nose.

Only my situation is some what different. I think when it comes to plastic surgery, it really depends on your personal situation, lifestyle and preferences. Which is why I would like to share the result of my humble researchwhich hopefully may be of some help to other pp. who are in a similar situation. Of cause, if any of you think there is anything wrong/incomplete about my post, pls do correct me. I would be 1000* so very grateful if you are kind enough to help me learn.

It may just be my personal reference (I have acne prone skin and a short nose), so, here it goes:
Just to say in advance, I went through Dr. Wang Ting's website, which I encourage you all to read, its really straight forward and honest and detailed. For those of you who dont read Chinese (I read that many asked for a translation, while I won't call mine a translation, but...), I have summeried the information and incorporated most here into this post. I am not promoting him or anything, pls. read my previous stupid/ignorant posts, I am a real researcher that has benefited a lot from this thread and want to contribute. I am however guilty of promoting his website as a okay source of informtaion. That being said, he is a rib/derma doctor... (biased?)

1. Regarding Bridge: I would much prefer not using silicon/gore-tex in fear of the higher long-term infection rate (I read that auto tissue have ~0% chance of long-term infection, and often can be controled by antibiotics) especially for pp. prone to acnes (acne=pore/skin infection, full of bacteria and stuff) and risk of contracture (worse in pp. with a short nose to start with, can be avoided with smaller I silicon implant, but will happen when infection occurs). In any case I think I am more capable of cooping with warping than infection&contracture (pray none of these happens to any of us, to be honest I dont think I'm ready for either). Yeah, I will be working at a hosptial, so infection...
Pls. do read if you are also considering auto mateiral only, here are some other options:
a. Diced cartilage, basically you are lowering the risk of warping by increasing the risk of bumps and absorbtion. Bonus is fine diced cartilage can be injected through a syringe in a close procedure, not to say that its impossible to do whole chunked rib through with close rhino (aka. ~deliver method if I'm not mistaken), e.g., beautyline4u. Anyone knows some review about this clinic or any other place that does such closed rhino, pray do contact me.
b. Derma from the butt, limited augmentation, but would be okay for some when combined with a nice tip-plasty. Attached is a pic taken from Dr. Wang's webpage (Photo 1.)
c. Fat injection, much less invassive, last a short time and really not defined
d. Pls feel free to add...

2. Regarding Tip: the size of a normal asian septal cartilage is really minimal/insufficient (Photo 2.) for any significant tip projection for short nose individuals, not to mention the risk of septa collapse now that there is only a minmum left (I have only seem a few cases tho.). So regardless of what I (again, up turned nose subject) use for my bridge, I should also use something else to suppliment the tip:
a. Nose cartilage=>high absorbtion rate ( >>septal c. >> rib c., pray keep in mind that for those of us who have short/up turned nose, the graft will be under higher pressure which increases the absorbtion rate) and limited support (too soft on its one, usually only used to volumize the tip to avoid it being too sharp), scar on the back of the ear (Photo 3. trust me, its a huge dent which doesnt seems so bad ONLY because the rest of the ear already has an irregualr shape to begin with).
b. Rib cartilage=>scar on the chest (Photo 4. techinially more visible that that on the ear?, but its far from my face), rigid nose (I think that's what I have to pay for my upturned nose? Regular nose job seekers should be okay with ear & septa and enjoy their soft tip. That being said, Dr.Wang Ting's video suggests that rib tip can be flexible and soft too, maybe a bit too much {read on, you will know what I mean}, hum=>
http://www.wangmd.cn/english/2771.html
Just to say that my birth nose doesnt do that. I doubt the nose is supposed to be that flexible, at leadt not in that way, it actually looks like the tip is detached from the bridge (or maybe the nurse doing the demo was really rough), but did you all see how the edge of the rib piece that's in her bridge poking out when they twisted her tip? I'm not even sure that's a good thing any more. This other lady's nose seems really good tho.=>
http://www.wangmd.cn/english/2667.html

In the end, I think for now I dont have much choice other than going full rib (again, personal semi-decision regarding which I would love to hear some advise from our dear forumers, things I didn't see/misunderstood?).

Rib does run the risk of scaring (both on the nose from the open-rhinoplasty and on the chest, to what extend depends on the surgeon)/warping/bumps/rigidness (well, other materials too if not used properly), but it does comes withthe benefit of lower long term infection rate, preservation the ear and septa (may not if I opt for the soft-tip?), significant projection with lower absorbtion rate (compared to other cartilages and NOT silicon). What do I really what, what can I live with? Hum...

Now, allow my to share some of my concerns, and pray for some advise, pls.!

I think my main concern is: rib is really the last resort. If the primary doesnt go well (knock on wood), then what? I would love and pray to never having to do any reversion, but what if the such happens. I would hate to lose one precious rib for an botched nose job and be left with nothing to repair it with:cry:.

I (we all) need this to be a one-time deal, find a skilled and patient surgeon (easier said than done) and start from there. I still have (mild) acnes (around my mouth, wired, just poped out of no where in my early 20's), so I might end up not doing the surgery anytime soon (I am going to Korea this July, may be just for consultation)

Also, I am also considering laisk and zygomatic reduction (I had the perfect face shape til 16, then some alien abducted me or something...:crybaby:), allow me to ask: is a good idea to do rhino first? Will the doctor crush my nose doing lasik/zygomatic reduction, technically not, but any one with such experience?

I honestly don't mind my nose being somewhat on the bulky side, I have large features in general (base of my nose is quiet narrow). Problem is I am also very tall (OMG), considering I cant do nothing about this, I would hate to add a masculin nose to my face, errrr. Oh while, as long as its not a potato nose (Kate Blanchet, I love her, but not her nose on my face)

----The End----

Also, allow me to put my Kakao down (VK619), pls. contact me if you feel like we are somewhat in the same boat, or share ur experinece, or just reply my post, pm me, what ever...:P

Glad tht your nose is become better and better, plz do update us as dream is on my list too!!
Thanks and really thankful tht you still keep update us. Hope you feel better

I can't find any information about Cinderella tho:sad: Btw where do u have your primary rhino?? And which 2 clinics on your list??

As I have plenty of time, that's y I want to consult more clinics first before making decision.

I saw Cinderella has a blog or tumblr, u can also try searching in google :smile:
I checked it yesterday but I dnt really liked their work. There's some Before and after pic change too much of a person and doesn't look so natural to me (my thought only).
I have my first nose job done in Thailand. I dnt really like it though and it notice The skin get thinner and getting red so fast even if I wash my face or touch the nose a lot.
I'm interested in Regen and Banobagi but yesterday I check JW and It's kinda has my interested too. So maybe I wil go to those 3 and choose one among them. ( I fly to korea mid September ) :smile:

Update: I’m just wondering, is ~9-10 days post-op too early to determine whether revision is needed? My case is different from the ones I read on the forums.

Most people I see talk about their bridges looking too wide and high due to swelling. For me, the top half of my bridge has almost all but deswelled, and it’s already looking lower than I would like. I got a 3.5-4 mm silicone implant as advised by my surgeon, but rereading the forums again, I maybe should have pushed for 4.5-5 mm. Perhaps it’s due to residual swelling of adjacent areas (I got a fat graft touch-up a few days ago on my cheeks and lower forehead), but I am already not very happy due to this fact. I haven’t seen anyone talk about a low bridge post-op so I’m worried that if there’s any swelling left on the bridge, the final result will be even lower.

Also, for revision, how does pricing generally work? In my case, if I get a revision, it would be to replace for a higher implant. Meanwhile, others may have to get revision due to complications with their previous implant, which would be a more complex procedure.

I believe most doctors will agree to a revision only 6 months after the procedure. In some cases though, they can operate within 10 days while the implant is still pliable or something like that. Some clinics offer free revision but some don't so if the clinic you went to charges for one, you should at least get a discount.

Talk to ur surgeon about it. I'm sure it's different for each clinic so it's better if u communicate with them directly.

Congrats on ur surgery btw. Your bridge is probably going to get lower but at least a silicone implant replacement is easy to fix vs. infection or what not. Which clinic did u go to btw?

Thanks for the insight Jayjoy and Swoon_Ca. I was hoping to get it right the first time, but if my bridge is supposed to go even lower but I'm already very underwhelmed by the results, I'm disappointed and sad that revision will be necessary to escape from this low nose. Or perhaps I am expecting too much from medical technology, I don't know. My parents are angry at having spent so much money + time for me to be disappointed, so I will be on my own the next few time(s) for sure.

I got an I-shape implant + rib cartilage at tip. I don't feel comfortable naming the exact clinic at this point since I suppose it is not yet time to draw definitive conclusions. Feel free to PM me though if you are curious.

I leave Korea tomorrow, guess that's an opportunity done and gone.

Btw, I am very happy to hear that your procedure at Dream seems to have gone very well, K Couture. Hope 3rd time is the charm! I'd also like to thank you for answering so many of my questions over the last several months,