BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Have always been a visitor, never posted anything before. It's currently my last day in Korea. Did my rhino and fat grafting to correct my flat side profile.
I did my procedures at Banobagi by Dr Lee. It's currently day 10 post-op. There's still quite a fair bit of swelling. Went for my last post-surgery checkup this afternoon. There was some clotting of blood and Dr Lee removed them very skillfully. I'm very thankful for that. Hopefully the swelling will dissipate even faster after today.
Just thought that I should share my experiences with anyone who's keen on PS.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for sharing, hoping for your speedy recovery.

do u mind sharing the bits and details of your operations like what material did u used and method? thanks

Helloooo
As well as giving out more information could you show us a before and after of a pic of your surgery?

I was under GA throughout the entire surgery. For fat grafting, the doc used fat from my thighs through an insertion from the bottom of my buttocks. It might be a bit tender for the first few days. I had slight difficulty walking around.
For rhinoplasty, my nose shape was quite nice to begin with but from the side, my profile just looked quite flat. I requested for a higher nose bridge and a slightly more prominent tip. I showed some pics to the doc before the surgery and he advised me on the nose that would fit my face best since my skin is quite thin. He used ear cartilage. I was in an unconscious state throughout until the last ten minutes when I felt him fixing the implant in my nose and stitching up my nose. It may sound like a lot of pain, but I couldn't feel any at all, just some discomfort. He stitched the sides of my nostrils closer together from the inside (so the nose shape would still look natural from the outside) to make my nose look less broad.

There were certain things I wished I had someone tell me before my surgery so I'd be more mentally prepared for the recovery. Anyway, it's always good to have someone supportive during your recovery phase. :smile:

[MENTION=508816]pikapikachu[/MENTION]
I would say I'm really quite lucky to have a good surgeon operate on me. The surgery was a breeze considering how painless it was. The recovery was also painless but the first few days were rather tumultuous when I saw how different my face had gotten from the swelling. Thank goodness the bruises and swelling subsided by quite a bit by the fifth day.
I guess no matter where you go to, it still boils down to the surgeon who is performing the surgery on you. I wish you all the best and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my own recovery!

Hello thanks for sharing did you have a silicon implant? Ultra soft silicon or normal silicon?
And could you show a before and after picture? Thanks!

Btw are you able to wear glasses after the surgery with the cast protection on?

Hi, please tell us more about what you had put in your nose and whether you are happy with the shape and the fat graft. How much did you pay for these so those of us that want to do these things know what to expect. Thanks.

Hmm...it's not advisable to wear glasses cuz your nose bridge will be quite tender from the surgery. I wore my specs before the surgery but after that I didn't wear them anymore. But with the cast bridge (splint) on, it's quite ok. Once the splint is removed, best not to wear glasses for at least a month. I know it sucks but it's best to be on the safe side.

I had ear cartilage for the tip and silicon for the bridge (if I'm not wrong). The fat graft looks good on most people from day 1 but for me it looked more natural after the 5th day when the swelling went down.
I paid a total of 8mil kwon for both procedures. Prices are negotiable. But Banobagi is kinda popular especially with the locals so also can't really negotiate much. Anyway the price is kinda reasonable for me. Other clinics may offer lower prices but I wanted a particular surgeon (Dr Lee).

Heyyy...thank goodness the swelling went down significantly after I touched down in sg. I went to Banobagi and had my surgery done by Dr Lee. :smile:

Hey! I'm from Singapore too ^^ happy to hear that tour recovery went well (: Did you paid full in cash? I heard that prices can be negotiated if you pay in cash. And did went on your own or through medical tourism? I'm considering to go through this korea medical tourism "Docfinderkorea" a few bloggers blogged about them, but not sure if they're trustable :/