BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I knew a gal went there to have her nose revision using rib, her tip become very define!! but a bit fake, but i haven't saw her after she deswell. But she claimed that she like the result right after the surgery as now some rib cartilage reabsorbed.

Btw, you use gortex or silicon for your bridge??

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.egms.de/static/en/journals/cto/2008-6/cto000042.shtml

So silicon has a higher complication rate (migration/ infection/ asymmetry/ extrusion). However, it is easier to remove and revise when complications do occur. Can look shiny.

Goretex has a lower complication rate but to have it removed requires removal of tissue which damages your nose more. Looks more natural than silicon.

Rib has the lowest complication rate but is more invasive/painful/expensive and requires a skilled surgeon to prevent warping. How complicated is it to revise?

Is this right or am I mistaken?

that excerpt doesn't differentiate between the different forms of silicone available, and each kind of silicone has vast differences which affect the end result and potential complications. Hence I believe that excerpt isn't entirely accurate.

Rib is difficult to revise if the implant used is oversized, or if its the diced method used. An oversized rib will likely to be unable to remove by closed rhino. Usually if only the bridge requires revision a surgeon will simply do it via closed but when the implant is oversized that's not possible. I've seen oversized rib in patients before and i'm not entirely sure why their surgeons would even consider placing an implant of that size in their nose. I'm also under the impression its not necessarily a rare occurance from the number of cases i've seen which baffles me even more. Also the diced cartilage method could potentially require excision of tissue and risk tissue damage. Mine when revised had to be grinded out because the diced cartilage wrapped in fascia had penetrated into my skin wall. :sad: Also, note that fascia is somewhat similar to goretex in that it actually grows into the tissues. And for the diced method fascia is a requirement to hold the implant in place. Some surgeons will actually wrap a non diced rib graft with fascia too because they feel this lowers risk of warping. But this is still debated.

Guys what is the best method to add projection of anterior nasal spine drastically without interupt / increase the distance of nose-lip ? custom lambda shaped implant? diced cartilage? collumelar strut? anyone who has successful experience with it please sharee... been years and still find no satisfied solution.. :shucks:

I was very interested in having my nose job in my 20s but lack of money and downtime make me explore other routes.
Explore all your option, nose enhancers like nosesecret, fillers and it f surgery is your last resource go ahead.

Dreamii ~
I was under local anesthesia for my primary nosejob! I can see the doctor shooving the implant to my nose! It doesnt hurt tho.. Just abit awkward lol

Have u guys heard anything about silitex? Its a combination of silicone and goretex. I got quotation from LIFE ps for my revision using silitex. Is it any good? Do anyone here hv the experience with silitex before?

LIFE PS:
Rhino revision: 1,980,000 KR (silitex+ear cartilage, dont know what method i assume open surgery)
Eye revision: 3,200,000 KR

Like whaaaa?! How come eye revision is more expensive than the nose? maybe they misplaced the pricee...?? O_o

Pitangui:
Rhino revision: 3,500,000-4,000,000 KR (i shaped silicone+ear cartilage, closed surgery)
Eye revision: 1,800,000-2,300,000 KR

Still waiting emails from Dream, JW, TLPS, View, Item, Darps and Migo

I will have my primary nose job on nov, and will update you after my surgery:smile:! I will use silicon as i think rib is too invasive and i dont want to go under general anesthesia

Hi ,
I will do rhino revision soon.. :smile: my first rhino was also under sedation so im just curios if anyone will go through sedation for their revision again.. ^^ anyway I think would want to go through sedation again for my revision...
Thank you

Ugh... I'm very seriously considering diced cartilage with fascia, but after reading about your accounts, I'm forced to reconsider.
Is there no safe option for autologous tissue implants? :sad: Rib graft would leave me with too high a bridge since I only need a slight lift. And dermis graft has a high rate of reabsorption...

well autologous implants are certainly safer, but the soft silicones are safe too. Deciding between the two forms would come down to aesthetic superiority, that being the artificial implants. Alsoyou might want to look into auto dermis. It might have a lower absorption rate than your own harvested dermis depending on the way in which it is treated. I don't know enough about it to provide any detailed info tho sowwie

I read that since silicone is a foreign body that never fuses with your body it has the benefit of being easy to repair, but at the same time carries the risk of extrusion, moving, etc. FOREVER. Which is why I from the beginning crossed off silicone as a possible option for me.
Hmm.... :$ I wish december was over already so my surgery and all my concerns are already laid to rest.