BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I was a patient of Dr Wang. I do think he is overrated. Had mine done in 2009, back then it was in an old shophouse from across the road. Now its in this office building. I had a revision this year with another surgeon in Taiwan. I saw 2 ENT surgeons in Taiwan, both commented on the poor technique. One even said it as a technique he used to use but again this is 2014.

You are right about the oddly shaped nostrils, the nostril will be alot narrowed and become more oval or slit like depending on how much skin your pre-existing nose has. The more you project the tip, the more change to the shape of the nostrils. The nostrils will also be more prominent on the front view.

I heard his prices has gone way up, your post just echoed that to me.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering if I could see your B&A? There have been a few that went with Dr. Wang and raved about him but have never shared or wanted to share their B&A's. I also heard rumors that he photoshops his noses and want to see what his actual work looks like on someone other than his site.

But, if you feel like it's too personal, I respect that.

Thanks, babe.

I'll more than likely be making two or more trips to Korea before I actually get something done- unless, I find a doctor that I'm dead certain that I can place all my trust into.

Either way, if the dates match up, let's go together. I'd enjoy the experience and gain some knowledge and don't mind helping you through your revision recovery:heart:

To me, they look pretty symmetrical. I do notice on the right side that its a bit depressed but thats probably just your maxilla region and no ones face is symmetrical. I have that same issue. I've asked a few surgeons about this and you could use fillers or an implant but, I don't like the idea of adding more to my face than what I need so, for me, I could live with it being a bit asymmetrical. Honestly, I couldn't really tell from that pic.

Also, 3 1/2 weeks is still too soon. I get fillers to my glabella and lips and the swelling lingers for at least a month so, I can only imagine how long it would take a nose job to completely de-swell.

But girl, your nose looks good. Usually from that angle, it tends to look bulbous but, it just looks like its healing in the right direction.

Thanks a lot ddalgi, that's reassuring. It does look crooked from the front on, like the tip is pointing more towards the right. Oddly, Dr. Park only put packing in my right nostril, which I hope was deliberate. I mean, maybe the other nostril wouldn't look so depressed if he had originally put packing in it. I also still have a stitch that hasn't completely dissolved in the right nostril. It's probable that the swelling is from my body absorbing suture material. This whole wait-and-see phase is just so nerve-wracking. It really is the hardest part of the whole process.

i dont think u need to worry about anything yet. What you have is natural asymmetry, something everyone has to some degree. If u had seen what my nostrils looked like before i got it fixed u would know what visible asymmetry is. Pretty much one nostril was oval/triangular shape while the other was round :S. And the good thing for you is that you are still swollen so your nose can only improve :smile: I think you should be more concerned about the over projection you mentioned previously. Has that been alleviated as swelling went down? What did Dr Park say?

I hope it is swelling because the nostrils shape don't look natural. Is your tip upturned and nostrils visible in the front?

It is still over projected but not as bad as a couple weeks ago. Dr. Park (through Daphne) never got back to me about the over projection. I plan on contacting him again soon. I don't expect a detailed analysis though, he seems busy :sad:

My nostrils before were small and round. I agree the shape is drastic and it is quite a change.. my tip is not upturned and my nostrils aren't very visible in the front, but the tip is over projected. I think the over projection may have been intentional to stretch out the thick skin.

your nose a few weeks back was in itself a big improvement from your original nose tho. I think it would be close to perfect if the top of the tip went down a little more. I do hope Dr Park can offer u some assurance that it is swelling. After all u are 3 weeks post op! Noses can take up to a year for the end result to show.

Thanks K, I would be happy if the top of the tip flattened out. Right now it's like a ski slope with a speed bump. Only thing to do is to be patient now. I probably won't update here for at least another month.

Oh thanks for the information! I don't think that I'm gonna pay that much for rhinoplasty. It's not about the price, just paying twice for another doctor seems unreasonable to me!

hi, i am new here. after reading some posts, i am so curious why most of people in this forum are interested in travelling to s.korea, thailand and even china for plastic surgery. i am a chinese and love my country. for any other operations, i am confident at doctors' knowledge and skills in my country. but for plastic surgeries, honestly, i myself do not even trust chinese doctors' skills, because it is totally new in china, and there is only around 10 years development in this field. in china, most of chinese who are interested in plastic surgery agree the best option is first the US and japan, and the last option is to get it done in our country. if there are chances, chinese prefer travelling to the US and japan for plastic surgeries.
s. korea is not the best option for chinese because of korean doctors' aesthetic taste. korean doctors only follow one aesthetic standard to operate their patients, which makes all of these patients sharing the same faces. it just seems like they all have the same parents. for chinese, we can immediately identify which one has their plastic surgery done in s. korea. it can be obviously seen in s. korean celebrities faces. none of them have their own clear feactures in their faces, and it always takes me quite some time to remember who is whom.
however, japanese doctors can make patients more beautiful while maintain their feactures through plastic surgeries. japanese celebrities are easily identified and remembered. the same to the US, and we all agree the US has the best technique and skills doctors, right?
thailand is not a good choice for me either. because there was a documentary in denmark, where i am currently living, about Scandinavian women having their breast implant done in thailand. but most of them have to have their revisions done in their own countries.
i think you may have heard many unsatisfastion stories that plastic surgeries are done in ansian countries, right? so i don't quite understand why most of people in this forum are actually taking decisions of travelling to asian countries, except japan, for their face changing. for me, i will not consider these countries at all right now. yes sure, the cost is less in these countries, however, it is our faces, right? even though some operations can be reversed, but we still get pain and get nothing at the end, right? not even to say, some operations can not be reversed. i prefer waiting a little longer time for saving up enough money and then paying more for higher chances of security and success.