BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I have a number of depressed scars on cheeks and temples due to severe acne. You came out to California for the consult or did you used to reside there?

hrm, I hadn't analyzed my features and didn't notice anything wrong till plastic surgeons would say I have a large upper lip or that my lip was crooked. I was there for chemical peels. Felt self conscious since I wasn't inquiring about other procedures and more than one mentioned. I didn't know you considered shortening that area before, since you might have premax aug which might lengthen it. I'd like if it lifted my lips a bit, particularly at the corners which seem to have sunken over time. If you say it's a regrettable experience I'll believe you. I saw a girl get good results in Europe, but she's white and doesn't have thicker skin like myself. I do hate my alar scar. Even though it's clear it's an indented scar that makeup can't hide, just sinks into, and accentuates more. I was going to ask doctors if they redid my alar with philtrum shortening, if I could avoid the open procedure cutting across the columella. My skin doesn't handle scarring well. Thank you for the warning. Maybe if I lengthen my nose, it'll conceal my hideously oversized philtrum!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

Went for consultations with JW (dr suh) and Fresh rhinoplasty (dr ahn tae hwan) earlier today!

Fresh rhinoplasty

Clinic is located in yangjae station away from where all the other popular clinics are clustered at. Went in, filled a form and got to see Dr ahn immediately. If I were to put it simply, I felt that he was a good doctor. He spent about 40 minutes with me during consultation describing to me what he would do and giving me alternatives to achieve what I wanted. The clinic however, didn't give me the feel of a plastic surgery clinic. I felt that it placed more emphasis on its ENT specializations.
Was quoted 4.5m for a dermal graft for nose bridge + septal and ear cartilage for tip.

JW

I ended up choosing this clinic because of the reviews on this forums and also because I felt I could trust dr suh. He was really clear in his explanations and he too suggested a dermal graft + ear and septal for tip but he added that he might need to add donor rib cartilage on the tip if my ear and septal isn't enough. I was quoted 4.2m initially but managed to bargain down to 3.9..

Went over to dream and had a look around too.. Place looks super posh and they had many korean customers going in and out.

So I'm booked for surgery on Monday.. Hopefully it turns out well..

Kakao is Sammyy122 if u guys need anything!

sammy did the dr explain why dermal graft? why not use silicon? thank you.

Simply because I told him I don't want foreign implants. Dermis is definitely not going to be able to achieve that slim smooth contour but that's not what I'm hoping for since I'm a guy. So I chose dermofat

Hi guys!!
Newbie here and going to have my nose job with dr wang in dalian, china VERY SOON in coming weeks.
Settled transportation, visa and all the hassles.
Btw I feel quiet torned recently. Hesitating should I rlly need to get the nj fm him...or, change my mind, go to dr hsu in kaoshiung, taiwan instead.
I rlly need somebody to talk to:shucks: so as to enlighten me on my coming ps...

Hi inlusio:smile: nice to meet u
Do u mind to let me know whr did u get yr primary n revision done respectively?
I like "ou shi bi"..and hv a vr flat nose and wish to hv a drastic change after nj...
The reason why I book tickets to dalian is bc I can see the drastic chg of dr wang's patients fm his website...but as my ps day is coming nearer n nearer, I feel kidda worried and I dk why..is he rlly overrated? It is worth for me to spent money on him? I am worried bc I cant afford to do any revision if anythg goes wrong..I am jus a poor student and hv money restriction...I am afraid I will ruin my own life due to wrong decision.

Should I chg my mind to taiwan, whrby nj provided is more conservative and secure?

Quick question, I am a sporty person and play squash competitively...
Is there any discomfort if I harvest my rib for rhinoplasty after indulging in intensive exercise?

I emailed few doctors but they seems like ignore this question which is vr important to me..
Thanks in advance for those who enlighten me:smile:

the harvest site will be temporarily tender for a few weeks. U would want to avoid any intensive exercise until your pain is alleviated so definitely be patient with the healing. Also, depending on your skin type, you may end up with a keloid. Asians are especially prone to keloids on the body area. Im a prime example which is why i tend to avoid body procedures where incisions cannot be concealed.

Go with what your heart/instinct tell you. If you're not 100% comfortable either postpone the surgery until your questions are answered or go with someone else. Good luck.

Hi Kain! Long time no see. How have you been? How's your tip? Has it stop its descent? :biggrin:

I had it done with VIP just a little over a year ago. I can tell you I don't notice the scar. It took about a year for the tightness around scar to become much less noticeable. It still feels tight with certain movements and at times I have to concentrate on pronouncing certain English words. I don't feel the implant though.

Did you ever receive a response to this question? I too am interested in what doctors in Seoul are known for rhinoplasty on the typical Caucasian/western style face. I've lived in Japan for the last couple of years (will be here another couple of years before returning stateside) and while there are plenty of PS options in Tokyo, I'm just not sure they can handle what I need. Although I would highly recommend Plaza or Shinagawa for botox.