BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Diced cartilage wrapped in fascia? I don't think you'll be able to get the exact shape you want. Since it doesn't give the same degree in control as carving cartilage or silicone. However, no risk of warping/little to no absorption makes it more attractive than rib.

It kind of reminds me of getting injectable fillers where the doctor pinches your bridge a lot to mold it haha.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for sharing. i know it's been a while but see if you're still active on pf and care to share the result.

ps - I too consulted with Kwan and didn't like it.

no lah where got will weaken....i think same as cartilage. My doctor tell me septum cartilage is abit like apendix, don't have any purpose being inside nose.

I THINK ear cartilage gives you more tip augmentation than septal (but has the downside of another wound vs septal which is harvested from the nose).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though, and hope this helps :smile:

I think auto dermis would be wayyy too expensive for me. The consultants I've been emailing keep suggesting silicone, that it's a safer procedure... But in the long run, it'll probably require a revision!

Have you received a quote for auto dermis?

And when will you be going to Korea? Come with me in Decemberrrrrr!!! :smile:

Hey ladies/guys-

I've been on a huge "tour" like a mad woman with the most popular Asian nose surgeons in the States.

I figured I'd give a few a try before going over seas (although, I was totally biased about it because I formed an opinion already that Korea had the best surgeons for noses...).

I went to Dr. Charles Lee and had a consultation with him. I was promptly greeted by the girls up front and had no wait time, even though his office had a few ladies there- so, it was good to know that they do honor their appointment times.

Dr. Lee was very welcoming and warm. He gave a small intro about his background and what/how he practices at his office, which was reassuring for me. I hate it when surgeons are cut and dry. Anyhow, he asked me about myself- what I do, my hobbies, how I was enjoying Cali.- the typical stuff. After, we then discussed what I was aiming for on my nose. I told him I wanted tip refinement and bridge augmentation but, not too much where it looked like a pitched tent. He touched my nose and mapped out my face and agreed to the points I wanted to correct. I liked how he took the time to observe and actually feel my nose before making any points of it. He said I wouldn't need much of a bridge augmentation since I had an already "good bridge" and nose shape so, I felt a bit better about that.

The whole consultation lasted for a little over an hour. I didn't realize how time just flew by but I felt confident that Dr. Lee understood my concerns and would address them.

Also, I've had a few friends who have gotten their noses and alar done by him- all the ones who had alar done with Dr. Lee loved it and the ones that had their noses done only 2 weren't as happy but, it was more of a psychological thing for them.

I think with Dr. Lee; if you want that aggressive "white person nose" you should express it but, also be realistic. If you were born with a very flat nose- sorry but, you're never going to get a high, pointed nose- and I think the ones that weren't happy fully was because of this.

With that said, I do feel Dr. Lee does phenomenal work on those that need change but, not to the point where it changes your entire nose like Dr. Wang in Dalian.

As far as pricing goes, it's about average so, I'm pleased with that.

Overall, I give Dr. Lee and his staff 4 stars. I can't give him 5 because grabbing a surgery date would have taken a couple months in advance; luckily, I'm just shopping around for now.

My next stop was in NYC with Dr. Edmund Kwan.
Right off the bat, I had good vibes from his office. The front desk was very nice, accommodating and extremely professional.

I had zero wait time and a few ladies were already waiting before I arrived . I had come in a bit early but, I was called in anyways so, I was happy about that. Definitely book an appointment so you dont have to wait like the others.

Dr. Kwan was very welcoming and was down to earth. He even complimented me! Such a charming man. We shared a few words about eachother and then started the consult. He was very detailed oriented by measuring my entire face in per portion to my nose and felt around my bridge, tip and even inspected my alar/nostrils (which felt really awkward and weird...like having someone pick your nose...). He then asked me what I wanted to correct and achieve. He agreed but said he would prefer me not to get alar reduction because they were already fit for my face and that fixing the tip will "make it look perportionate" to my face. He pulled my tip up a little with this metal instrument thing and I was wowed by how much of a difference it made and loved the way it looked.

I asked Dr. Kwan about paranasal and maxilla implants and he gave me a 50/50 answer on it but I felt that he wasnt fully for these implants- especially the maxilla. To sum it up, he stated that the majority of people that get it done will want to remove it in under a year because it messes up your smile, it's painful, throws off the balance of the face or all the above.

I felt that Dr. Kwan was way more knowledgeable than Dr. Lee and I liked how he was hands one in visually showing me instead of just talking about it.

As far as price goes, he is expensive but, I can see why. I viewed more B&As and all the noses looked natural with subtle changes- which I can appreciate since I don't want a dramatic change.

I think I spent almost 2 hours with him. Again, time just zipped by.

Overall, I give Dr. Kwan and his staff 4.5 stars. Again, getting a date for surgery seems pretty hard.

Other places I won't go into much detail. They were just okay. Some, I liked the B&As on their sites but they couldn't produce more at the office which turned me off a bit. I'm a stickler for B&As and it is a deciding factor. I like to guage what the surgeon is capable of and see the type of style they're into. Anyhow, for me- I wouldn't go with a surgeon that has less than 5 B&As of their "best work"... It's very misleading.

In the end, I went to many places in Cali... NY... and the only mentionable ones were Dr. Lee and Dr. Kwan.

I do notice that the ones in the States tend to only fashion for those who already had good noses to work with. The type they like to make is a natural look as well. Although I do want a natural nose, I still want that "hallyu flare" to it- you know, the pretty ones that are a bit upturned and small... and the ones in the States aren't cutting it.

I've booked a flight to Seoul in early October so, Im very excited about that!

I'll be going to:

Dream
TLPS
ITEM
REGEN
Chungdam U
O&Young
Grand
A One

While I'm there I'll be more than happy to try and grab some consults. to your clinics that you have in mind so, you can shoot me a pm with the questions you want me to ask and I'll try to squeeze them in while I'm there. I'll only be in the Seoul area so, try to limit it to just this area.

Also, my friend just got back from Japan with Verite and it's only been 3 weeks since her nose job, eyes, forehead and chin there but, she already looks gorgeous! My cousin wanted to do it here but didn't because it was too pricey... and from what I've researched too, they are very pricey.

Will be back to update soon!
If you have any questions, hit the pm~

Thanks for your detailed review, please do update us your trip in oct!!! I am planning to do my nose in the end of Oct

Hi all! I had a consultation with Dr Park at Dream this week regarding rhinoplasty, and he actually suggested filling the bridge with diced cartilage mixed with fat - which would then be injected into the bridge. He didn't mention wrapping it in fascia... I specifically remember he said the cartilage/fat mix would be injected. He recommended this method after I mentioned I had some hesitations about using silicone and said around 70% of the volume should stay.

Has anyone ever heard of this method / ever done this before?

Curious as to all of your thoughts on this proposed method for bridge augmentation!

Hi curiious
I just curious which ps clinic did u choose for your bulbous nose without any implants? I have a similar nose like yours and also an existing silicone implant which i practically hate for it has gone crooked. I will be delightful to hear about your final results if u still receive email notice from here. Thanks in advance!

Whereabouts in the bridge is he injecting? Fat grafts are injected into subcutaneous layer of fat on your nose. Which is really thin so it's very hard to inject it there. There might be complications if the surgeon misses that layer and injects it somewhere else.

Otherwise, it seems like a method that I would personally go for. Having fillers injected into the bridge is not that painful. My doctor just put alcohol on my nose and went for it.