BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 7

Complete panic mode. I know it's TOO early to tell and judge. But everything I didnt want in a nose, I see. My sorness and facial swelling has gone down. I still have my nose splint on but could see the tip and nostrils. My (rib) implant doesn't appear to be long enough, I'm praying for my tip to drop 1/2".. Anything. i had non existent nostrils before, but he did an minor alar reduction to narrow the tip, and now my nostrils are way too thin and stretched foward to the tip. That I can't see any kind of nostril formation from the side.

Has anyone experienced this the first few days and freaked out like myself? Does the nostrils change in shape and size as swelling goes down?

Nurse said being despressed as you recover is normal, I didn't undestand. But now I get it.

Hi moody. Yup I was freaking out and depressed for first 3 months after rib cartilage rhinoplasty . It's my first rhinoplasty and I didn't know what to expect regarding recovery time. 7 days is WAY too early. You have to wait at least 3 months when you have rib cartilage for most of the swelling to go down. I never had silicone implant but from many peoples' post op pictures, it seems to be ALOT quicker recovery time and more predictable shape compared to rib cartilage. I am 9 months post op and it finally seems to have its final shape and definition. They say that the tip does stay swollen longer, so expect what you see currently to change (whether slightly or significantly). What I can say about my nose that stayed consistent through time is the overall shape/ angle of my nose (height of bridge compared to tip) from side profile view. I was disappointed with my side profile after surgery, and also now. So I'm going back for a revision. Be patient for couple months before you decide whether you like your nose, either way you would have to wait for 6 months to a year if you want a revision.

Hi moody

I really hope you turn out okay. I think I may have a bit of the same problem with you. I had my rhinoplasty using rib a month ago and when the splits came off I freaked initially when looking in the mirror (after that I did whatever I could to distract myself because it's really just swelling) because I thought my tip was way longer than my bridge. However now I think it's either gone down a bit or I have realised that it isn't that bad.
Please take a look at my past posts where you can see some of my nose pictures. Is your nose now something like mine? If so, the swelling will go down but IMHO I've never seen pics or heard of cases were the nose tip goes down by 50% (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). Again don't worry because sometimes surgeon like to add more height to the tip because they expect it to go down more than they expect, at least that's what my doc told me.
My alars were also cut back where it made my nose thinner (but which is alright and will go down to look rounder). So if you can imagine I thought I looked like an elf or something.
Which clinic did you go to in korea, VIP?
Anyway keep updating and just relax because there is no point in worrying!

Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for a bit as I have been planning to go to Korea with my sister to do my nose.

I thought I make a contribution to this thread as I have gotten some information on which clinics I want to go to.

I am actually leaving for my flight today, specifically around 2 pm.

Anyway, I have made consultation appts for Monday for Girin and Item so far. I'll probably book one with View as they're also in the same building as Girin.

Has anyone heard of Opera and know anything about it for rhinoplasties?

The procedure you're looking for is called bulbous nose reduction.

Search 복코수술 on google images.

For people who got rib in their nose tip, Can you guys push your nose up like a pig?

For people who got tipplasty, can you guys push your nose up like a pig?

I have ear cartilage in my tip and I can still do piggy nose, so when people ask if I've had my nose done I just do piggy nose :P

when you do not know something in korean it is good to use www.naver.com just type in english through search bar than it will show
pretty much first one is the meaning of that word i guess
that is what i usually do if i need to know some words in korean lol

Awesome, thanks a bunch. I'm sure it'll come in handy!

Had a #4 silicone implant in my nose for 2.5 months. Excluding the swelling and infection period, I paid about 5k to look good for about 1 month. Finally got my implant removed yesterday and I now realize how good my old nose feels and looks. It'll probably take a few more weeks for my nose to go back to its original height but the tip will still be sharper with my ear cartilage.
Just wanna caution those who are keen on doing rhino to be prepared for situations like mine.

Hi pikapikachu,
The infection only happened 1.5 months post surgery. There was some swelling on the nose bridge and it didn't go away despite taking antibiotics.
Just removed it and the recovery was very fast. It only took a day for me to be able to go out in public. A small percentage of people who do ps will encounter this. I'm just more sensitive.
I still have ear cartilage in my nasal tip so my side profile is still sharper than my original.
There is no window period for an infection to occur. It can happen anytime. Even after 5 years. So at least that's a burden off my chest. I'm just happy that my nose feels natural now. Previously, I couldn't do much vigorous activities because the implant felt like it was 'swimming' in my nose. And I was depressed because I couldn't gym.
It is hard to say if an infection will occur. It still boils down to luck I guess.

I have silicon, and I cant do piggy nose, my silicon is not fitting to snugglely within my nose either (actually, Im having a problem) which is my concern. I dont really have to do piggy nose if u know what I mean, but I figure a nose that can do piggy must be really natural and safe, would you mind PM me your dr? I am considering to fix my problem. This summer. Thank you and love you