BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primary and revision Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang in Taiwan. I think you can ask Dr Wang whether he still uses graft at the premaxilla area. If it's affirmative, i would really think twice. Also be sure to look carefully at the front view of his patients, i am sure you will see some post-op cases in the clinic.
I went back to exercise 2 weeks post-op. A bit of discomfort but doesn't bother me. It depends on individual.

Another question...sorry :shrug:

Has anyone ever modified the PS non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement?

For example:

If I consulted with a doctor to do a surgery, I expect the doctor that I've consulted with to do the actual surgery. That needs to be in the contract.

If "procedure ABC" were discussed/agreed upon, then I expect to see "procedure ABC" listed in the contract.

Ya...i emailed the same question to few docs twice and thrice and none of them ans me...all of them seems to be ignoring my concern..loll..btw, thanks for sharing me this..it is really informative:smile:

The tenderness really scare me off. I am afraid that I hv to sacrifice my squash after the autologous nj.
May I know whr did u get yr nj done? What material u opted at last? If yr body is not keloid prone, would u consider rib rhinoplasty? I am curious..mind sharing? heheh;)

Good to hear fm you and it is very inspiring. There's lots of questions start popping out in my head and I was rlly miserable bc thr is nobody for me to talk to and share with. Glad to found this forum and met you guys..:smile:
perhaps postpone the surgery will be my very last resort if im still unsure :shucks:

Hi Lexethan:smile: just wondering the difficulties in certain pronunciation is due to the rib or the nose itself?

I have slight protrude mouth and premaxilla area is one of my main concern.
May I know what's the exact procedure to be used in the premaxilla area?
What was dr wang's technique years before?
I will try to ask him tmr n keep u guys updated.
Thanks for yr time :smile:

The most pain is the first week after surgery. It was only bothersome when trying to get out of bed as you need to use your abdominal muscles to pull yourself up. That will pull on you ribs as well. However, after the first week it was nothing. Don't worry about the pain; no pain no gain. It's not bad!

I had my 2nd revision (3rd rhino) at Dream. My 1st revision was using autologous cartilage and i ended up getting extrusion from the cartilage. Yes cartilage can extrude contrary to popular belief. I decided upon ultra soft silicone and its the best decision i ever made. Perfect shape and structure and gave me a beautiful nose. Even if i wasn't prone to keloids i still would avoid rib cartilage like the plague. Only because I have first hand experienced the common side effects with the use of cartilage. And that is: potential asymmetry, bumps, humps and scarring from the harvest site. My belief is that if it is your primary rhino, avoid cartilage. The common belief is that if it comes from your body it must be good. This is true to an extent but it is aesthetically inferior to that of artificial implants

It's due to the scarring/tightness and you know how when you smile or move your upper lip, the upper part of your mouth/base of nose moves up a bit? Well, rib surgery pretty much fuses that area so no upward movement at the base of the nose. Make sure you exercise that area by forceful smile regularly but don't do it until after 3 months or so to let things set before you do it. You may accidentally move the strut.

motherhen,
I had alar reduction done 1 month ago. It does help to reduce my super duper bulbous nose tip, however, the scar is so obvious. Hopefully the scar will fade away.

Have you checked Dr. Wang's frontals? I noticed they tend to only post a lot of side shots and not too many frontals. All the ones that I've see from the front DO NOT look that appealing. They have a very large bulbous look and not very refined looking. I prefer a sharper nose with the natural breaks in it so that it blends in with your whole face- otherwise you get a giant beak in the center of your face... which A LOT (if not all) of Dr. Wang's noses look like... but, that's just my opinion.

Also, a forumer posted that she had a nasty scar after getting rib done with Dr. Wang. I've read other patients stories and reviews on Korean sites (with Korean doctors- of course...) and they complained about pain for the first few days but none mentioned of raised, fleshy scars.

Dr. Wang was my first pick too but, I quickly changed it and knocked him off of my list after him beating around the bush with my questions, others' reviews, and ultimately thinking that he wasn't going to be the doctor I would pick in the end.

I'd rather be safe than sorry and if you're having second thoughts- you should reschedule and wait until you are ready.

Best of luck to you:heart:

Oddly enough, I find that most nostril work is far superior in the States! All the ones in Korea, that I've seen online and in-person DO NOT look that great... The Korean doctors tend to make the nostrils look round and piggish...not my taste...

Anyhow, my friend got her nose done in Korea last year but, her nostrils weren't addressed so she got it done here and they look amazing. Not too sure what the doctor did but they looked a lot thinner and smoother and complimented her entire nose and face VERY well. Another didn't want a complete nose job- just to narrow her nostrils and she went to the same doctor and hers came out so pretty too- they both do not have visible scars. I plan on doing the same thing, if need be.

Just remember, just because it's in Korea or over seas doesn't mean they'll be the best at every procedure.