BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

situations where they will advise you to wait would be a for aesthetic reasons. ie. warped implant, deviation etc.

situations where they will advise near to immediate removal are infections or for other health concerns such as extreme tearing and redness due to impending extrusion.

After my most recent revision I went to Dr Mendelson for a check up when I was back in melbourne just to make sure everything is alright. I asked about cases considered extreme and requiring immediate removal. He cited one patient who came to him who had sudden extrusion of her high-density polyethylene implant. This was to the point where the implant had become visible. So that situation obviously warranted an immediate removal.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does warped implant mean??

I visited GRAND and GIRIN last week for free consultation
This is my personal opinion, please dont accept as offend

GRAND: Recommend rhinoplasty for silicon implants for nasal tip and bridge, but doctor did not say the reason why he recommend silicon for tip and bridge, I waited about 40 min for meet doctor and he finish in 10 min the consultation.. pretty didnt care about customer service

GIRIN: Recommend rhinoplasty for bone graft for nasal tip and silicon implants for bridge, I did not ask doctor 'why?' but he told me reason and how to operate. but there are only few english consultant unlike GRAND. I had to wait for the consultant about 10 min but less than GRAND actually, GRAND has good service without the doctor. If you want to visit GIRIN, reserve the consultation time first..

GRAND: they said there are lots of doctor who specialized in Nose surgery, so head doctor checked my nose and he made a scheduled for other doctor specialized in short nose correction (The surgery what I need). but I could not meet the doctor who will be my surgeon in advance

GIRIN: there are only two doctor in GIRIN clinic, one is specialized in face and eye and the other is specialized in nose. I had consultation with the doctor (nose) and he will be my surgeon as well
I feel more ease, caz I could me my surgeon and he checked my nose.

Both of clinic is good (but something not good :-s), but I still worry about which clinic would be good and makes good result!

My implant moved out of place. It seems to dropped and slanted to the left putting pressure on my tip. I'm beginning to see extrusion on the tip. I have 18 days until it gets removed but I hope it doesn't extrude completely before then.. Here's a picture of my tip. It's attached. Let me know what yall think .. Whether or not I'll last until my surgery date.

It looks red & slightly swollen to me, isn't warm when you touch your tip? Maybe you can consult a doctor and see if there is a need to get oral antibiotic for prophylaxis? Or bring forward your surgery date.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/13552250_Silicone_in_nasal_augmentation_rhinoplasty_a_decade_of_clinical_experience

10 year study of silicone implants on mainly south Asian women using the older style implant of approximately 420 people. Then finding was that 10% had complications and required removal this included the doctor not shaping it correctly.

I think Asians are pushing for silicone because our faces are very refined so any bumps caused from cartilage has a greater impact on our Face.

However, if you find a doctor that really knows how to shape cartilage than I'd definitely choosen cartilage.

Let me know what you think!☺

looks to me like its slightly deviated and beginning to extrude. In cases where extrusion is impending anti biotics will not prevent the damage nor will it slow the process. You best consult a surgeon asap. Situations like yours it may be more advisable to remove it sooner than later as it may causes significant damage to your nose. Also monitor your nose if it begins to puss up or crust up.

I called the place and they're xharging me the same price to redo it with implant or take it out for the same price. Does this make any sense? I feel like they're taken advantage of me. What are my rights as a patient? The website does not post any $ for removal.

thats sucks!! you have to complain to doctor about revision as free!!

ummm revisions are usually free. Why on earth would they charge you for an unsatisfactory rhinoplasty. Especially when its not just aesthetic concerns but health concerns too

Hi! I'm planning to do Rhinoplasty at Banobagi. I heard that patients are not allowed to wear glasses for one month after surgery. However I'm shortsighted 550 degree, so basically I can't see anything without glasses ): i wonder if i can wear it with the cast on, so that it won't affect my nose? Anyone here has experiences?

I couldn't wear glasses for 2 months minimum. You should perhaps start practising using contacts.

Holy crap! That's crazy! My budget is $15k USD. How much are they charging for double eyelid? They're really coy about giving their prices online...
I'm going to go consult with my Korean friend, hopefully she can help me lower the prices. :biggrin: