BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Thanks heaps for ur thorough account strawberry! I like ur research style! Yep get rid of mr wang from ur list! Let us know ur final choice and why! Will consider it myself!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your thorough report!

In regards to Dr. Wu at O&Young, I am not certain you would want to have surgery with him. I consulted with him a couple of years ago. He suggested using a hodgepodge of materials to rebuild my nose: boat shaped silicone for bridge, alloderm, fascia, ear cartilage, and some other foreign materials for my tip.

He doesn’t speak English at all, but he had a Chinese translator, plus I had a Korean friend who came with me, so I didn’t a have a problem understanding what he wanted to say to me.

I will be going to Seoul this December to (re) visit the following clinics:
1.Vip
2. wonjin
3. ID
4. Dream

If any of you are interested to go together, PM me. I forgot to mention that I do have a Korean friend who speaks English and will be coming with me to visit these clinics and any additional clinics you’re interested to check out.

Hi Wai, I am from Texas and I am also waiting to do a revision on my nose. I had my first nose job by Dr. Jung shimmian. And my nose nostrils have a notch now and upturned. I am going to do revision. What is wrong with your nose?

Wai, are you from Texas? I am also from Texas. It would be nice if we go together. But I have to wait for a year before doing revision. I will go next year. If you wait next year, we can go together.

I signed up to message those who mentioned Dr. Wang recently, but I'm unsure how.

I was real set on getting a revision with Dr. Wang, but I've tried to get a quote for months now. I've sent a few emails with one response from their English speaking staff. I couldn't quite understand what she asked and nothing I brought up was addressed. I was discouraged since it seemed other members of the forum were able to correspond with Dr. Wang directly. I imagine he's busy, but I usually hear within a week (often the following day) from the head physican at other facilities. Although that might be since they are the only ones speaking English. I often find Dr. Wang's links not working and now it seems his main sites are down?? Is anyone else experiencing the same? Do they take a very long time to correspond? Should I constantly re-send messages if weeks have past or take it as a sign they don't want me around? :\ I can't seem to find another surgeon who I feel as good about. That's the only reason I haven't given up completely, but I'd be happy to go elsewhere if I find a similar aesthetic.

Not sure if you looked back at previous responses in regards to Dr. Wang but, someone mentioned that a direct person that they know, knows of Dr. Wang (worked with him or is a colleague of some sort) and his clinic and didn't comment too much about him or his clinic. To me, I would interpret that as shady. Also, another mentioned that her rib scar was very bad and wanted to or did get steroid injections for the scar.

As for the site, it's always been working for me- maybe it's your firewall or a blocked port.

Dr. Wang and his staff do take a long time to respond. I've heard from Dr. Wang twice- one was a very brief summary just nodding at everything I said. Not sure if he really did read everything and the second was him stating he was busy and would reply within the next week. Keep in mind, those two emails took forever to get a response to. Constantly emailing doesn't make any difference either.

As far as pricing goes- once you get access to his site again, just choose the 'english' option and find the 'pricing' tab. It should give you a rough estimate, though he nor his staff has ever mentioned any amount, even when I directly asked for them in both emails. Again, that seems very shady to me.

Don't be too discouraged about the b&a's. I've noticed that a lot of Korean surgeons can give that type of "extreme" look, it's just a matter of preference and whats in style (supply and demand). Also, you have to account for the chances of revision, etc. to how high or how much you're augmenting and stressing the skin. That's why I didn't like how Dr. Wang automatically wanted me to come back in 6 months to get a revision. Makes no sense at all.

The 5k, I would assume is if it's done by another surgeon. I was quoted 8k-11k for Dr. Park and that's for primary. No idea how much Dr. Park charges for revisions.

Dr. Wu? I've never heard of him before. I know that O&Young has two founding senior surgeons (Dr. Uhm and Dr. Oh) and two others that are younger but still skilled (Dr. Kim and Dr, Min).

If I do pick O&Young I'd choose the older doctors, for obvious reasons but, the younger doctors also seem quite popular on their message boards- especially Dr. Min.

Had no clue they used all those generic materials. I've only read the notes in Korean that state they only use rib, silicone, septal and ear.

That's awesome, I'm currently living in Texas right now too. It'd be good to go with a few others to have that support since this will be my first time going overseas to get something done.

I don't know if or when I'll ever get my solid three choices down. It's so frustrating! But, I am picky and really want near perfect results so, I'll definitely let you know~ :tup:

Thanks for your thorough response. I've landed on this forum from web searches. I'll try to find what you're referring. Perhaps they mentioned they knew him in case anyone had questions and didn't care to say anything else? I'm not sure why the sites are down for me. I suppose they could be altering it again.

The former posts on Dr. Wang mentioned how swiftly he responded (although one was upset he never had) and how intently he listened to their concerns during consults. I did see how Dr. Wang said you were too detailed, odd given how much they write in their patient stories. I figure that's how Chinese doctors might behave. I used a web translator on a Taiwanese site where the doctor responded to someone's inquiry as "too many questions" then dismissed them to call the office.

They really should mention their price, especially when they know you need to travel and make arrangements. Their price page has a wide range and I notice their prices seem to rise each year when I compare what others on here were quoted. Here is something I copied from that page previously:
"But for secondary rib cartilage rhinoplasty, the cost ranges from 42,000 to 126,000 CNY / 7,000 to 21,000 USD, varying on your previous history and complicacy, based on 1 USD=6.0 CNY @Oct, 2013 Modified."
The upper end is seriously expensive and I couldn't afford that!

I also didn't understand why he wanted you back in 6 months, unless he really wanted to perfect the results for you. I agree his stitches aren't as "clean" looking for eyes, given he's a plastic surgeon. I wasn't happy with my rib scar either. It took years for mine to fade and I'm quite pale, wasn't out tanning. What I didn't like about his work was a bit of asymmetry/leaning and oddly shaped nostrils. They should be oval, but I'm probably being overly critical.

I can now get on Dr. Wang's site again. I wanted to confirm something I saw on another site showing photos of his nurse and crediting a hospital for her results. I'm not sure what to make of him. Maybe since becoming well known they aren't as customer oriented, but postings from just a couple months ago raved about him. Still searching other places, but not getting anywhere.

Do your research and let's plan on going together so we can have a support system and not lonely in a foreign country.