BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Wanted to clarify when I said it came with heavy price.... What I meant was my primary rhino was such a misery but now I got a nose that enhanced my face :smile:. Dr kwan's pricing is so very reasonable ... He was cheaper than my primary rhino! Anyway... Prices if the surgery had nothing to do with how good your nose will turn out!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it depends if ure issue with the crease is caused by bone or excess fatty tissue which is creating irregularities over the plains of your nose. Only a surgeon would know after examining your nose in person. It could even be a case whereby its a mix of both.

Hey MrsKing, I know you tried to PM, sorry about that, my inbox was full.

I'd be happy and answer your questions.

1. Were they busy when you were there?
Quite busy. Not so busy that it seemed like frantic factory line. But everyone had a job to do. I tried asking what season they were the busiest, and they said that they're always busy. You need to book months ahead.

2. How does the hospital/clinic look like?
It's a small clinic. Nothing lavish nor luxurious like the ones in Korea that's for sure. But I like it better as it has more of a modest ambience to it. Nothing show-offish.

3. Did you see lots of patients after surgeries? Did they look happy and good with their noses?
Many patients would just hang out and chill at the clinic. Everyone seemed to be happy and in good spirits. Can't say much about their noses because they were either in bandages or swollen, but the ones I saw that were passed that looked great.

4. Did Dr. Wang talk about the need of revision before surgery?
Yes, he is very honest about the possibility of revision. He mentioned that early on he had to have many revision cases to fix up things like warping, but as time went on he developed new methods to decrease the chances of such complications, but stressed that it's impossible to predict these things and that revision may be necessary and is quite common. If you do need to come back for a minor revision, it will be at a reduced price and easy fix.

5. Did he do anything for your premaxilla periosteum? If so what did he do? and are you feeling ok with that part so far?
He used rib cartilage to bring my premax forward and bring my columella downwards. That part is pretty stiff and may cause difficulty to smile for a while, but it should return to normal in due time.

6. Did u do rib cartilage? if so, how is your chest recovering?
Yep. It's been 5 weeks and so far it's pretty good. Scar looks just like any incision scar. In terms of pain, give it a week or two.

7. Is it very expensive now to do nose with Dr. Wang?
To be completely honest, I would say it is on the higher end of the spectrum of Asian rhinoplasty. It's not cheap. But when you're considering the fact that it's using rib, it includes paranasals and premaxillar, his prices are kind of on par with Koreans clinics which offer rib also. Not to mention the post-op care has been second to none. The nurses will clean your nose and check up every day, and they will bring you food or even take you out to eat. They're incredibly friendly and personable. However, there's another doctor in the clinic who has trained with Dr Wang for about 10 years. If you elect to have surgery with her then you can get a lower price. I've seen her work in person and I'd say it's just as good. If you check out their Chinese website you can see some of her results. Also if you're a student you get a 10% off discount.

Hope this helps.

lemmiknox, thanks a million for a detailed report! This might just be the most complete report on Dr Wang that I know from the forum. I am sure it will help lots off ppl who are interested in rib rhino. Its really nice of you to take the time answering all of the questions.

Sounds like you had a real nice experience with Dr. Wang -happy for you. Please keep us posted on your progress. Enjoy your new nose!

Thank you Sammie! Yes I'm so critical about my nose but it's something that has bothered me for the longest time! I understand what you're saying but I just want to be able to explain to the doctor because I want to get the most out of my nose!haha not looking for a drastic change, just more definition but all in all I am just getting cold feet thinking about everything the doctor could be doing better if I am able to explain everything.

Yeah that is true and I kind of figured :/

Thanks Lemmiknox for your insight on Dr Wang,

Hi GUYS,

I am new here, im asian male, of late twenties, thinking of undergoing rhino with rib cartillage.
here are the doctors i am considering for:

VIP of korea
DR Wang Ting of DALIAN CHINA
and Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang of Taiwan.

I believe these clinics are best for rib cartillage rhino and they had been doing them daily. may i ask for recommendations of these clinics?
i have been to VIP to do my double eyelid surgery but i do not know if i want to do my nose there. i know VIP has this unique nose procedure that is called harmony rhino" - i believe it combines ordinary rib rhino with paranasal augmentation for faces such as sunken face...correct me if i am wrong. the have some good before after pictures there, but also some bad reviews around the internet.

so these are my 3 choices. i am ready to go anytime soon and take the pain as soon as possible. however i still have doubts and unsure of which one is best for me.

if you guys are planning for rhino these very near coming months with one these doctors,
please do let me know. it would be a delight if we could discuss of what we know (many brains are better than one). even better, if you are planning to go within these coming few months, lets go together, its much more enjoyable to have similar friends with you. (i went by myself on my first surgery and it was boring and inconvenient as hell).

I'm going to do nose job in Sept. I'm considering VIP. I'm planning for silicone implant for bridge and using ear and septal catilage for tip area. Anyone had done this procedure at VIP?

seo

VIP's Facial Harmony schtick seems to be just a marketing gimmick like Dr Charles Lee of Beverly Hill's "All Natural" label. Not bashing in VIP, I think its a great clinic. Just don't want people falling for nothing more than marketing terms.

Dr Wang does the same thing and it's standard procedure. So no, its not that unique.

If anything you could stop by at Dalian and consult with Dr Wang and then head to Seoul right after which is only 1-2h flight away. There's a crazy idea.

BTW you should book with Dr Wang now, because when I was there, the consultant told me they were booked out for surgery until August.

Hi lemmiknox...great to heard fm you and glad that you are happy with you new nose =)
Actually I am suppose to be in dalian now if I board on flight couple hours before. Yes..I am still unsure =< and I let it go although I aldy settled airfare, visa etc...(such a waste thou)
To be frank, I just feel that I am not vr well prepared...psychologically. I just need some times to get my mind fixed..=x And go comfortably once I aldy get my thgs settled and vr sure with my decision.

Three questions for you, did dr wang ever offer artificial implant? Second, did they push you into fat injection for the whole face? How much you paid for the surgery..it is the same amount they quoted you?

Thanks for your time..=)

my god Lemmiknox, that was a hell fast reply, thanks man for the info.

Hi Steph81 too, i have been to VIP to do my eyes, also genio with Dr Lee. i have not done any nose with him so i cant comment on that. I believe Dr Lee is most famous for the nose job. when i was there, VIP provides free condotel to stay during recovery..(depend on how big your surgery is)
if i am voting for VIP again, you are welcomed to join me.

yes i kinda agree with you on that, if you look at the VIP harmony rhinoplasty section pictures, they were not talking much about it, just before and after pictures. i truly believe it is rib rhinoplasty combined with PARANASAL AUGMENTATION/ NOBLE SURGERY some say)---correct me if i am missing out.
i did message dr Wang Ting, its brigette thats answering, here is the recommendation:

1)nose bridge augmentation;
(2)nose tip extension which will correct your problems of sunken mid-face and protruding mouth;
(3)nose tip and alar reduction;
(4) nasal columella base augmentation which will change your nasolabial angle;
(5)columella drop down which helps adjust your concave columella.

everything seems cool. if you must know, my nose is that asian type short and bulbous with little or hardly any nose bridge. and one more thing, if you look from the side, i guess my nose look a bit sunken, that is why i am considering VIP harmony surgery( paranasal augmentation) or perhaps DR kao rhino with paranasal augmentation.
the weird thing is, Dr Wang Ting or at least Bridgette didnt recommend me this procedure or does it come as standard for Dr Wang's Rhino package.
Lemmiknox, may i know if you had the paranasal augmentation together with your rhino.

also, may i ask why is that Dr Wang makes us feel that rib rhino has some degrees of warping and likeliness for revision only to come back to him again. i heard chances of warping is less than 1%, that makes your rib nose pretty much last forever correct? i appreciate his honesty and frankness but is this expected of Rib Rhino? i heard that given properly extracted by experienced surgeon, revision or coming back isnt required at all as warping wont likely occur.

Hei Flatnose,

I guess i know how you feel exactly.
i am in the verge of uncertainty. i wanna get done to it and finish is asap but i am scared i might pick the wrong doctor or decisions. i was about to get onboard back to VIP korea, but then i am still unsure, thats why i might give a little time,
i might pick Dr Wang from Dallian or Dr Kao.

this is madness, all these doctors that i pick are all in different countries requiring 3 different visas. so far, i only have 1 visa (korea), next few days i might get Taiwan visa.
This is the level of uncertainty that i have.

for those of you whom your heart attached to only few selection, BE GLAD.
your mind would not be put into a state of enigma that i am in right now.

Lemmiknox, did Dr Wang treated you good there and how about their after-care? are they nice and responsible to their work?

1% chance of warping for rib cartilage is an underestimation. Rib cartilage always poses a risk of warping over time. This risk can be minimized through cartilage shaping and cutting technique tho. If this is your primary rhino, speaking from personal experience and knowing the experience of others, i would advise you to avoid autologous cartilage grafts to the bridge area. Aesthetically, results are incomparable to that of artificial implants because you are able to obtain a perfect shape with the use of materials such as ultra soft silicone. Just because something comes from your body doesn't necessarily make it better. Aesthetic side effects are also not rare with the use of cartilage grafts to the bridge area. This can include bumps, humps and asymmetry, all of which i've had to endure. I recently had my 3rd nose job to remove a botched up cartilage graft and replaced it with ultra soft silicone and i now have an amazingly shape nose.

It's good to be prepared. Rhinoplasty is no joke, it's a big deal.

Yes he offered artificial implants. He's not a rib exclusive guy. my implant is actually Goretex and rib was used for everything else. And he explains the pros and cons for each and lets you decide.

They didn't push me into anything. Everything is up to you. The fat graft thing is just a huge trend happening over there right now, many local Chinese elect to have it done based on results.

I paid the same amount I was quoted over email. They're stern on price, so it's not like Korea where you can bend them. I tried. But if you're a student you get a 10% discount. Just bring your card.

I had paranasal done using Goretex. But usually the premax is enough to push forward the midface in some cases. If you see him in person he can tell you if you're a good candidate for paranasals. He did for me.

Yeah dude, warping is the number 1 complication of using rib cartilage. Doctors can only minimise the chances of it happening but if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. They can use K-wire to fix the cartilage, but it'll show up in x-ray and you have to come back to get it removed. But he says fixing the warping issue is super easy and a minor procedure. They won't charge you much to get that tweak.

Dr Wang's clinic gave the the best post-op care of any clinic I've been to. The staff is super friendly and personable, and because it's a small clinic there's a real tight-knit family vibe going on. Brigette the patient coordinator is super sweet and will hold your hand the entire way through your stay. At times they coddled me a little too much that made me feel incredibly guilty, but they all insisted that it was their duty.

Don't be scared about being foreign, they love their foreign patients and will give you extra attention. Even though I didn't speak Chinese I never felt like I was stuck behind a language barrier. If you speak Chinese, I guarantee you'll leave with them as new friends. lol.

Dr Wang is really nice, although when I was he seemed kind of strapped for time, but when he sat down to talk to me I had his full attention and never seemed bothered by anything I asked him even though he's probably answered it a million times already.

Overall Dr Wang's clinic is top notch. He runs a tight ship. If you ever have any reservations about it, don't. It's 100% legit. Just go. Dalian is a nice city, you forget you're in China sometimes. Looks like Russia.