BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, is ok to swimming after 5 month post surgery. I even went diving after my 3rd month post surgery

Hi all, I would like to share some experience that i had in regards to nose surgery.

Let me first start off with my first nose job was done in few years back in teuim. Was done by dr kwon i think (cant really remb his name). Anyway for those who ever consider him for nose, i wont really recommend as he is better in eye lid surgery.

i didnt see much different for my first surgery with dr kwon anyway, my tip was still as round. 1 year later i went to ITEM clinic to do my nose.

I would say ITEM do does a good nice nose job but i also had friends that went there and get bad result too. Apparently her nose bridge was slanted. After 2 years my nose job with ITEM ,for some reason my nose started to upturn( like quite obvious nostril hole can be seen from the front, i used nose cartilage n silcone). Not too sure of the reason too. I wanted to go back to fix back my nose but i wast really happy with the after service so i decided to try other clinic.

The most recent one that i went was JW ps. The consultant was really nice, clinic was ok. I had my nose revision with Dr Suh to correct my upturn nose. My experience with that Dr suh was horrible. Firstly, half way in my nose surgery my anesthesia went off and i woke up in middle of my surgery. Is a very scary experience as no one likes to wake up in middle of the surgery and i could felt the pain in my nose and i was choking when i woke up. I wasn't really happy with my result, the nose was rather too natural when i have my cast off on the 5th day. Other then having bad experience during the surgery, and having a nose that not what i expected, the worse to come is a nose infection (which Dr suh claimed)

What happened was i had non stop bleed from my stitches on my 7th day of my post surgery (which not normal) as i was suppose to have a stitch out on the 8th day.So Dr Suh decided to re operate my nose to check what the problem. To my horror, when i woke up. He REMOVED everything from my nose and said that i had nose infection (btw i used donated rib cartilage and silicone). Omg, i cried non stop for days. From having bridge to nothing. I asked Dr suh what was the cause of infection and he cant tell me what's the reason???? Like seriously, you are a doctor, you can even tell me like which part of my nose had an infection and cant even give me a reason either.

FYI, i then went to Google the symptoms of nose infection.
1. Swollen/red and pain on the tip
2. pus coming out from the wound
3. dark red blood
4.sinus

And i have NONE of this as mention, mine was just bright red blood.

After 3 month post surgery at JW cinic i decided to consult Singapore doctor for my recovery. I explained my situation to them, i consulted two doctors about it and both the doctors felt that what i explained does not sound like an infection. One even mention to me if is just bleeding and no pus, there shouldn't be a need to remove and it can be treated by antibiotic or to monitor the situation. Now i end up having a horrible nose and the doc from Singapore said he kinda screwed up my nose.

Well, after hearing this, my thoughts of going back to JW is near to impossible. Even though i wont not need to pay for my this revision but i do not want to do through this experience. what worse is my consultant that always been attending to me left without a word. I cant describe how lost i am now.

After years and doing with different doc, here are some advises:

- Look at the doctor past works, try to find as much photos you can find (I can tell you honestly whatever u want from doc and how you describe to them , they end up do how they like to do)

-Ask question whether your skin is thick or thin to find the suitable type of cartilage.

-Try to find sample with their work that what you want to achieve the most, pls do not try describing to them (sometimes i dont even know if they know what i mean)

Ok that's what i can think of now.

Now, i not sure who should i consult for my revision, so if there's anyone has done revision and quite happy with their result i hope you can share.

Thank you

Hey kitty, sorry to hear about your experiences.

Item was never on my list, but JW is. It's comforting to know that they at least offered a free revision, but I totally don't blame you if you decide on another clinic seeing that you had a terrible experience. Many people on this forum is going to, or have had revision surgery. Many have made their own threads reviewing clinics, or have posted in this thread (and previous nose job threads) so I highly recommend reading them (:

I am sorry for your experience:sad: may i asked which dr you and your frds find to do their nose in item??? and i may share my groupmate review with you after November, as she is going to done her nose again.

So I've used my photoshop "skills" on the bottom half of my nose into what I'd think I'd be happy with.

[​IMG]

First shop is alar reduction. I want to keep the tip the same width to increase the tip to alar ratio.
In most b&a alar photos, I notice that the tip has been reduced along with the alars which looks unappealing imo.

[​IMG]

This looks a bit cartoony but I want the creases along the side and under my nose tip to be straighter and more defined.
Don't know if this is possible but I sent these pics to a few clinics to see what they'd say.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all , I am planning to have a nose job with Dr Park OZ Clinic early Dec . May i ask if anyone of you had rhino experience with him ?

I would love to have a companion and to share lodging cost in Dec when i am in Korea . Let me know if any of you are keen :smile:

Hi all ! Pls give me some time to reply some of the messages as I been away. I'm currently in Seoul now and doing my 4th revision for my nose . Before I release the name of clinic I just would like to share my experience about two other clinic that I go for consultation. So anyway, I booked appointment with dream plastic surgery, I went there and the consultant and translator are really nice. Clinic is nicely done up too. I consulted Dr park for my case.im glad that he say my nose is ready for revision despite is 4th month post surgery as usually revision can only be done after 6 months. He said mine is contracted nose case won't make any diff if I continue to wait.

So dr park suggest i use derma fats and my own rib for tip next I asked for pic to show his works for upturn nose he only managed showed me one and the nurse told me he is actually better in doing close surgery. I was really convinced to do with him so went to 2nd doc.

2nd consultation was with JK. When I reach there , the whole place seems pretty quiet. So the girl attended me was called serah seems pretty nice, I was brought to a room and the doc come to me Instead. (Kinda odd I usually go to doc room instead the doc come to me). So he explained my situation as contacted nose and say I should not wait and should do my nose soon. He also suggested own rib n derma fats (in case you not sure what's derma fats is own butt tissue to make the bridge) and I asked if he can use my ear cartilage to make my tip he seems reluctant so. As I have one side of ear is untouched which means doc still cab harvest it. Again I asked to see his work for upturn nose but I wasnt impressed by this work at all.

Feeling rather dishearted at this moment as I went to two doc and none of them seems to be my idea type of nose I want. By looking at their primary case is not good enough, as you know contracted nose is like short nose, the doc must be skilled enough to pull my nose down. Lastly I went to the last clinic is call april31. Out of all, I suppose a lot of people might not have heard it, when I reach the place is rather small clinic and not as posh as the rest of clinic I went. The translator that attended me was call brian. He really nice and speaks fluent English, even though I was taken a back by the looks of the clinic but never judge a book by its cover ! I went in and consulted with dr Kim. He seems confident of my nose he say he will do is best to bring down my upturn nose and what he suggested is used my ear cartilage and derma fats for the surgery. I really wanted use silcone for my bridge but he mention as I have infection before he strongly suggest that I should use my own tissue to prevent any infection. As usual I asked for his work and he should be a couple of few surgeries he had and even a video of it . This technique of nose surgery is diff. Basically as you know most nose surgery after you done it the tip will be stiff and not movable but however he is able to remain your tip like a natural tip which allows you wigger your nose like a natural nose. Go to his website check it out. As you can guess , I chose april31. Though it doesn't look posh but I have to say doc seems to did a great job to my nose even though I can't see it yet. I don't even have much swelling compare to my last surgery with dr suh from jw. And my bleeding stops on 2nd day. Most important is dr Kim placed a tube in my nose and I can totally breathe from it !! Previously with jw they stuffed two cotton inside my nose I can't breathe at all i almost died from the stuffing because it was so uncomfortable.

Well now I'm waiting for my recover and can't wait to see the result !

I AM!!! add me on Kakao: frhjing

price wise it goes like this. mid priced clinic = jw mid - high priced clinic = dream high priced clinic = april 31