BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Wish you a speedy recovery! Why are people waking?! What's up with the anesthesiologist! If there is one?? Has to be so traumatic to wake and twice!! My fear is I'd be too immobile to even get out the words it hurts! That's why my initial response to my parents telling me to go to Korea was a no. Had my first rhinoplasty (L shaped silicone) with a Korean doctor in California using local. Was so horribly painful I still remember and it was almost two decades ago. I didn't complain, but the nose is a highly sensitive area. Couldn't help the involuntary tears. I learned later it's not meant to be painful. I'm Korean and sometimes get the impression they don't have as much concern for pain management or have a higher tolerance for it. When I've seen Yakson, they cringe in pain yet it's so popular.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on needing to see good frontal views. Sites really adore profiles or 45 angles, which is flattering but I want to see the fronts! I get a bit suspicious if there aren't any or many posted. That's what gets me to move on. Btw, who did your friends see for good alar work? I had mine done during revision in California, but was left with the rounded sides that I don't like either. One side healed better than the other and it's either that or upper lip implant removal that caused asymmetry. I was very hesitant on cutting that area. Didn't know anyone who had back then and feared it being stitched unevenly.

Tingling? Where incisions were? It's normal to feel a 'tickle' to a lil jolt where you've been cut. I believe it's the nerves trying to reconnect? I've had my nose done many years ago and feel unexplainable pain at times. It passes.

Slow season not sure. I'd imagine school breaks are busier due to foreigners. I'm curious about your question too, since you hear about doctor switching. You could ask the office manager about amending agreement.

I used to play tennis regularly. I'm sorry I can't recall exactly when I felt okay with such activities. It's not just the twisting you need to watch, but anything accidentally hitting against your nose and chest. While squash is indoors, you'll want to avoid the sun as well. I like reading in bed on my stomach against my elbows. I asked about that and it was a "no" for many months. The hardest thing for me and what I dread the most was the prolonged fatigue! I was put under "twilight" was very nauseated getting up immediately, felt completely useless the first several days, and raced home from school just to sleep. I'm really amazed when I read people post or sightsee straight after surgery. I couldn't get myself to take the recommended walks right away or do as many as I liked. I had to be woken by my sisters to eat and take my pills the first few days. Otherwise, I'd probably have slept around the clock! I needed someone to lean against walking to the bathroom at first. Steps and any vibration to the midsection hurt. Is it just me? Or did others have a difficult time getting anesthesia out of their system as well.

Hey!
I was thinking of going in September or Oct. Planned to go in July but didn't work out.
How can I contact you?

Also guys, Has anyone had a revision experience with a nose that'd been done using rib cartilage??? What would be a better option to correct it? Silicone, gortex or?
Having a hard time with that :sad:
I'm also afraid that there are not so many surgeons who are able to do that kind of surgery well.

After much research, I have my heart set on JW. My major insecurity has always been my wide dorsal base and I have been looking into osteotomy. Also I have the slightest alar flare which makes me look like a whiny little girl.hahah so maybe alar reduction as well? Who knows? Anyway I'm waiting on a price quote from JW, I will try and keep you guys updated on my transformation.muahahah

hi everyone! i'm new to purseforum and have been looking through this thread for clinics to visit when i'm in korea for the wintertime. i''m interested in getting alar base reduction and making my tip a little more pointy. are there any clinics that i should avoid (blotched jobs) and should look into? so far i noted JW to be a popular choice. has anyone heard of Semin?

Hey so I'm almost two weeks post opt and I wanted to a crowed area with wearing a mask (too hot), now I'm worried does this increase my chance of infection? Too much bacteria I imagine. I wasn't thinking straight when I did this, not yet used to have this nose. The clinic also didn't say anything about this.
Also, how does on keeps ones face clean after the surgery, and skin care form long term protection?
When can one dye ones hair and curl?

JW price quote:
Osteotomy + Alar Reduction = roughly $4500

I have around $7000 saved and I really wanna plan my trip now before school starts up again, so I've been obsessively searching for cheap air fares and accommodation. Any pointers or tips would be great!

Thanks :biggrin: I've been using Momondo. The cheapest tickets I found so far are $1115. I think it would be best if I stayed in a hostel near by, I don't plan on having any other procedure. Also this is JUST A THOUGHT of a very frugal student but what do your guys think of staying the night in a jimjilbang? I probably know what you guys are thinking.hahah anywho thinking about flying out from Kansas in mid January, anyone know how brutal South Korean winters are?