BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I'm in Tokyo (two hours flight time east of S. Korea) and it is currently 87 degrees (but feels like 102 degrees). In January it is cold (lows in the 20's, highs in the high 30's/low 40's). The few times I have traveled between Seoul and Tokyo (for work) weather has always been very similar.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, school breaks differ. In the Far East the longer breaks are New Years, most of March, Golden Week, and a couple of weeks in July....yet in the US, the big breaks are around Thanksgiving/Winter break and then June/July. It seems that leaves February, September, October and part of November for slow season. Can anyone verify this? It seems like slow season would be ideal as the Dr. would not be rushed/tired.

Once I'm down to my final four consults, I'm going to black line/red line the contract to my liking. It seems like it would be an easy way to have a "best practices" standard that would be enforceable. Especially considering that the practices rely on and enforce the non-disclosure agreement and most contracts favor the drafting party.

Oh! Okay :smile: well that's not too bad!

Hi flatnose. I did my nose with Dr Wang about a month ago. Everything went great and I like the results. You can ask me anything.

Sorry, I wasn't aware breaks differed there. For US, it's a few months for summer then about a month in early or mid December. A week around Easter. Along with a four day weekend for Thanksgiving. I've always lived on the west coast, the rest of the country has snow days and probably differs. I'm not certain on the 'slow months' concept in Korea. It'll depend upon whether the clinics you're interested in has a lot of locals visiting. From a comfort perspective, I prefer the months you mentioned. I've twice had rhinoplasty during summers and won't ever again. Last time I could tell I broke out a bit under the taping. :sad: The nurse kindly cleaned up my nose before the reveal. If you're like me and easily irritated by humidity, it's even more difficult when you can't freely wash up.

I tried to refrain from mentioning, cause I don't want to seem I'm arguing a point. However, I know people (including myself) are here to learn from posts. I've seen it mentioned a number of times that implants use one approach, while more invasive requires another. I've had two prior rhinoplasties both using closed approach.

The revision was with my own rib and under "twilight" sedation. Which I was told would be less invasive than general. My surgery was not some new revelation. It occurred about 15 years ago. Perhaps in Asia it's more common to practice the open approach with cartilage. If so, I'm disappointed since its often touted they use advanced methods. From what I knew, if a doctor used the closed approach that's what they used regardless. I'd never heard of them switching back and forth. I've seen complicated cases where noses were destroyed due to disease or drug use. A doctor who prides themselves on their use of closed approach uses it no matter how complex the case.

While I'm looking to get my nose redone, nothing about the use of closed approach had to do with that. My nose has held up for many years. My issues were more a difference of views aesthetically.

Hi lemmiknox,

Great to know that you like the results of your nose by Dr. Wang. Isn't that the most wonderful feeling after a PS procedure one can ask for?! I remember looking him up quite a bit a while back, profiles of his patients were very impressive. Now I couldn't even get to his official website :confused1: There have been some mixed reviews on Dr. Wang in the forum, but overall not a whole lot info.

Some of the questions I have are list here, but feel free to pick the ones u feel like answering please :smile: Thanks in advance :P

1. Were they busy when you were there?
2. How does the hospital/clinic look like?
3. Did you see lots of paients after surgeries? Did they look happy and good with their noses?
4. Did Dr. Wang talk about the need of revision before surgery?
5. Did he do anything for your premaxilla periosteum? If so what did he do? and are you feeling ok with that part so far?
6. Did u do rib cartilage? if so, how is your chest recovering?
7. Is it very expensive now to do nose with Dr. Wang?

Happy healing and enjoy your new nose!

I need some advice on a procedure:
I really dislike my alar crease because it gives me a whiny appearance and I have a wide dorsal base which I am going to have osteotomy on. Now I am trying to find a solution to change my alar crease, I was advised to have alar reduction but I don't have a problem with the size of my alars JUST the crease. Is anyone familiar with cartilage graft to correct alar crease/indentation? Also do you guys think after having osteotomy, the alar crease may not look so annoying?

I think u look beautiful ! I always advice that before doing something u can't undone... Think twice! There is no perfect nose but just a perfect one that fits ur face!

If this is your primary, please choose very carefully. I had a really bad experience with my primary and thank god thru his mercy my revision is wonderful! I literally lived I misery for like 9 months and let me tell u, nothing is worth that at all... Especially for a plastic surgery! I will say go with ur gut and ask, ask, and ask! Do not go under the knife without knowing and trusting ur surgeon!i wish someone had warned me about this as I could of got back 9 months of crying! I love my nose now and that came with lots of $ visiting ps in NYC ... I spent probably over $1k just for consultation but this taught me a great lesson, take nothing lightly when it comes to this! Good luck n god bless!

I don't want to bad mouth a doc on the site as he may of improved or I was just unlucky .... If you would like to know pm me. Thx!

I personally had a revision with Dr Kwan... He is great ! He revised a very difficult nose ( bless his heart). I was so nervous with my revision that I visited him numerous time before letting him operate on me( my primary was a lesson I will never 4get). He was very informative and honest. He told me what was wrong with my primary rhino and gave me an honest assessment of the possibility to fix. He was recommended by another top plastic surgeon. It's been two years since my revision and I have to say, I like my face more and more. It enhanced my look ( compared to my natural face.. Let's not even mention to my primary). I am very happy with it now but came with a heavy price thou! So please choose wisely on your first.... I had so many people praying for my revision ( I was so depressed)and I was blessed! So highly recommend Dr Kwan but do your own homework and ask, ask, and ask! I wrote down everything I wanted and made a copy for him when I visited him. I still see him for Botox... And he still check up on my nose and I always thank him with a grateful heart for a new confidence in life and myself! You can read about my horror experience in my past posts.... Best if luck everyone and I am always willing to help if u have questions bc I been thru the worst feeling!
For those of u looking for revision... Please try not to go back to the doc who did a blot job on u! I mean, if you keep doing the something ... How can u expect diff result? Bravely take the lessons u learned and use those knowledge with the docs u visit!

Hope this helps!