BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

any thoughts on AT clinic and Top Class PS? Out of tons of B&A pics from other clinic in my opinion these two have the most natural result. But they doesn't seem to be popular in our forum?
http://www.atro.co.kr/
http://www.topps.co.kr/new2014/en/service/lists/page/1/b_id/4/cate_no/0
I wonder if there are english translator at AT because their website doesn't come in English version .. .

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, i will let you know where i have my nose job done! I will open a thread and share my experience in nov:smile: I am planning to use septum or ear cartilage for tip and silicon for bridge

The risk depends on what type of silicone is used. The studies do not differentiate between the different forms. Also contrary to popular belief autologous grafts also have a risk of extrusion tho lower than artificial implants. You'll find theres quite a difference in opinion too with the whole autologous vs artificial implantation between surgeons who train and practice in western society to that of the the asian surgeons.

Don't ever consider Vietnamese surgeons for plastic surgeries. They screwed my noses twice! There's absolutely no good PS surgeon there!

Good luck for ur revision!! Which PS clinic are u going? mind sharing some info?
:smile:

Like ultra soft silicone? I can't find that much info about it on the web. The only advantage I've read is that it places less pressure on your tissue and skin. I guess that means it also has a lower risk of extrusion?

Surgeons on realself are saying that you can use ear cartilage for both tip and minor bridge height. Although you'd need to use both ears. I think that seems worth considering. I think I'd only need 2.5 mm increase based on the fillers I got 2 years ago.

I don't like the idea of silicone not being permanent. It might be the easiest to remove but requiring an operation 10-20 years down the line, to have it removed, then having to wait a full year before getting a new implant in... It fills me with dread.

yeh i was referng to ultra soft silicone. Ultra soft silicone is a brand btw. There's other variations of this form of implant on the market atm. Anyways, compared to the older forms of hard silicone, this kind places significantly less pressure on the tissues. If you have the chance to touch the implant you will find that it is as soft as a sponge. The issue with silicone not being permanent has got to do with the hard silicone placing a lot of pressure on your tissues which eventually causes it to thin out and weaken, thus greatly increasing the potential for future extrusion. The ultra soft is actually even softer than cartilage.itself, and at the end of the day autologous grafts is still a foreign object that is not meant to be there, hence while risk of extrusion and infection is lower it still does happen and permanency is not guaranteed as with all forms of implants.

Also with diced cartilage, you need to consider resorption. It will happen and the rates cannot be measured as it differs from person to person. Just depends how your body reacts. When I removed my diced cartilage, Dr park placed it into a tray for me. I was shocked that it had gone through so much resorption and was so tiny. Literally it had become the size of a match stick. I was actually incredibly surprised that something so small could extrude and damage my skin.

There's pros and cons to each type of implant which will act as a deterrent when we make out decisions. What makes it even more difficult is that you will find plethora of conflicting information from surgeons who advoate different implant types and techniques. For example, on realself, which primarily consists of western surgeons you will find they are suggesting the supposed tightening effect from acculift is non-existent. While Korean surgeons absolutely swear by it. So in this sense, for certain procedures we won't really know what is most effective until we try it.

You're totally right. What you read on Korean ps websites and what you read on Real Self is so different i don't know how I should make my decision. As for reabsorption, that's okay with me. When I was going around for consultations in 2012, I was told a 1-2mm implant would be enough for me--which is why I chose not to do an implant since. Why take on all the risks and costs of an implant when the change would be so minor? That is what I thought then...

I was thinking that 1-2mm lift would be worth the money/risk if it's permanent. I know someone who had dermis graft done to her nose and she said most of it reabsorbed as well... and it's kind of horrifying to think that you had a matchstick sized implant on your bridge. Did your bridge look unnaturally narrow? How does that even have the strength to extrude through your skin? So bizarre. Your story is making me seriously reconsider bridge augmentation. D:

my bridge didn't look narrow but there was thin uneven bumpy line in the very middle of the bridge and at the top of the bridge there was extrusion from a piece of the cartilage. It extruded back when it was a fresh implant actually. I recall noticing an unnatural redness on the extrusion site and over the course of 6 months or so, while the redness subsided, the piece of cartilage had began to jut against the skin and slowly extruded over time. My skin became so weak that one scratch would leave it ripped and bleeding. So basically damage occurred before there was significant resorption. I was actually hoping the resorption would help the extrusion but it didn't. Charles Lee even gave me bogus advice and said smoking may help shrink the implant :S wth

WTF. He told you to start smoking to help with extrusion?
Everything everywhere says that smoking will slow down healing process and reduce bloodflow to traumatized tissue. O.O

So I guess the problem was the cartilage wasn't implanted properly...? did the extrusion happen inside of your nose? at the tip? on the top?

LOL his words were somewhere along the lines of "i usually wouldn't recommend smoking but in this case it might actually help shrink the implant by restricting blood flow".

Well according to the post op report the implant was implanted deep into the nose but really.....he was the one who wrote it so he can kinda state whatever the hell he wanted. Extrusion for me occurred at the top of the bridge. Dr Park said the implant had poor placement. Dr Mendelson told me that the diced cartilage has that issue as a side effect. The perfect analogy i was given to explain it is, take an apple, dice it up finely. Use rice paper to wrap it up into a cigar. No matter how well you wrap it, the shape will always have irregularities. That's one of the limitation of the diced cartilage method. In fact its quite similar to hydroxy granules, which is why Dr Mendelson does not use hydroxy for the nose.

OIC. So Diced cartilage isn't a good option... Although I was told i have very thick skin. This past Friday, I went to a local ps clinic for a consultation and they showed me one of their silicone implants. That thing be hard... O.O

But I guess your ultra soft silicone would feel different... I'm going to do more research on what kinds of autologous tissue implants are possible. At least with your own tissue you know your body won't reject it.

I asked the consultant at Dream (via email) what kind of autologous tissue the doctors there use, but she said they use ultra soft silicone and didn't answer my question... Did the doctor who did your nose recommend any other alternatives to silicone when you had your consultation? Also, do you have a scar from your extrusion?

no scar from extrusion because dr park repaired it using a donor thigh tissue graft. There is still redness on the area tho because a) the graft is still growing into the damaged tissue to act as a protective barrier and b) these kinds of grafts tend to frequently increase circulation. It seems i need a special laser to alleviate the problem. Im not really bothered by it to be honest as easily cover it with make up. Im just glad he fixed the extrusion.

Dream does use rib grafts but its done by Dr Kim and some other surgeon whom i have never met. Dr Park only uses irradiated and ultra soft silicone.

The silicone you examined is definitely not the soft kind. There are 2 variations of silicones ive had in my nose. One is the soft silicone, which feels like a thin piece of rubber. The other is the ultra soft, which feels like a sponge. Just to explain to you how soft it is, I can do a partial piggy nose lol. With the other variations u can't even push your nose upwards

Also, when your body rejects an implant, it pretty much turns into an infection. Again, this can occur even with autologous implants, its just rare. Its also rare for infections to occur with irradiated and the soft artificial implants.