BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to give a heads up to people who are considering rib for their bridge. I have communicated with a few people who have rib cartilage and they pretty much confirmed what I have been reading in the forum. It's really hard to the touch (bridge and esp tip). Some of them have complained of bumps and unevenness in the feel and look of their bridge and nose in general and yes it's true that you will not be able to move your tip that much. Unless you want an extremely high bridge or are dead set on having only autologous material on your nose, please think a gazillion times before having a rib graft esp on your dorsum.

Hi guys !

So I just had my op at dream with dr park and everything went smoothly. During the consultation, I particularly requested for a much more defined tip and that I didnt want it to be round anymore. I also showed him a picture of a nose I liked. Right now from the looks of it, I can see that my tip is much higher than what it was before and I'm pretty glad (:

The surgery was really surreal. I was half conscious . In fact during the surgery, I had psychedelic visions and could still hear the surgeons talking at the same time!! Haha. I could also feel tugs and pulls but they don't hurt at all. Another doctor harvested my cartilage while dr park did the construction. I had to be sedated twice as I became fully conscious in between. I kinda talked to dr park towards the end of the surgery. I thanked him and said he was cool. All while he was doing the final stitching. Lol.

I vomited twice after the surgery but I think it's because of immediate movement after the anaestesia and blood. It's normal to vomit a ill after surgery. Felt pretty high and drugged as well. But 1.5 hours later, I feel pretty much normal. except that my nose feels heavy? Also, I'm starting to bruise around my cheeks!

Daphne, one of the staff there was really comforting. I ranted all my fears and questions prior to the consultation and she really did put my heart at ease (: she accompanied me to the op theater and was there when it ended. I am glad she was there throughout my first ever surgery. Her presence was really comforting immediately after the operation. And also, my mom who is now taking care of me. I'm really glad she is supporting me all the way.

I will update you guys after my second consultation (:

yay im so happy for you. Seems that you had the same experience as i did! Only difference is i was alot more conscious and didn't vomit. I imagine its cos your cartilage was harvested while mine was using donor material so you needed more sedation than me. Daphne was also the translator assigned to me while i was there she's so lovely isn't she!

anyways speedy recovery! i imagine u would be obsessively checking out your nose from the side angle like i was haha cos thats where you can see the most projection.

Hi lemonpeel,

Does Dr. Park give you the option of being under IV sedation? I don't want to be able to have a conversation with him, lol. That might actually freak me out.

"I don't want to be able to have a conversation with him, lol. That might actually freak me out." LOL hahahhahhahha that cracked me up

anyways u can request general anesthesia if you want they will oblige but its very unnecessary. What they could also do is sedate you a bit more so you are not conscious enough to know what is going on and thus, u will not be able to chit chat with dr park lol

Haha, I don't even like to be super chatty with my hair stylist! I can't imagine what a conversation with the doctor would be like during surgery. If I wasn't freaking out I'd ask "Are you almost done?" every 5 minutes. At that point, he would probably ask the nurse to heavily sedate me anyway, lol.

Small talk is definitely not my main concern though, I'm squeamish about being conscious for the incisions, the tugging and pulling. I need to just get over it because I leave for Seoul in a week!

Hi cloudbusting !

I'm not too sure. But they will give the recommended / appropriate dosage for you so not to worry. Initially, I was a lil freaked out of the the idea of being sub conscious during the surgery. I mean, it really does sound scary right ? I was pretty nervous as I entered the op theatre. But in all honesty, it is actually quite an experience. You would feel extremely relaxed due to the sedation. So even though you can feel and hear things during the surgery, you will feel zen. So, not to worry at all about the sedation!

Haha, I think the dr. is gonna give me the frying pan in the face treatment... I had my wisdom tooth extracted, 123..6 I'm out. When I woke up, surgery done, no pain what's so ever after the surgery, didn't take one pain killer, no bleeding, I actually doubted if he actually took out all four, or any at all. That's when I was like, I'm a freaking fast healer, let me see what other surgeries I can try, now here I now.

I guess I'll have to request to feel extra "zen", lol.

Lemonpeel, did you only get rhino at Dream or other procedures as well?