BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Your bridge will take shape nicely i believe. im not sure what you expect for the tip tho because when you have a naturally bulbous nose you cannot get the kind of projection that you see in those kpop stars whose noses are small and sharp. From the pictures you still have a good deal of swelling and it will take a while to subside. When it does ure nose will be shapely but your projection will never be significant for the tip area, not unless alot of the tissue is excised at the tip area. But few surgeons would be willing to do that since it greatly increases your chance of infection and extrusion. So the good surgeons will only remove a very small amount.

You should find out what size implant Dr Park used on you and if he excised your bulbous tissue. If he did then your swelling take a while longer to subside. Also can i ask, you mentioned this is a revision. What was wrong with your previous nose?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An open rhino is only necessary if your case is complicated. According to one forumer Dr Park had turned her away because her nose is not suitable for closed rhino as it was a complex case. In such a situation the patient is then referred to the surgeon who does open rhino at Dream. Im not sure who that is tho cos i only met 2 surgeons when i was at Dream. Anyways point is if he says he can do it closed then let him do closed. The closed method is ideal when a) your situation is not too complex and allows for it. b) your surgeon is trained in closed rhinoplasty which Dr Park is.

Only thing i should mention to you is, always be specific about what you want to achieve with your surgeon. Don't just say i want my nose higher and sharper and then get them to decide. Those factors are subjective so you need to make sure ure surgeon understands. With Dr Park i've heard from forumers before me who have had their nose done with him that he gives a very natural look. This i have to agree as mine looks very natural too. But what i have noticed the difference between my nose and theirs is that mine is more naturally dramatic with more projection, whilst theirs is more subtle but with clearly noticable improvements. And none of us have bulbous noses either so expectations can be relatively similar. The main difference is they were not specific with him while i was. So what im suggesting is:

a) Pick Your Implant size. Because I get the feeling Dr Park is conservative and if you do not specify he may pick one with less height for a more subtle natural look. If you are like me and want a dramatic improvement then i highly suggest picking a wider 4.5mm implant or higher, but that depends on how high your bridge naturally is of course so get Dr Park's opinion too.

b) Show him how much projection you want with your tip. Good ways are photoshop yourself and show the nostri shape change and projection. OR do the stick method. Which is get two long cotton buds, put it in your nostril and pull it outwards while showing it to Dr Park. Then ask him if that amount of projection is realistic.

Anyways good luck with your surgery! Also i would suggest getting their anti aging serum. IT IS AMAZING. Ive been applying it to the damaged part of my nose (which i decided to on my own lol) and its really improved the healing rate. Plus its not oily so i found it to be a good post op moisturizer

If you do closed rhinoplasty, are they also able to do tiplasty as well? I read about K Couture's experience but from what I remember she didn't mention anything specific about her tip. Maybe because she had two previous nose jobs, she didn't need it...?

Yup closed rhino can do tipplasty too, Dr Park did both my bridge, tip and collumela area all using closed rhino. Basically the botch job charles lee did to me dr park fixed it using closed rhino. Like i said u need a surgeon trained in closed rhino to do this if not the surgeon will just suggest the open method simply because they are not skilled in the closed method.

Mind sharing the name of this anti aging serum? :smile:. Please PM me the brand if this is not allowed.

Have you tried drinking pineapple juice or taking bromelain tablets? Maybe they can help your nose tip to deswell faster. Also, based on my research, it may take 6 months to a year for the tip to deswell.

Its Dr Dream advanced facial treatment serum. Its meant for anti aging, collagen boost and skin tightening but i used it to heal bruised and damaged skin. So far it actually worked. I wouldn't use it if you have an actual wound tho. I decided to use it on mine cos my skin was thin and needed strengthening. I also actually used more than i should have cos the 100ml bottle is half gone now :sad:

thank K.

I'm really nervous and hope my nose turns out to be what I envision. When I said I want a much more defined nose, Dr Park asked, very defined? Or just defined. I agree with you on that point. What he considers defined may not be my definition of defined. In any case, I have no idea how to photo shop but i have before and after pictures of another patients' nose which I really like. Like you, I do definitely want a lot more tip projection as my tip is rounded. Is it all right if you pm me your before and after pics? I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much K Couture, your words reassured me. I will be sure to clarify everything before the surgery. I hope you are healing fine (:

Hi Mrs Lucky,

For some reason, JW was never in one of my choices. I've only considered 4 but only visited 2 at the end. And yes, I understand how you feel; how your current post-op nose isn't up to your expectations. It is difficult but give yourself some time all right? Happy healing and do not worry too much!

Hi K Couture,

Thanks for writing this post. This post is definitely helpful to fellow PF members who are interested to have their nose done.

I really hope everyone reads this post and keep it in mind, regardless whether it's Dr Park you are looking for or other nose surgeons.

Ideals are subjective, so please be detailed on what you are really looking for. ;)

i think as long as your expectations are realistic you will get the results. Like while I made sure Dr Park knew i wanted a very significant projection, i also knew that with my nose structure, i cannot never get the sharpness of a caucasian's nose. That is something which is only possible for very few asians who so happen to have a thinner elastic skin, relatively decent bridge height and a more petite nose. Ive only seen a few japanese and Northern Chinese who have those kinds of noses. For the rest of us we can only settle for an improvement based on our original structure. Obviously if you do not have a bulbous nose your chances at having more projection is alot higher. anyways all the best tomorrow! If ure not the panicky sort it may be beneficial if you are fully conscious while he is doing your nose so he can show u what it looks like in the mirror haha.

Thanks for replying, K!

Everywhere I consulted with says tiplasty needs open rhino. I guess that's not true...?

Why aren't more places skilled with closed?

nah its not true that tipplasty needs open rhino. I realize this as well as alot of surgeons would rather suggest it is not possible rather than admit they are not capable of doing it via closed rhino. Everywhere i went surgeons were telling me u cannot do it by closed rhino as you cannot get into the tip area through the nostril, which never really made sense to me because if you think logically it is possible. I had just assumed they needed more room to work with than a simple incision in the nostril. That's until i consulted with Dr Park who told me it is certainly possible and this was reaffirmed by Dr Mendelson who explained that most surgeons are trained in the open method so they are unable to perform procedures via closed rhino when the surgery involves not just the bridge area but the tip too. Comparatively closed rhino requires more skill in terms of spacial maneuvering while open is more straight forward. Having done both methods, i know that closed is alot less invasive, reduces risk of internal scarring, no external incision required and the healing is ALOT easier and more comfortable. The two times i had closed rhino i didn't need a packing and was mobile right away. The one time i had open rhino it was an absolute nightmare. Had a packing that went down to my throat, i bled alot down the throat too and i would get dizzy when i walk for too long. Took me until day 6 for me to be ok on my own. My results were awful too but that's more to do with the surgeon's skill than anything.

Closed rhino has its limitations in more complex situations tho. One of our forumers had a condition where her facial structure was flatter than the average person. I can't remember off the top of my head the the name of this medical condition. Anyways because of this condition her rhino required the open method. And then there was another forumer who had a significantly oversized rib cartilage implanted into his nose and he may not be able to remove the cartilage via closed rhino due to its sheer size. He won't know until he consults Dr Park. So those are examples of circumstances where open rhino is the ideal choice.

Also Dallas, tip is done by using cartilage and or other natural tissue in the tip and collumela area. In my case i had donor dermis in the tip and donor ear cartilage in my collumela.