BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

For those who have silicone implant in the bridge of the nose, does your nose bridge look shiny even after final results? I was really interested in JW from watching their videos of patient's plastic surgery experience. However, when I watched a video of a rhinoplasty patient of JW, Agri Velt (a blogger) , after she had already had her rhinoplasty, I noticed that her nose looks really shiny and unnatural. Is it because of the swelling? Or will it always look unnatural under certain angles and lighting?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please help me out here, if only tip augmentation is performed because of the fear towards the risk implications involved on using an implant.....does it make sense a couple of years down the road use fillers for the bridge as "touch up"? Appreciate if anyone can advice, thanks!

Filler no last forever right? Then you need many touch up. My friend do filler 2 time ever one year

Hi

I just did a nose surgery and had my cast and sticth removed yesterday. At first it is shinny and feels little bit stiff and weird. But already today i can see that the nose is not so shinny anymore. At the front it looks really natural. You can't tell that i have done surgery . But at some side angle. I feel like it is still to high and not naturall but my friend tell me that at the sideview it looks nice. So maybe it depends on how you see it and I think sometimes you can"t really see your nose like other sees it. but i think in a couple of month it will be much more natural and not shinny anymore. I've seen alot of people with nosejob and they don't have this shinning nose but some you can really tell they got nose jobb because their bridge is too straight and too high.

Thank you for the response. Congrats with the procedure! How do you like your nose? Do you mind me asking you where you got it done?

It is depends on their skin condition
but sometimes it does shines right after the surgery
and it gets fine after few days

• 2 weeks later...
im nearly at 3 months post op and the oily nose problem for me is pretty bad. i'm too afraid to scrub my nose too hard or squeeze it so even though I wash my nose with a cleansing agent my nose has still gotten bumpy from all the grease on my nose. my skin is easily prone to that. skin on my whole face got bumpy after 1 month post op because I was afraid to wash my face abrasively

try using a harsh exfoliant with tons of micro beads. Get the black pore mask and sleep with the glamglow youth mud on your nose to contantly drain excess oil production. I use that method for my forehead because first 2-3 months after fat graft it gets super oily.

Hi guys. Im fairly new here. Im a female singaporean who plan to visit Korea in july/aug to do rhinoplasty. preferably in a group. Its my first ps hence i am trying to read up more about nose job from this forum. Currently I am looking at april31, banobagi and dream as recommended by many here. I have seen many revision cases for nose job which makes me worry that I may end up having the need to go for one too. I am not sure about having foreign implants in my nose but for nose bridge, implants are the only way to get it done. I asked around regarding the lifespan of silicone and if its true that after a few years, you will need to get it removed. But im getting different answers. Also, will close or open rhinoplasty be more suitable for first nose job? Anyone here who are experienced or have done enough research on rhinoplasty can give your opinion? (:

I've had both open and closed rhino done and while closed rhino is certainly faster and easier when it comes to recovery, it is still not as simple as one method is better than the other. There's other factors involved. So you will have to consider the following:

a) The skill of the surgeon.

Whether its open or closed rhino, if you come across a lousy surgeon you always face higher risks at being botched.

b) The condition of your nose.

While closed rhino can be done on most patients, some would require open. An example would be individuals who are borne with certain deficiencies. I know one girl who had a condition whereby her underlying facial structure was flatter than that of the average person. In such a case she was not a candidate for closed rhino. Likewise, people with really short noses collumelas should consider closed rhino instead of open to maximise length and elasticity.

c)The speciality of the surgeon.

This is especially important when it comes to closed rhinoplasty. Because only a surgeon who specializes in endoscopic rhinoplasty can yield ample results when it comes to tipplasty and more complicated cases.

So ultimately you can get good results from both methods, but it is dependent on the surgeon and the condition of your nose. HOWEVER, you need to understand that when it comes to methodology, its not simply open or closed. You need to consider:

1)the placement method

2) is osteo required?

3) is rasping required?

4) the tip building method, which then leads into more concerns:
a) is septal extension required?
b) is bulbous tissue excision required?
c) is septal lengthening required?

5) is alar reduction required? which then leads into:
a) what method of alar reduction is required?

The most accurate way of selecting the best surgeon for your case would always be to select based on methodology and margin of human error. It founds tedious but we only have one face.

I was going to choose Dr. Charles Lee but now I changed my mind. Was it that bad? His before and after pictures online look Good. I have very very low bridge and bulbous nose.

yes he has good before and afters. Before and afters are also marketing and do not accurately reflect surgical skill. Charles Lee has a very high margin of error. He has as many bad views as he has good. And my experience was awful with him. I ended up with an asymmetrical nose in both the bridge and tip. One nostril was a different shape to the other. I had a humped bridge with bumps and unevenness. And the worst thing was extrusion I experienced. His placement technique was atrocious too which was a huge contributing factor to my extrusion